It appears BlackBerry abandoned the beta participants and are not providing the last update they mentioned to return our phones to carrier updates.
    Does anyone have any info?
    Thanks
    11-13-18 05:40 AM
    This is a good point as I'm stuck on the final beta and would like to know the answer to this also
    11-13-18 08:01 AM
    It appears BlackBerry abandoned the beta participants and are not providing the last update they mentioned to return our phones to carrier updates.
    Does anyone have any info?
    Thanks
    This is a good point as I'm stuck on the final beta and would like to know the answer to this also
    The final note in the beta program said we would get an update October or November.
    11-13-18 08:04 AM
    Hmmm, the November update is out there and we're still left on a weird update. Be nice for BlackBerry Mo to let us know when something is going to happen.

Or will it be like a security update, and appear in January!!!
    11-13-18 10:54 AM
    I logged into the portal to retrieve the info on timing for the final update but that site is no longer available, so all we have is hope we'll be returned to a state where we get our updates from our carriers.
    11-13-18 12:06 PM
    I ended up using the Mobile upgrade program to wipe the device and reinstall the OS. It updated from the beta September to the production release for October. It also fixed my broken hub widget, and it finally made my OS certified again. However, Google Pay still does not work.
    11-13-18 10:00 PM
    I've had a go at putting in a support ticket for this. Looks like it could be hard work! Customer support say, not us guv, talk to whoever did the Beta stuff.

Seeing as the beta site for Oreo is shut, who are we supposed to talk to? (I have raised a ticket with apps beta folk instead, but not holding my breath).
    11-14-18 07:03 AM
    I've had a go at putting in a support ticket for this. Looks like it could be hard work! Customer support say, not us guv, talk to whoever did the Beta stuff.

Seeing as the beta site for Oreo is shut, who are we supposed to talk to? (I have raised a ticket with apps beta folk instead, but not holding my breath).
    Support ticket for what?

They said Oct or Nov.
    11-14-18 08:00 AM
    The November updates are out in the UK. So, I'd expect to be able to update to that.

Otherwise all beta people will stay marooned a weird update. I'm just looking for an information update now we're nearly halfway through November.

It's not too much to ask.
    11-14-18 08:52 AM
    The November updates are out in the UK. So, I'd expect to be able to update to that.
    Why?

Your update will be different anyway. They have to make a number of unique updates from the beta version to each and every production version that exists for all devices.

This is no small task.

If you're in a rush for some reason, use the Mobile Upgrade Tool to go back to your normal production version, and wait for your regular update.
    11-14-18 11:58 AM
    Why will they not give any info to us. I have contacted blackberry and all tickets get closed in a couple days.
    11-14-18 12:03 PM
    Why will they not give any info to us. I have contacted blackberry and all tickets get closed in a couple days.
    They did. Oct or Nov. Full stop.
    11-14-18 12:06 PM
    The exact wording..

Software Updates

With the October or November releases for KEYone, you will receive an update back to the public, production stream of updates. This update will be delivered by our partner through the Updates app (not the beta process), so watch for it there.
    11-14-18 12:11 PM
    Why?

Because it's good customer service to keep customers informed. Especially when they've been unpaid testers of your product.
    11-14-18 12:19 PM
    Why?

Because it's good customer service to keep customers informed. Especially when they've been unpaid testers of your product.
    Do you need a time of day?
    11-14-18 01:32 PM
    You know Conite, I really respect your technical and other knowledge.

However I find your behaviour on this trolling at best.

I suggest we agree to differ on this, Bla1ze has shown I am being reasonable in what I ask.

You clearly disagree. End of.
    11-14-18 01:53 PM
    Really. A heavy reliance on snark is dispositive of nothing so much as the snarker's lack of compelling ideas.
    11-15-18 07:29 AM
    My carrier is not a partner (O2-UK).
    There no mention for the international unlocked BBB100-2 or any other such variant being returned to official stock.
    11-18-18 08:39 AM
    The level of entitlement here explains why BB left the consumer business. It also explains why even when BBMo/TCL releases a statement regarding anything, some think it’s still not enough.

At some point, does the light go on, that no OEM, none, want customer, ever....
    11-18-18 08:55 AM
    Entitlement eh? People used their own devices they paid for to help out BBMo test their new OS. The beta didn't cost BBMo anything for said volunteers, then selfishly these beta testers expect their devices to be returned to a state where updates become available again since the beta has ended. Ya I can't believe how entitled people are on here, sheesh.
    And since all betas come to an end, the "return to normal" update should be created even before the beta starts, let alone end - so ya expecting the device returned to normal state is insane.
    rolfep likes this.
    11-18-18 09:46 AM
    Entitlement eh? People used their own devices they paid for to help out BBMo test their new OS. The beta didn't cost BBMo anything for said volunteers, then selfishly these beta testers expect their devices to be returned to a state where updates become available again since the beta has ended. Ya I can't believe how entitled people are on here, sheesh.
    And since all betas come to an end, the "return to normal" update should be created even before the beta starts, let alone end - so ya expecting the device returned to normal state is insane.
    There are many updates that must be created - not just one. A separate OTA must be developed to go between the beta and each and every current production OS build.

As an FYI, it was BlackBerry's beta program, not BBMo's. TCL (BBMo) is just an innocent bystander.

We haven't paid BlackBerry a thing, and they owe us nothing. We took the risk to enter into a program with a company with which we have no other relationship. They said we should have something by the end of Nov. So let's see what happens.

Another FYI, you can use the Mobile Upgrade Tool to instantly go back to your correct production build.
    Last edited by conite; 11-18-18 at 12:25 PM.
    11-18-18 12:10 PM
    Reading Blaze's quote that is not what they said. As the October and November updates are rolled out, an additional update for beta testers will be released as well. That certainly doesn't say that the October or November updates will be released in those specific months, and history fully supports this.

A question asking for a proper timetable is an apt question in this situation.

If you are going to slam people with questions by throwing reading comprehension in their face at least be accurate on your end.
    11-18-18 05:05 PM
    Beta testing was exciting once upon a time but after the Oreo experience I am somewhat disappointed. Grateful though for the experience so not all bad. Unlocked KEYone on O2 in the UK, date for official update anyone?
    11-20-18 03:04 PM
    I remember getting that message and just thought all I had to do was wait. And nothing has happened at all would have thought there be one small update to leave Beta but not nothing. I won't ever go on beta again after this will just be patient and wait in future c,t use Google Pay at all really frustrated
    rolfep likes this.
    11-25-18 01:18 PM
    Its here in uk
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Oreo post-beta-676246104.jpg  
    11-26-18 02:23 AM
63 123