I never had a phone that was able to record good audio at a concert. Some phones say specifically that the mics can handle it. Will the keyone be able to record good audio at a concert?
    05-22-17 10:31 AM
    No mobile phone will record good audio at a concert - none.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-22-17 10:35 AM
    external microphones don't work on the k1? I purchased two different and they both do not work. Why?
    Last edited by VictorRight; 07-10-17 at 02:34 AM.
    07-02-17 04:24 AM
    external microphones don't work on the keynote? I purchased two different and they both do not work. Why?
    Which kind of microphones did you buy?
    07-02-17 03:46 PM
    I never had a phone that was able to record good audio at a concert. Some phones say specifically that the mics can handle it. Will the keyone be able to record good audio at a concert?
    The microphone will just pick up the music but all the chatter going on all around you. Maybe if you got a cord long enough to place on stage in front of the monitors... LOL
    07-02-17 03:48 PM
    Which kind of microphones did you buy?
    I purchased two external microphones, Insignia Directional Mic and VideoMic Me by Rode and both do not work on the K1. Any reasons?

Both Mics work on a Asus tablet and samsung s7 everytime. I turned off Bluetooth on the k1 and they worked briefly as a pop-up showed that a "headset device is plugged in" and "tap to play music." I thought great! Nope! When I unplug the Mic and plug it back in, no connection again, and when I plug the headset it works fine. When I plug the Mic after, nothing.

If external devices do not work on the K1 auxiliary port then what's the point? I think I should replace the K1 with an s8, Just ****!
    Last edited by VictorRight; 07-10-17 at 02:34 AM.
    07-02-17 03:51 PM
    I purchased two external microphones, Insignia Directional Mic and VideoMic Me by Rode and both do not work on the Keyone. Any reasons?

Both Mics work on a Asus tablet and samsung s7 everytime. I turned off Bluetooth on the k1 and they worked briefly as a pop-up showed that a "headset device is plugged in" and "tap to play music." I thought great! Nope! When I unplug the Mic and plug it back in, no connection again, and when I plug the headset it works fine. When I plug the Mic after, nothing.

If external devices do not work on the K1 auxiliary port then what's the point? I think I should replace the K1 with an s8, Just ****!
    I personally have no experience with external mics so my advice to you is limited. After a brief search on the Internet I found that there are different types of plugs/adaptors that are in use. Perhaps this may be your problem. I hope that someone with experience will jump in to help!
    07-02-17 04:24 PM
    I personally have no experience with external mics so my advice to you is limited. After a brief search on the Internet I found that there are different types of plugs/adaptors that are in use. Perhaps this may be your problem. I hope that someone with experience will jump in to help!
    I activated the system UI tuner in settings and the headset symbol is now showing at the top when I plug a headset in. The external microphones still do not work
    Last edited by VictorRight; 07-03-17 at 05:25 PM.
    07-02-17 04:45 PM
    I activated the system UI tuner in settings and the headset symbol is now showing at the top when I plug a headset in. The external microphones still do not work
    Attached Thumbnails KeyOne Mic Question-1953.jpg  
    07-07-17 06:21 PM
    Here they are
    Attached Thumbnails KeyOne Mic Question-1948.jpg  
    07-07-17 06:22 PM
    Another
    Attached Thumbnails KeyOne Mic Question-1948.jpg  
    07-07-17 06:23 PM
    This is the other mic
    Attached Thumbnails KeyOne Mic Question-1949.jpg  
    07-07-17 06:23 PM
    While using the gooogle photo app, I noticed in editing videos, there's no way to increase volume like in the Passport video editing section. Is there a way to increase volume while editing video in the K1?
    Last edited by VictorRight; 07-10-17 at 02:35 AM.
    07-09-17 02:08 PM
    Snapshot of the Passport volume editing...

Does the K1 have this? What a shame if not.
    Attached Thumbnails KeyOne Mic Question-10357.jpg  
    Last edited by VictorRight; 07-10-17 at 02:35 AM.
    07-09-17 02:22 PM
    I record concert video every week - while no phone is great at it, the Keyone is the absolute WORST. The sound is horrible especially recording loud sound, or a lot of high pitch or bass.

I too have tried external mics and they do not work - this is hard to believe and has to be a simple software fix.

I have not tried an external Bluetooth mic but I suspect the camera is only setup to use internal mic and can't be overridden. Shame

I also wish we could control the audio being recorded (levels and tones).

Anyone have an app that might take over the Keyone camera and actually record decently or override the internal only mic situation. I am also at the stage of getting a separate phone because of this issue.
    07-09-17 05:47 PM
    I record concert video every week - while no phone is great at it, the Keyone is the absolute WORST. The sound is horrible especially recording loud sound, or a lot of high pitch or bass.

I too have tried external mics and they do not work - this is hard to believe and has to be a simple software fix.

I have not tried an external Bluetooth mic but I suspect the camera is only setup to use internal mic and can't be overridden. Shame

I also wish we could control the audio being recorded (levels and tones).

Anyone have an app that might take over the Keyone camera and actually record decently or override the internal only mic situation. I am also at the stage of getting a separate phone because of this issue.
    I'm trying Action Director paid app. There is a volume control on this one. This feature should be included in the K1 camera app. Since jumping into Android I may pickup an S8 as an extra phone. I wonder if the microphone is better.
    Last edited by VictorRight; 07-10-17 at 02:36 AM.
    07-09-17 06:11 PM
    Which external mics did you try out?
    07-09-17 06:18 PM
    I tested the VideoMic Me by Rode and it shows that it is connected to the UI. It works with audio recording apps quite well; however, It does not work with the camera/videp app that comes stock on the K1. I think you are correct that this is a software issue. I bet this will never be fixed. I'm going to try a Bluetooth mic when I get a chance. Bummer!
    Last edited by VictorRight; 07-10-17 at 02:33 AM.
    07-09-17 06:51 PM
    I have also tried the Rode mic with no success. I wonder if I connected the mic via the USB-C rather than the headphone jack, if it would work - I will give that a try - let me know how bluetooth trial goes
    07-10-17 09:51 AM
    I have also tried the Rode mic with no success. I wonder if I connected the mic via the USB-C rather than the headphone jack, if it would work - I will give that a try - let me know how bluetooth trial goes
    I spoke to a Rode rep and he suggested FiLMic Pro app that will work with their product for video recording but our device is not compatible. FiLMic I Plus shows it is.

I will give it a shot.
    07-10-17 12:40 PM
    Happy to report the FiLMic Plus app works with the Rode mic while shooting video. Problem solved! Yeah!!! Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by VictorRight; 07-10-17 at 02:37 PM.
    07-10-17 01:08 PM
    Bad news. The audio significantly is reduced after 1 second of shooting video when the sound is at a low level. It just fades out for some reason. I asked the FiLMic Plus app maker for a solution.

Fail!
    Last edited by VictorRight; 07-10-17 at 11:57 PM.
    07-10-17 11:28 PM
    VictorRight - did you ever test out a BT mic ? I would like to get this issue resolved - it has to be a software issue that I'm guessing they are not even aware of
    07-13-17 10:33 AM
    Nope.
    07-16-17 12:29 PM
    Prowlers - Let me know if you want the email address to obtain their new beta. Honestly this is the closest app that worked briefly with the Rode product.
    07-16-17 12:34 PM
28 12