Simple question. Why is it whenever AT&T push an update it makes it to the main/news page, but other carriers/PRDs don't? This really annoys me. Everyone has a right to know when their updates arrive, not just AT&T users. For example, I received Feb security patch update almost a week ago; and I believe that most of Europe did as well. So why wasn't this announced on the main/news page. Then as soon as AT&T users receive an update it's posted right away? It frustrates me, it really does.
    03-02-18 02:43 AM
    Seriously? You want a CB main/news page posting EVERY TIME any carrier sends out security updates? I think you just need to be frustrated, because your solution is insane.
    03-02-18 05:36 AM
    Seriously? You want a CB main/news page posting EVERY TIME any carrier sends out security updates? I think you just need to be frustrated, because your solution is insane.
    Then why do AT&T users need a news update EVERYTIME? Are they too dumb to search?
    03-02-18 06:35 AM
    Maybe it's because when AT&T does it, it really is news?
    03-02-18 06:38 AM
    Simple question. Why is it whenever AT&T push an update it makes it to the main/news page, but other carriers/PRDs don't? This really annoys me. Everyone has a right to know when their updates arrive, not just AT&T users. For example, I received Feb security patch update almost a week ago; and I believe that most of Europe did as well. So why wasn't this announced on the main/news page. Then as soon as AT&T users receive an update it's posted right away? It frustrates me, it really does.
    Really? Updates for carrier locked devices are rare as unicorns historically. AT&T, Verizon and Sprint are Three Musketeers riding those unicorns. Of course it's news. Updates to factory unlocked devices are just expected. LOL. Plus, the factory unlocked device updates are usually announced on CB too.
    BigAl_BB9900 and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-02-18 06:54 AM
    my point is almost the whole of Europe received the Feb security patch at once about a week ago, yet no news was issued. but I guess because we are European and aren't from USA we aren't as important. at least that's how it feels
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    03-02-18 08:51 AM
    Dog bites man vs man bites dog.
    ppeters914 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    03-02-18 09:49 AM
    And neither wins
    03-02-18 09:51 AM
    Pretty much. Others are pretty consistent. AT&T and Verizon are NOT.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-02-18 10:14 AM
    my point is almost the whole of Europe received the Feb security patch at once about a week ago, yet no news was issued. but I guess because we are European and aren't from USA we aren't as important. at least that's how it feels
    So send it into tips[@]crackberry.com next time or link to where the carriers have posted their notices of the updates.
    03-02-18 10:18 AM
    No reason to bring Verizon in on this....they aren't involved with BBMo at all.

And I'm pretty happy with Verizon/Samsung's montly patches... other than this Feb, this first time in the six months I've had this phone that it didn't get a monthly update.
    03-02-18 11:22 AM
    Really? Updates for carrier locked devices are rare as unicorns historically. AT&T, Verizon and Sprint are Three Musketeers riding those unicorns. Of course it's news. Updates to factory unlocked devices are just expected. LOL. Plus, the factory unlocked device updates are usually announced on CB too.
    Verizon Priv 😂😂😂
    03-02-18 11:33 AM
    No reason to bring Verizon in on this....they aren't involved with BBMo at all.

And I'm pretty happy with Verizon/Samsung's montly patches... other than this Feb, this first time in the six months I've had this phone that it didn't get a monthly update.
    I brought Verizon in as carrier because I'm speaking about carrier updates for Android devices in general.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-02-18 11:39 AM
    otherwise how is a guy to know if it winds up making this phone "buttery smooth" ??
    03-02-18 02:48 PM
    Did someone mention Verizon? Well, it is now March and we await the Feb update on the so-called "Verizon" KeyOne.
    03-02-18 03:02 PM
    Did someone mention Verizon? Well, it is now March and we await the Feb update on the so-called "Verizon" KeyOne.
    Well, that's the issue Dunt Dunt Dunt was referring to. You didn't buy a Verizon KEYone. You bought a compatible with Verizon KEYone. Devil in the details.
    03-02-18 03:04 PM
    Extra, extra, read all about it... AT&T released an update!!!
    03-02-18 04:30 PM
    Well, I agree fully with OP. We buy BlackBerry, period! Who gives a crap about individual carrier updates on the main page! AT&T or anyone else! What CB should be doing is posting security update releases by carrier dates for each BlackBerry devise within their forums. I am not in any way prejudice against any carrier, I think they are all crap, money hungry parasites! Update us on the main page with proper Blackberry news and leave the fodor to the individual forums. Just my 2 cents worth, don't bother asking for change. Cheers,
    03-02-18 05:35 PM
    CB does a great job in posting announcements and providing us the content that is relevant. It is up to you the participant to post such irrelevant news...
    03-02-18 05:36 PM
    Because AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson approves of this announcement...

file:///storage/emulated/0/Download/att-legal-threats.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone OS updates posted as news on CB-8112.jpg  
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    03-02-18 05:44 PM
    And if it were truly a Verizon branded BlackBerry, chances are we'd still be waiting for any update.

On the other end of the VZW spectrum, my Moto gets them regularly, but directly from Moto.

OP, almost every update is announced. Give Bla1ze a break for missing one. You received the update, which is the important thing. Reading about what you received, or not reading about it, in the end is nothing worth getting worked up about. Now if all that was blogged was Canadian releases, you might have something for my tin hat to absorb.
    jafobabe and rolfep like this.
    03-02-18 11:07 PM
    Well, I agree fully with OP. We buy BlackBerry, period! Who gives a crap about individual carrier updates on the main page! AT&T or anyone else! What CB should be doing is posting security update releases by carrier dates for each BlackBerry devise within their forums. I am not in any way prejudice against any carrier, I think they are all crap, money hungry parasites! Update us on the main page with proper Blackberry news and leave the fodor to the individual forums. Just my 2 cents worth, don't bother asking for change. Cheers,
    We all know when each device variant has an update that is going out OTA by checking the server ourselves. The only one we can't see is AT&T since they use their own.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-02-18 11:13 PM
    This post is very similar to another one about why are people trying to make Android look like OS 10......

In the end who cares............you follow this why.......for me it comes when it comes........I have other things to look forward too.
    03-03-18 03:40 PM
    Sprint -no January, no February updates for Keyone !
    03-04-18 12:25 PM
    First world problem if I've ever seen one. Jajajaja!!!
    03-04-18 01:47 PM
32 12