https://sourceforge.net/projects/alc...ar.xz/download

Apparently TCL has a Sourceforge site where they put the stuff they're required to release under the terms of open source licenses, like kernel sources and modifications to programs. The above is a tar.xz containing, among other things, the KEYone kernel as of 8 May 2018. It's of no relevance to 99.9% of people, but it's good that TCL got around to doing it.

And if I'm not mistaken, TCL might have turned off the grsecurity stuff that was in the Priv/DTEKs, so who knows what other surprises are in there.

(h/t @jcrutchvt2010)
    jcrutchvt2010 likes this.
    05-30-18 10:34 AM
    I'm wondering how long before it's just stock Android.... The need for BlackBerry building something more secure, is not the same as it was when Kit-Kat (when they decided to move to Android) was the pinnacle of Android Security.
    05-30-18 11:22 AM
    I'm wondering how long before it's just stock Android.... The need for BlackBerry building something more secure, is not the same as it was when Kit-Kat (when they decided to move to Android) was the pinnacle of Android Security.
    Efficacy of grsec on Android aside, I wonder if TCL has applied any special security voodoo to the Android source tree, or if they've just left it as it was when BlackBerry dumped the OS on them.
    05-30-18 07:25 PM
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/alc...ar.xz/download

Apparently TCL has a Sourceforge site where they put the stuff they're required to release under the terms of open source licenses, like kernel sources and modifications to programs. The above is a tar.xz containing, among other things, the KEYone kernel as of 8 May 2018. It's of no relevance to 99.9% of people, but it's good that TCL got around to doing it.

And if I'm not mistaken, TCL might have turned off the grsecurity stuff that was in the Priv/DTEKs, so who knows what other surprises are in there.

(h/t @jcrutchvt2010)
    Exactly which alien language are you speaking in??? I am clearly part of the 99.9% that you speak of!
    05-30-18 08:55 PM