I just switched from my Passport to a Keyone. My Passport worked great with my car, 2017 Camry, everything worked seemlessly. I expected the same from the Keyone but am sadly disappointed as the new phone will not play my music or download my SMS to the car. What am I doing wrong or do I have to return this phone and go back to my Passport? Does anyone have any similar experiences or know what I'm missing?
    05-25-18 05:44 PM
    it can be android not necessarily keyone
    try going to settings on the car to bt and enable media bt
    go to bt settings on the phone click on car bt name then settings ,make sure all settings are toggle on
    i never owned a toyota but a lot of cars are more compatible with apple and amazingly bb10 devices didn't have any issues
    Gazelle065 likes this.
    05-26-18 10:33 AM
    I have the same issue with a Toyota Camry 2018. The Entune system is new to Canada this year. Having nothing but problems with it. Both BlackBerry and Toyota have been involved. So far neither one has come up with a solution. Very frustrating. My last email from Blackberry was that they were elevating my problem to tier 3. Toyota had a technician do a data pull from the car ( I sent one to BlackBerry from the phone) and they claim nothing is wrong with the console. I'll post when I hear back from Blackberry.
    Gazelle065 likes this.
    05-27-18 04:27 AM
    My transition from a q10 to k1 was seamless in my GM car so it makes sense to me that the problem is with Toyota. Although there is some learning curve to the K1 due to the Android operating system, I don't recall struggling much with my car's Bluetooth connection. Usually use an aux cable for music and Bluetooth for phone/texts
    05-27-18 05:27 AM
    My transition from a q10 to k1 was seamless in my GM car so it makes sense to me that the problem is with Toyota. Although there is some learning curve to the K1 due to the Android operating system, I don't recall struggling much with my car's Bluetooth connection. Usually use an aux cable for music and Bluetooth for phone/texts
    Don't want to hijack this thread but I have one issue with my K1 on my GM vehicle. Specifically it's a 2016 Suburban. My recent calls will not show up on my vehicle screen. My phone book is there but that's it.
    05-28-18 10:35 AM
    for all of you i would try deleting the phones from the car and the car from the phone and try again
    if no luck i don't think there is much to try but really drive the car ,enjoy the ride and forget about the phone
    05-28-18 10:52 AM
    i know there is an app for android only bluedunn or something like that ,it will give internet to the car
    3g only ,it requires to delete bt connection and start through the app
    i didn't have the patience to go to far on testing it but if you want to try it maybe will bring something to the table
    05-28-18 10:59 AM
    No issues with transition from Passport to KEYone with my Ford. Maybe return the car. 😉
    FF22 likes this.
    05-28-18 10:39 PM
    Are you guys using android auto? Give it a try and make sure to make your car an accepted car.

05-29-18 12:35 AM
    for all of you i would try deleting the phones from the car and the car from the phone and try again
    if no luck i don't think there is much to try but really drive the car ,enjoy the ride and forget about the phone
    Tried this did not help
    06-11-18 02:13 AM
    An aside: just curious - how can you use aux for music and Bluetooth for phone/texts separately? I have a BlueAnt Bluetooth receiver for hands-free calling but all the sound (incl music) is re-routed to that device even if I have the aux cable plugged in. Thanks in advance.
    06-11-18 09:40 PM
    Not familiar with that brand but think it must be a setting somewhere. For me plugging in the aux cable automajically routes music through my GM car console. Calls and texts are sent/received via Bluetooth pairing through the same console.
    06-12-18 04:32 AM
    I have a Rav4 2013 a little older than your car never had a problem with transition to K1 from Z10 everything works fine. I have read on the Toyota forum that Toyoda entune which has been around for a few years now, can cause a lot of grief to owners trying to hook up their phones. It's almost recommend to link
    up your cell phone to make sure it's compatible with the vehicle you are looking to purchase.
    06-12-18 03:45 PM