when BlackBerry will update Android Oreo because all brands have already made this update on their new models ( Samsung, One Plus,Nokia)
    01-20-18 04:58 AM
    I love my K1 black edition, but I learnt one thing, blackberry updates coming too late, so I don't worry about them anymore
    DWonder likes this.
    01-20-18 06:25 AM
    Note 8 hasn't updated yet you are probably looking at spring before we see Oreo.
    01-20-18 06:39 AM
    Note 8 hasn't updated yet you are probably looking at spring before we see Oreo.
    Spring you may see it on a new BlackBerry device. I would bet it will still be a couple of month after a new device launch before its pushed to the KEYone.
    01-20-18 06:52 AM
    when BlackBerry will update Android Oreo because all brands have already made this update on their new models ( Samsung, One Plus,Nokia)
    When they're satisfied that it's been secured to the level of Nougat.
    Flatman and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    01-20-18 08:40 AM
    Wasn't that the excuse they made for the Priv?
    01-20-18 10:34 AM
    Well the priv did launch on lollipop and received the marshmallow update which significantly improved the device. I'm satisfied with nougat; it works as expected on my KEYone without any hiccups.
    jackfrost1209 likes this.
    01-20-18 11:39 AM
    Different circumstance. The Priv was their own device and they got out of hardware so who knows what the agreement were with licencees but clearly the Priv was a victim of circumstance and BlackBerry needing to start fresh.
    01-20-18 01:59 PM
    I thought late last year that we'd be getting Oreo sometime in January. Aside from that, we're still waiting for their latest security update hmmm
    01-20-18 02:18 PM
    To be honest I am happy with my KeyOne as it is now (got the January update). Being on the latest is of course always nice, but I do not fell like I am missing anything.
    BBnewbie57 and jackfrost1209 like this.
    01-20-18 02:30 PM
    To be honest I am happy with my KeyOne as it is now (got the January update). Being on the latest is of course always nice, but I do not fell like I am missing anything.
    Anyone who buys a BlackBerry expecting a fast rollout of the next Android version hasn't done their research. It will come when they're ready with it 6+ months after release on Google's phones.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-20-18 02:35 PM
    I'm in no hurry.. I don't care for Oero too much. Thinking of taking my 5X back to Nougat.
    01-20-18 10:17 PM
    I'm in no hurry.. I don't care for Oero too much. Thinking of taking my 5X back to Nougat.
    As long as the security updates keep rolling, I'm not concerned about oreo. Nougat is working plenty fine for me.
    dollface and jackfrost1209 like this.
    01-21-18 01:27 AM
    I guess their security update is changing a few icons and sayin: we have improved your security!!! Hahaha
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    01-21-18 05:36 AM
    Man this thread is depressing. It's as if you've all thrown your arms in the air and come to accept mediocrity.
    01-21-18 08:51 AM
    Anyone who buys a BlackBerry expecting a fast rollout of the next Android version hasn't done their research. It will come when they're ready with it 6+ months after release on Google's phones.

Yes...do your research. Just don't forget to remind yourself that BBBMo devices "aren't by BlackBerry" and then you can overlook the fact that 2/3 BlackBerry Android devices never received an OS update AT ALL.
    01-21-18 09:03 AM
    Is there any independent data demonstrating incremental security superiority of BlackBerry android devices over any other makers?
    Mecca EL and cribble2k like this.
    01-21-18 09:13 AM
    Yes...do your research. Just don't forget to remind yourself that BBBMo devices "aren't by BlackBerry" and then you can overlook the fact that 2/3 BlackBerry Android devices never received an OS update AT ALL.
    Meh. I buy things for what they do out of the box. I wouldn't buy any phone because it would or wouldn't get the next version of an OS. So far BlackBerry Mobile has done what they said they would, so I expect to get Oreo, but since I don't have any license agreement that guarantees Oreo, I would have no reason to get upset if it doesn't come.

If you have an expectation that matters to you in an agreement, get it in writing. That's business 101. But, since no mobile companies guarantee updates in writing, the best you can go by is company history.

Since BlackBerry Mobile is new, the best thing to look at is a combination of what they've done with Alcatel Android phones and what they say they're doing with BlackBerry Android. If updates are the most important factor in choosing a phone, one can't do better than going with a Google phone.

jackfrost1209 and joseanmx like this.
    01-21-18 09:21 AM
    Meh. I buy things for what they do out of the box. I wouldn't buy any phone because it would or wouldn't get the next version of an OS. So far BlackBerry Mobile has done what they said they would, so I expect to get Oreo, but since I don't have any license agreement that guarantees Oreo, I would have no reason to get upset if it doesn't come.

If you have an expectation that matters to you in an agreement, get it in writing. That's business 101. But, since no mobile companies guarantee updates in writing, the best you can go by is company history.

Since BlackBerry Mobile is new, the best thing to look at is a combination of what they've done with Alcatel Android phones and what they say they're doing with BlackBerry Android. If updates are the most important factor in choosing a phone, one can't do better than going with a Google phone.

Great attitude! As long as we have zero expectations everything will turn out peachy. LMAO.
    Pistooli likes this.
    01-21-18 09:28 AM
    Great attitude! As long as we have zero expectations everything will turn out peachy. LMAO.
    I have very high expectations about the usability of my phone. But I don't care about having the newest OS. I am still buying Windows 7 PCs for my company without expectations that they will receive a free upgrade to Windows 10.

All the apps I care about will run the same on N, O, or P.

01-21-18 09:30 AM
    I have very high expectations about the usability of my phone. But I don't care about having the newest OS. I am still buying Windows 7 PCs for my company without expectations that they will receive a free upgrade to Windows 10.

All the apps I care about will run the same on N, I, or P.

Obviously you either missed the irony in my initial statement, or chose to ignore it.

Anyone who "does their research" isn't going to trust a BlackBerry phone when it comes to updates and support. So maybe it's better to save the business 101 lecture for a thread that is actually talking about hypothetical promises and not an Oreo OS update that HAS been committed to...in writing.

The only purpose historical precendent will serve regarding the BlackBerry brand, in the context of this discussion, is to undermine TCL's credibility. Which is why there are those in these forums constantly going out of their way to remind us that TCL and BlackBerry are not the same company...even though the logo and the box says BlackBerry!
    01-21-18 09:57 AM
    I just got my keyone yesterday I did have a Huawei p9. if people are complaining about blackberry being slow they need to try and use Huawei. I was still on mm with a February 2017 security patch. I am happy with my keyone so far it's great. I am glad to be back with blackberry and having a physical kb again.
    C_McD and jackfrost1209 like this.
    01-21-18 11:08 AM
    I have a P9 lite for a work phone, and haven't had an update for over a year, so yes BlackBerry (TCL) maybe a bit behind some other companies, but at least most will get an update. I got an update on my K1 last week and I am fine with delays. I love my BlackBerry and look forward to many years more of Blackberry.
    jackfrost1209 likes this.
    01-21-18 12:00 PM
    So maybe it's better to save the business 101 lecture for a thread that is actually talking about hypothetical promises and not an Oreo OS update that HAS been committed to...in writing.
    Even a written commitment isn't a sure thing. Ask any Playbook owner about their BB10 update. Lol.

K1 and Motion will very likely receive Oreo in the spring. Beyond that, temper your expectations...
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    01-21-18 09:30 PM
    To OPs .... Soon very soon.
    01-21-18 09:59 PM
118 123 ...