I'm on my third K1 and still having the same issue (3rd because of build quality issues). I want to know if anyone else has these problems or is it an Android issue.

Often when I'm in an app, such as an RSS feed or with a browser, I will hit the triangle back button or circle home button, only to have the phone behave as if the buttons aren't there. I end up pecking at the button like a chicken, or try long pressing it to get some reaction from it. Sometimes with a long hold, it will selected the text in behind the button. Often the ONLY option is to use the square button and close the app I'm in, and then re-opening it.

It doesn't seem to be app specific. And I've been very careful to make sure my fingers are positioned correctly.

I ask because, I want to upgrade, possibly to a K2. But I won't if this is a problem with BB and the newer TCL phones. Or is this an Android problem.

Thanks
    05-28-18 03:12 PM
    I'm on my third K1 and still having the same issue (3rd because of build quality issues). I want to know if anyone else has these problems or is it an Android issue.

Often when I'm in an app, such as an RSS feed or with a browser, I will hit the triangle back button or circle home button, only to have the phone behave as if the buttons aren't there. I end up pecking at the button like a chicken, or try long pressing it to get some reaction from it. Sometimes with a long hold, it will selected the text in behind the button. Often the ONLY option is to use the square button and close the app I'm in, and then re-opening it.

It doesn't seem to be app specific. And I've been very careful to make sure my fingers are positioned correctly.

I ask because, I want to upgrade, possibly to a K2. But I won't if this is a problem with BB and the newer TCL phones. Or is this an Android problem.

Thanks
    What OS patch are you on? I believe at some point some had issues which were resolved with a software update. I've personally never had the problem myself.
    Jonathan R likes this.
    05-28-18 03:15 PM
    I've never experienced anything like this, not on K1, DTEK50 or Nexuses. Seems to be configuration specific, I can only advise you to do hard reset of your K1
    05-28-18 03:21 PM
    Rogers phone (Canada), the OS is 7.1.1 but the security patch is March 5th, if that's what you mean. This has been an issue for a year every since I got the phone. I wondered if it was a "lack of ram" issue ( as opposed to a rack of lamb lol, sorry...couldn't resist). I thought clearing the cache would help, but it didn't. i even deleted the apps and reinstalled, but no change.
    05-28-18 03:22 PM
    I've never experienced anything like this, not on K1, DTEK50 or Nexuses. Seems to be configuration specific, I can only advise you to do hard reset of your K1
    Thanks. A hard reset seems extreme. As well, this is my 3rd K1. First one had a bunch of dead keys. Second one had the screen lift. So, for the second and third phones, this has been an issue, which makes me think it's not a physical issue. At times it seems as if the phone doesn't recognize the navigation bar, except the square.
    05-28-18 03:28 PM
    Rogers phone (Canada), the OS is 7.1.1 but the security patch is March 5th, if that's what you mean. This has been an issue for a year every since I got the phone. I wondered if it was a "lack of ram" issue ( as opposed to a rack of lamb lol, sorry...couldn't resist). I thought clearing the cache would help, but it didn't. i even deleted the apps and reinstalled, but no change.
    Check for updates today. Looks like the May patch is being pushed out by Canadian carriers. See if that helps any.
    05-28-18 05:27 PM
    I don't know if this will help you, but I thought the touch navigation buttons were somewhat unresponsive until I discovered that where the side of my palm or the tips of my fingers were curling around the edge of the screen they were registering as capacitive touches and interfering with the function of the navigation buttons.

When I make sure I'm not doing this, the navigation keys work fine.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-28-18 05:55 PM
    I don't know if this will help you, but I thought the touch navigation buttons were somewhat unresponsive until I discovered that where the side of my palm or the tips of my fingers were curling around the edge of the screen they were registering as capacitive touches and interfering with the function of the navigation buttons.

When I make sure I'm not doing this, the navigation keys work fine.
    Ya I tried it as well but it didn't change. I'm aware of the issue because I found the same thing. First noticed it when the screen began to shake. Thanks
    05-28-18 07:03 PM
    Check for updates today. Looks like the May patch is being pushed out by Canadian carriers. See if that helps any.
    You are good. Read your message and the update was there. Will let you know the results.
    05-28-18 07:04 PM
    Updated phone and it's still a problem. I'm not surprised because my previous K1 did the same. To give an idea...i was just going here. Tested the back button and it loaded an "I" which was the letter suggested above the triangle. I've been in BBM and tried repeatedly to hit the triangle, only to get a series of word suggestions loaded above the triangle. Sometimes when hit the square, the camera App opens. It's incredibly frustrating. And again, this was the same for my previous K1.
    05-28-18 08:53 PM

Thanks
    Same thing happens to me with the square bottom on the right. When it completely stops works, I clock the screen n unluck the phone n it works again.

Like it forgets to work n a simple lock n open up reminds it
    05-28-18 10:44 PM
    Updated phone and it's still a problem. I'm not surprised because my previous K1 did the same. To give an idea...i was just going here. Tested the back button and it loaded an "I" which was the letter suggested above the triangle. I've been in BBM and tried repeatedly to hit the triangle, only to get a series of word suggestions loaded above the triangle. Sometimes when hit the square, the camera App opens. It's incredibly frustrating. And again, this was the same for my previous K1.
    That's so odd. Do you have odd apps or button remappers downloaded? I would try to wipe the device.
    05-28-18 11:13 PM
    Do you have screen protector applied? If yes, try to remove it and test for few days. Some screen protectors makes the screen unresponsive
    Jonathan R likes this.
    05-29-18 12:05 AM
    Same thing happens to me with the square bottom on the right. When it completely stops works, I clock the screen n unluck the phone n it works again.

Pretty sure it is hardware related. Might even mean your screen is due to pop out for all I know. My old keyone did this all the time and it was super annoying. My new one doesn't ever have this problem.
    05-29-18 08:26 AM

Same here. Frustrating, but at least someone here on the forums figured out that workaround.
    05-29-18 08:21 PM
    Same here. Frustrating, but at least someone here on the forums figured out that workaround.
    Ya, such a small dumb thing but it helps. I wanted to start a thread n complain but it's like a bug or something with an easy fix, so I never bothered
    05-30-18 10:23 PM
    Do you have a case on the phone? I ran into a problem where the case was pushing a button in, making some things not working right. Removed the case and the problem went away.
    05-31-18 02:09 PM
    Do you have a case on the phone? I ran into a problem where the case was pushing a button in, making some things not working right. Removed the case and the problem went away.
    I have a case on mine, but originally did not. It happened with it on or off, but nice suggestion. Thanks!

It just happened again, and I have a brief thought - it *seems* to happen most regularly (maybe only) when I'm ready to leave the official Twitter app. I can't seem to recall it happening with any other app. I may be wrong, and it may be only my phone, but that's how it appears to manifest on my device at least. Maybe I'm just on Twitter too much...
    06-01-18 10:11 PM
    My navigation bar was wonky after I got a tempered glass protector applied. However, switching off the 'Vibrate on Tap' in Settings>Sounds>Other Sounds seemed to make the bar usable again. You should try it
    FF22 likes this.
    06-02-18 11:11 PM
    try running the mmi test.

NOTE: BE EXCEEDINGLY CAREFUL. there is "bricking" potential. if you don't want to try this, it's OK.

phone app: dial *#2886#

hit MANU

then hit keyboard (halfway down the screen, above capacitive keyboard)

then run through the keyboard check, which includes all hardware buttons as well.

to exit, choose exit at the bottom of the list.
    06-04-18 08:39 PM