Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    how's the K1 while watching videos\movies\youtube? awkward to hold in landscape? does the keyboard get in the way. can CK do a a demo? i watch a lot of media on my phones, not sure if K1 is the right phone for me.

thx
    03-30-17 02:21 PM
    Guess you'll have to wait (like everyone else) and see when the phone comes out. Till then it's anyone's guess.

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    03-30-17 02:45 PM
    how's the K1 while watching videos\movies\youtube? awkward to hold in landscape? does the keyboard get in the way. can CK do a a demo? i watch a lot of media on my phones, not sure if K1 is the right phone for me.

thx
    Don't forget that you can watch in landscape mode too. Yes the screen is a 4:3 and there will be some letterboxing. But it won't be to the extent of the Passport and Classic!
    03-30-17 02:56 PM
    Unless it's as big as a ipad mini, I still prefer to watch content on a larger screen.

When I do use my classic to watch media, I personally haven't had a problem with this.

Keyone should suit me fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-17 05:27 PM
    how's the K1 while watching videos\movies\youtube?
    Nobody knows unless they tested it for themselves, but you don't need to be a rocket scientist to imagine how it will be.
    awkward to hold in landscape?
    When holding the device to watch videos/movies/youtube and compared to full screen slabs, yes. Not only is the Keyone's screen smaller than Privs, it's a 3:2 screen, the permanent keyboard will be annoying, (& we don't know if the keyboard light will turn off, since the Android triangle, circle, and square is on permanently)! Which will be annoying as hell when watching vids!
    does the keyboard get in the way.
    Same as previous answer.
    i watch a lot of media on my phones, not sure if K1 is the right phone for me.
    Do yourself a favor, don't buy the KeyOne if you will predominantly purchase a phone for media consumption. Additionally, keep in mind that if you buy blind and regret your purchase, that resell value will be crap (like with all Blackberry's). Since I spend 80% of my time on my phone writing/replying to lengthy E-mails and writing pages and pages of word files, and only 20% media consumption. I think, I'll be fine. But still, yesterday in bed, holding the Priv in my left hand and scrolling the pages of Google News with my right finger only and using the virtual keyboard to search for stuff using only that finger (while having a large full screen), hmmm, the thought crossed my mind that I will miss the Priv once I sell it. But then again, like I said, 80% of the time I'm writing stuff. If the percentage media consumption<-->writing texts would be 50%/50% I'll still get the KeyOne.
    Over 50% it would be a full screen slab.
    Last edited by WT44; 03-30-17 at 06:06 PM.
    03-30-17 05:51 PM
    Can someone post a video of how youtube looks on the keyone.
    05-10-17 12:51 AM
    I was the same as you, I was on the fence about getting the keyone in regards to media consumption. I have came from an iPhone 6S plus. What I have noticed is that yes the screen is a lot smaller but really who cares? If we carry on like this then sooner or later we will be walking around with tablets instead of pocket sized mobile phones.
    Think of it this way I can still do everything my iPhone can do. But my iPhone can't do everything my Keyone can do such as type on a physical keyboard (feels great by the way).
    If you want a phone that looks and feels different and can do the same as every other phone out there then it's a no brainer, if you want a phone that looks like every other phone then by all means get a Samsung or iPhone.
    05-10-17 01:04 AM
    I've been saying the samething to everyone. Yet they say still think of it as a physical keyboard being outdated. I think they're more afraid of not fitting in with the rest of the crowd. They seem perfectly fine with physical keyboard using a laptop and pc. They can make a case with older blackberry's and their small screen, even though I had no issues with. I reserve my favourite screen time on the much larger tv screen, pc. When I'm out and about, a lot of browsing sites, social media and youtube gets me by fine. I find iphone and samsung lacking in other areas, where the key one would trump it overall.
    DanielRWebb likes this.
    05-10-17 02:42 AM
    Exactly. I have a TV at home that I can view large screens with. I have a pc and a ps4 if I wish to do some gaming, don't get me wrong I do do some gaming on my mobile but it's only the odd one here and there to pass the time if I'm sitting around, I don't really like to play games on my phone. And again watching YouTube and going on Facebook, Twitter and instergram are fine on the keyone and it performs just as well than another phone
    05-10-17 03:55 AM
    Damm we are alike. Share the same views and a gamer on the ps4. Good to hear a gamer who has a blackberry. People don't know what they're missing out on.
    DanielRWebb likes this.
    05-10-17 04:36 AM