I'm aware their t-mobile owned and networked. But the thing is, while setting up the phone at the metro store, from the minute the Sim went in, once it booted up it flashed tmobile. No updates applied yet.
    Info was on the SIM...
    07-10-18 10:58 AM
    One of the big things about Oreo is project treble - they make a very clean separation between the OS and the OEM specific code. Should mean that future updates are a lot easier for the OEM to do. So, this is a requirement on new phones that start on Oreo, but for phones that started on earlier version, and upgrade to Oreo, it's not a requirement. But, given how similar the KeyOne and Key2 hardware is, I wonder if BB Mobile has done the right thing, and fully integrated those changes into the KeyOne update. Could mean that they stay on top of security and version upgrades a lot faster. (that's not a veiled complaint)
    07-10-18 11:26 AM
    But, given how similar the KeyOne and Key2 hardware is, I wonder if BB Mobile has done the right thing, and fully integrated those changes into the KeyOne update.
    To put Treble on an older phone either requires thinking ahead and already doing the necessary modular configuration of Android (which TCL hasn't done), or attempting to repartition the device with an OTA update (which is risky).
    FF22 and anon(2695703) like this.
    07-10-18 11:28 AM
    Excellent point, so pretty much not going to happen on the KeyOne.
    07-10-18 11:34 AM
    Just to confirm, I received the Oreo prep update. I spoke to my IT administrator and he clarified this. Also I cannot post screenshot using my device as I have a custom interface with privacy and privileged information.
    07-10-18 11:52 AM
    Just to confirm, I received the Oreo prep update. I spoke to my IT administrator and he clarified this. Also I cannot post screenshot using my device as I have a custom interface with privacy and privileged information.
    I got that for my S7 about two months before they released OREO.....
    07-10-18 11:54 AM
    Received prep patch in germany
    07-10-18 12:34 PM
    no patch on ee in the UK
    07-10-18 12:45 PM
    Received prep patch in germany
    Which PRD? I'm also german and did not receive anything.
    07-10-18 02:12 PM
    What do you mend with prd?
    Which PRD? I'm also german and did not receive anything.
    07-10-18 02:13 PM
    Does this help?
    07-10-18 02:16 PM
    What do you mend with prd?
    Open the dialer and type *#837837#.
    07-10-18 02:25 PM
    Here
    07-10-18 02:26 PM
    Strange, i have the Same PRD and did not receive the update. I am still on may Patch. As i've sad: germany, unlocked device
    07-10-18 02:32 PM
    Strange, i have the Same PRD and did not receive the update. I am still on may Patch. As i've sad: germany, unlocked device
    It seems rebooting the phone can trigger an update.
    Captain BBB likes this.
    07-10-18 02:38 PM
    It seems rebooting the phone can trigger an update.
    Just rebooted ..... No update
    07-10-18 02:40 PM
    Just rebooted ..... No update
    Did you lay it on the ground... point it north, and then dance counter-clockwise five times, then clockwise eight times and them do a back flip three time?

Or you might try pulling you SIM and rebooting check then reinsert your SIM and try again.
    bibbula likes this.
    07-10-18 02:56 PM
    Did you lay it on the ground... point it north, and then dance counter-clockwise five times, then clockwise eight times and them do a back flip three time?

Or you might try pulling you SIM and rebooting check then reinsert your SIM and try again.
    It's happened that way for me. Just trying to help.
    07-10-18 03:00 PM
    It's happened that way for me. Just trying to help.
    No it is something to try... there really is no rhyme or reason why some people with the same PRD get it when others don't.

I'd give it three month, if they don't get an update after that... I'd call BBMo support.
    07-10-18 03:07 PM
    Your OP post stated Oreo received, not prep update.
    Why we are so confused.
    You may not be able to post screenshot, but you can post date and version.

Just to confirm, I received the Oreo prep update. I spoke to
    my IT administrator and he clarified this. Also I cannot post screenshot using my device as I have a custom interface with privacy and privileged information.
    07-10-18 04:05 PM
    my God. my work crappy Samsung a5 just got Oreo today! cmon TCL, BBM et AL I have a keyone that needs some love
    07-10-18 08:19 PM
    Is Telus going to get the update soon? I am switch from Rogers to Telus over the next two weeks. I need to know if I should delay this transaction? I thought Rogers was suppose to roll it out a week ago. anyone have updates news on Rogers and Telus?
    gizmo21 likes this.
    07-10-18 08:55 PM
    Is Telus going to get the update soon? I am switch from Rogers to Telus over the next two weeks. I need to know if I should delay this transaction? I thought Rogers was suppose to roll it out a week ago. anyone have updates news on Rogers and Telus?
    I expect most everyone will get it about the same time. Roger's is just the only one that posted any info on it.... and that ended up being wrong.

If you phone is a Roger's phone... it will get the update from Roger's no matter where you go. If unlocked, carrier won't matter.
    Felipe Arriaza likes this.
    07-11-18 07:10 AM
    How can i know if my keyone is the unlocked version? I have the PRD-63117-029
    I expect most everyone will get it about the same time. Roger's is just the only one that posted any info on it.... and that ended up being wrong.

If you phone is a Roger's phone... it will get the update from Roger's no matter where you go. If unlocked, carrier won't matter.
    07-11-18 09:15 AM
    I got mine from Amazon.ca so...will I get an update from Rogers or Telus? If not how do I go about getting the update?
    07-11-18 12:44 PM
245 ... 78910