I just purchased a BlackBerry KEYone to replace the Q10 I have been using for several years. I have some newbie questions regarding the KEYone compatibility with the Blend and Link software I use with the Q10. Is it true that there is no technical support for these devices? Here's what I am finding:

The "orientation" website address in the paperwork with the KEYone results in a 404 error. The Blackberry website has only a provision for submitting an inquiry, with the possibility of response in 72hrs. The 800 number I have does not have technical support available, other than referring me back to the website.

If what I am encountering is representative of the support available for the KEYone, I will give up on this product. I am very disappointed.
    06-18-18 10:08 AM
    I just purchased a BlackBerry KEYone to replace the Q10 I have been using for several years. I have some newbie questions regarding the KEYone compatibility with the Blend and Link software I use with the Q10. Is it true that there is no technical support for these devices?
    Blend and Link are dead. They have no use on KEYone.

The "orientation" website address in the paperwork with the KEYone results in a 404 error. The Blackberry website has only a provision for submitting an inquiry, with the possibility of response in 72hrs. The 800 number I have does not have technical support available, other than referring me back to the website.
    Make sure you're contacting the right support.

https://blackberrymobile.com/hotline...ervice-center/
    https://blackberrymobile.com/contact-us/
    FF22 likes this.
    06-18-18 01:17 PM
    I just purchased a BlackBerry KEYone to replace the Q10 I have been using for several years. I have some newbie questions regarding the KEYone compatibility with the Blend and Link software I use with the Q10. Is it true that there is no technical support for these devices? Here's what I am finding:

If what I am encountering is representative of the support available for the KEYone, I will give up on this product. I am very disappointed.
    While as Bla!ze notes, Blend does not work with the KeyOne, I still use it with my Z30 linked to my Desktop and laptop computers. It is still very handy to have the info on a full scale screen and keyboard while the KeyOne serves as my cell phone. The Blend/Z30 combo still creates updates on the Keyone and my contacts, calendar and email are still synced.
    06-18-18 06:58 PM
    F22 & Bla1ze: Thank you for your responses.

I spent the better part of four hours today attempting to contact Verizon to get a SIM card for the KEYOne. After spending a total of more than one hour on hold during five different calls (speakerphones have their uses), I finally drove to the Verizon store. I was told the wait was 45 minutes, and they don't make appointments and they certainly were not interested in assisting me since I am an existing customer, not buying into whatever their current expensive promotion is.

The KEYone looked like it would be a nice upgrade from my Q10, and it would be really nice to have a phone with a recognized OS that could support my sprinkler controller and cameras. No support from Blackberry (still no response to the web inquiry) and Verizon being only willing to provide any assistance at their convenience means I don't upgrade. Maybe when I have hours and hours and hours to kill I'll reconsider.
    06-18-18 10:43 PM
    I'm running into a similar problem. Last week I received a push on my phone (AT&T) that there is a software upgrade - I'm currently at AA0750. I was not near WiFi so said remind me later. 2 days later when I tried up Update the options are grayed out. I've ready other's have the same problem.

After an hour with ATT support they said I would get the software pushed to me in 48 hours. 5 days later, nothing. I tried again and they sent me to Blackberry support who told me I have to go to Blackberry Mobile. The hotline number on blackberry mobile is the same as the support which won't help me. I tried to email my questions and keep being told there is an error and I should try back later.

I'm feeling extremely frustrated.
    06-19-18 02:56 PM
    I'm running into a similar problem. Last week I received a push on my phone (AT&T) that there is a software upgrade - I'm currently at AA0750. I was not near WiFi so said remind me later. 2 days later when I tried up Update the options are grayed out. I've ready other's have the same problem.

After an hour with ATT support they said I would get the software pushed to me in 48 hours. 5 days later, nothing. I tried again and they sent me to Blackberry support who told me I have to go to Blackberry Mobile. The hotline number on blackberry mobile is the same as the support which won't help me. I tried to email my questions and keep being told there is an error and I should try back later.

I'm feeling extremely frustrated.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12942492

You tried the appropriate number on this thread? It worked for me when I needed it last July.

As for the update, have you tried rebooting the device? Or a factory reset? Either of these typically resolve most software-related issues.
    06-19-18 04:33 PM
    Thank you, this phone number is different then the one I kept finding.

I will try the factory reset, I hesitated because I thought I would lose things.
    06-19-18 05:18 PM
    Thank you, this phone number is different then the one I kept finding.

I will try the factory reset, I hesitated because I thought I would lose things.
    CAUTION: A factory reset will erase data and settings.
    06-19-18 07:17 PM
    I wish I had seen your comment sooner. It gave me the option to restore to previous settings. I lost all my contacts and my calendar.
    06-19-18 11:10 PM
    F22 & Bla1ze: Thank you for your responses.

I spent the better part of four hours today attempting to contact Verizon to get a SIM card for the KEYOne. After spending a total of more than one hour on hold during five different calls (speakerphones have their uses), I finally drove to the Verizon store. I was told the wait was 45 minutes, and they don't make appointments and they certainly were not interested in assisting me since I am an existing customer, not buying into whatever their current expensive promotion is.

The KEYone looked like it would be a nice upgrade from my Q10, and it would be really nice to have a phone with a recognized OS that could support my sprinkler controller and cameras. No support from Blackberry (still no response to the web inquiry) and Verizon being only willing to provide any assistance at their convenience means I don't upgrade. Maybe when I have hours and hours and hours to kill I'll reconsider.
    Consider T-Mobile...the store I go to couldn’t be more accommodating and helpful. And the plans and rates are great!
    06-20-18 08:00 AM
    Consider T-Mobile...the store I go to couldn’t be more accommodating and helpful. And the plans and rates are great!
    Unfortunately, the T-Mobile store here is very UNhelpful and not very intelligent regarding their own services. A friend of mine goes to the next town over whenever they need assistance.
    06-20-18 11:55 AM
    I just received support from BlackBerry Mobile and everything worked out perfectly.

I bought the KEYone and the screen came off. My carrier retailer exchanged it for me. Then the second screen came off of that replacement too.

All I had to do was provide credit card information in their support website, provide a receipt, they sent me the replacement today, now I'm sending back the broken phone tomorrow.

The support I received was top notch. I used this Motion in the meantime.

No, they won't budge on replacing the original device for an equally spec'd, but different coloured variant. I asked for a bronze or black 32GB to no avail.
    06-20-18 04:08 PM
    There are, however, a lot of the different coloured frames and spare parts available. I think I might try and build a totally unique KEYone by buying some of those parts.

A guy could actually get a frame custom coloured too. Just do it myself, but make it olive drab.
    06-20-18 04:12 PM