I have Tmobile and have wifi calling, but cannot find the wifi calling settings in settings since Oreo. HATE OREO!!!

In on Tmobile w/k1, and have wifi calling after Oreo.
    There are several posts in this thread that explain how to get to wifi calling settings on K1 using T-Mobile. Try starting here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13269404
    09-12-18 12:09 PM
    I would like the opportunity to check out Oreo, but I get nada when I check for updates. How did those of you on T-Mobile get updated? Notification, through Apps/Updates? Or some other clever means that I am slow to figure out?
    09-12-18 09:37 PM
    I would like the opportunity to check out Oreo, but I get nada when I check for updates. How did those of you on T-Mobile get updated? Notification, through Apps/Updates? Or some other clever means that I am slow to figure out?
    On my phone, unlocked Silver Edition using T-Mobile, KEYone BBB100-1 PRD-63116-001, the update was detected by the phone and I downloaded it.

Updates vary by device and that can be seen here: https://tclota.birth-online.de/

If you follow the instructions to get the information about your device at the top of that page and provide it, maybe someone could better advise.
    09-13-18 08:06 AM
    Thanks rolfep...I have exactly the same phone, same PRD and on T-Mobile and no update detected. Strange....
    09-13-18 10:46 AM
    OK, this is an old thread so hopefully I can get a response from someone on this.

I have a Keyone Black Edition - factory unlocked - TMO network and am on Oreo 8.1.0. I am trying to get the WIFI calling to work with no success.

I went into the phone information screen and turned on the provisioning for WiFi Calling and then went back to the Network screen and enables it there and selected WiFi Preferred. I get a Notification "WiFi Not Ready" and then I get a "WiFi Calling Error" but never an explination of what that error is or anything like that.

Has TMO totally killed the WiFi calling for the KEYone? (i live out in the sticks and really hope there is a way to get this working that I am just missing)

Thanks!
    09-26-20 01:25 PM
    OK, this is an old thread so hopefully I can get a response from someone on this.

I have a Keyone Black Edition - factory unlocked - TMO network and am on Oreo 8.1.0. I am trying to get the WIFI calling to work with no success.

I went into the phone information screen and turned on the provisioning for WiFi Calling and then went back to the Network screen and enables it there and selected WiFi Preferred. I get a Notification "WiFi Not Ready" and then I get a "WiFi Calling Error" but never an explination of what that error is or anything like that.

Has TMO totally killed the WiFi calling for the KEYone? (i live out in the sticks and really hope there is a way to get this working that I am just missing)

Thanks!
    Is your T-Mobile account prepaid or postpaid ?
    09-26-20 02:19 PM
    Is your T-Mobile account prepaid or postpaid ?
    It is PostPaid - TMO Family Plan, contract blah blah blah
    09-26-20 02:24 PM
    It is PostPaid - TMO Family Plan, contract blah blah blah
    Many here claim WFC no problem on the postpaid T-Mobile unlimited plans. Also can use DIGITS option. I have a BE KEYone and Motion on T-Mobile prepaid and get the same errors you do. Perhaps @bh7171 might have some ideas
    09-26-20 02:30 PM
    Many here claim WFC no problem on the postpaid T-Mobile unlimited plans. Also can use DIGITS option. I have a BE KEYone and Motion on T-Mobile prepaid and get the same errors you do. Perhaps @bh7171 might have some ideas
    Thanks Chuck. If I don't get a solution on here in a couple days I will just call tmo. I just hate dealing with customer service and having a BlackBerry. They always give me the solution of "must be your phone".
    09-26-20 04:25 PM
    Thanks Chuck. If I don't get a solution on here in a couple days I will just call tmo. I just hate dealing with customer service and having a BlackBerry. They always give me the solution of "must be your phone".
    Unfortunately, the only real solution for WFC supported on BE KEYone, is T-Mobile postpaid unlimited account. It seems the premium account was confirmed supported from @bh7171 however, it appears he’s taking a several day nap. Usually he’s around...... Do you have a different phone that does support WFC you can drop your SIM into to see if you can old-school trick network?
    09-26-20 04:52 PM
    I can confirm that Wi-Fi Calling no longer works on my KEYone with Oreo 8.1. I have an old post-paid plan, Simple Choice. It *used to* work okay, then one day, no longer worked at all. I have a thread on the subject on Crackberry and I did contact TMO about it. The tech I got was actually excited to hear that I had a KEYone. Unfortunately, he could not fix the problem and said he would follow-up, but no follow-up, other than the usually survey asking what I thought of TMO service.

One thing I have observed is that even when Wi-Fi Calling didn't work all the time on my home network, I could count on it working when traveling or on my work network. On a recent trip, Wi-Fi Calling didn't work on foreign Wi-Fi's, so I think it's pretty dead for the KEYone now...
    10-18-20 07:52 AM
36 12