Shown on CES 2016. Never heard of again.
    Lenovo Link hands-on and first look - Android Authority

This was a USB stick that you connect to your Android phone and gets you a screen mirror to your desktop. Would solve the missing BlackBerry Blend problem.

Where is it now?
    Where is the KEYone. LOL
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    04-10-17 12:38 PM
    Shown on CES 2016. Never heard of again.
    Lenovo Link hands-on and first look - Android Authority

This was a USB stick that you connect to your Android phone and gets you a screen mirror to your desktop. Would solve the missing BlackBerry Blend problem.

Where is it now?
    Where is the KEYone. LOL
    Lot's of electronics stuff gets "announced", but then never make it to market.

KEYone is coming and will make it to market... Launch was just a little too soon.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-10-17 01:00 PM
    Lot's of electronics stuff gets "announced", but then never make it to market.

KEYone is coming and will make it to market... Launch was just a little too soon.
    Actually they had working pre-production models of the Link and said "available in March"... back in 2016.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-10-17 06:23 PM
    Actually they had working pre-production models of the Link and said "available in March"... back in 2016.
    I'm not sure when it was originally available but it seems to be now. Ships in 1 to 3 business days. If I had an Android device, I'd probably order one.

KEYone is the next Lenovo Link-img_20170410_204336.png

Thanks for the tip!
    skinnymike1 and Carjackd like this.
    04-10-17 06:44 PM
    I'm not sure when it was originally available but it seems to be now. Ships in 1 to 3 business days. If I had an Android device, I'd probably order one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170410_204336.png 
Views:	776 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	421070

Thanks for the tip!
    WTF. I never got an email from them. They must have contracted the blackberrymobile folks.
    I just checked Amazon. Said first available Dec 2016 instead of the announced March 2016....

It's been so long I thought they gave up on it.

Thanks for finding it. Ordering from Amazon now for $23.
    04-10-17 06:52 PM
    WTF. I never got an email from them. They must have contracted the blackberrymobile folks.
    I just checked Amazon. Said first available Dec 2016 instead of the announced March 2016....

It wasn't that much work... :P

Keep us posted on how it goes. It actually looks pretty promising and seems like a bargain if it works as imagined!
    04-10-17 07:12 PM
    Looks like a nice item, if it really works!
    04-10-17 07:46 PM
    Again, other companies (hardware companies) stepping in to offer something to users which BlackBerry (a software company) abandons. Incompetence as usual since they refuse to do anything for users and kill off Blend instead.

But then again, what do I know? I don't like being productive at all since I'd rather pick up my phone every time I have to respond to an email, text msg or BBM.
    Flatman and FF22 like this.
    04-10-17 10:10 PM
    Again, other companies (hardware companies) stepping in to offer something to users which BlackBerry (a software company) abandons. Incompetence as usual since they refuse to do anything for users and kill off Blend instead.

But then again, what do I know? I don't like being productive at all since I'd rather pick up my phone every time I have to respond to an email, text msg or BBM.
    I'll agree with you there. They could have an advantage there offering something no other oem has yet.

Yes I know of Airdroid and some others, but there is not one full featured substantial app. Coming from BlackBerry gives a better sense of security too.
    04-10-17 11:06 PM
    I'll agree with you there. They could have an advantage there offering something no other oem has yet.

Yes I know of Airdroid and some others, but there is not one full featured substantial app. Coming from BlackBerry gives a better sense of security too.
    None offers BBM integration either. Plus, who knows what kind of bloat or malware Lenovo is loading up with this thing since you have to install Lenovo software in order for it to work.
    04-10-17 11:39 PM
    Neat. Might have to check it out.
    04-11-17 05:57 AM

This is rich. lol
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-11-17 06:31 AM

It's not quite Blend in concept. It's really just like remote access to your phone. It's still probably very useful but Blend was actually pulling all communications from your device into its own software. Something that BlackBerry could still develop into the Android suite of apps they've begun to offer. With their very official description as a "software company" now, it just makes sense.*

*This, of course, does not mean that it will happen. If anything, it may actually worsen the odds. But we can still hope.
    04-11-17 08:45 AM
    It's not quite Blend in concept. It's really just like remote access to your phone. It's still probably very useful but Blend was actually pulling all communications from your device into its own software. Something that BlackBerry could still develop into the Android suite of apps they've begun to offer. With their very official description as a "software company" now, it just makes sense.*

*This, of course, does not mean that it will happen. If anything, it may actually worsen the odds. But we can still hope.
    Oh, I know it's not the same thing as Blend. But the thing is other companies are trying to build functionality for their users. Companies that do nothing but hardware and totally suck at software (cough cough Lenovo). Meanwhile we have this "software" only company that kills off functionality that users want! Or they totally ignore their original user base and put out crap for Android instead.

How about dark theme for the HUB on BB10? Would that kill them so much as to throw a bone for the million or whatever BB10 users still left? If you're working on something like Blend for Android, give your users a bit of hope and say maybe you're working on it. Don't just EOL something and go silent, yet then release something less useful like BlackBerry Notable!
    04-11-17 05:13 PM
    Blend on the KeyOne would be a game changer. The one feature that would make me buy a KeyOne with no questions asked.
    04-11-17 05:32 PM
    Blend on the KeyOne would be a game changer. The one feature that would make me buy a KeyOne with no questions asked.

Blend on Android would be a total game changer. Not only would BlackBerry devices benefit, but the entire Android platform would. Do you know what that would do to the battery life of the other devices? No more need to have the screen on constantly.

But I don't have any faith in BlackBerry to recognize that nor their ability to grasp what a market changing piece of software that would be.
    04-11-17 06:24 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170410_204336.png 
Views:	776 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	421070

Thanks for the tip!
    Ouch!
    04-11-17 08:36 PM
    Does the phone have to be wired/usb-ed to the phone? It is not a wireless solution like Blend?
    04-11-17 11:05 PM
    Does the phone have to be wired/usb-ed to the phone? It is not a wireless solution like Blend?
    Briefly watching the video, it has to be wired via the dongle.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-11-17 11:09 PM
    Briefly watching the video, it has to be wired via the dongle.
    Well, it might be handy in some cases but it would be a far cry from Blend. My Z30 sits on its Qi wireless easel in my upstairs den and feeds blend to my laptop downstairs. No phone in sight and no wires.
    04-11-17 11:12 PM
    Well, it might be handy in some cases but it would be a far cry from Blend. My Z30 sits on its Qi wireless easel in my upstairs den and feeds blend to my laptop downstairs. No phone in sight and no wires.
    Mine is coming this Thursday. I'll keep you guys posted. Strange there are no professional post release reviews of this thing. Only pre production previews from January 2016.

Even Amazon only has one review from a customer.

Guess it was delayed so much it was forgotten.
    04-11-17 11:41 PM
    Mine is coming this Thursday. I'll keep you guys posted. Strange there are no professional post release reviews of this thing. Only pre production previews from January 2016.

Even Amazon only has one review from a customer.

Guess it was delayed so much it was forgotten.
    Looking forward to your review. The Amazon review was not very good so I hope you will do better.
    04-12-17 12:24 AM
    Has anyone ever used AirDroid?
    I think it's quite the same as Blend for Android.
    It doesn't control third party apps, but does work with files, text messaging and even WhatsApp.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sand.airdroid

"You can make calls, and send and read text messages. You can view the photos and videos stored on your phone, and listen to music. It’s also possible to*control the camera remotely."
    04-12-17 06:53 AM
    Has anyone ever used AirDroid?
    I think it's quite the same as Blend for Android.
    It doesn't control third party apps, but does work with files, text messaging and even WhatsApp.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sand.airdroid

"You can make calls, and send and read text messages. You can view the photos and videos stored on your phone, and listen to music. It’s also possible to*control the camera remotely."
    I use AirDroid daily with my Priv. Mainly as a desktop SMS client.

It is very glitchy. The app on the phone needs to be at the foreground or the desktop client can't connect. Even on local wi-fi the connection can drop out after a few minutes.

For whatever reason, it will not support MMS. So I need to use the phone to look at pics send this way. Even Blend supported MMS pictures!

You can also connect "friend" devices and share files between the phones and desktop which is kind of neat

There's also an AirMirror feature which is a screen mirror but it works best with a rooted phone. It tries other methods on non-root phones but I could not get my Priv to work with this feature unfortunately.

AirDroid's been around for a while, I'm disappointed in it's lack of features and glitches even after many updates.
    04-12-17 07:42 AM
    I swear I saw a kickstarter campaign for something similar, but without the stick. In fact I remember posting somewhere, that this could make me want to move to Android.
    04-12-17 07:57 AM
28 12