I keep getting a low memory alert with my new keyone. I have a 4/64 Limited Edition. It seems like when I start using heavier apps like maps that I quickly run out of memory.

Any suggestions on ways to alleviate the strain on the KEYone?
    03-18-19 07:07 PM
    Disable DTEK real-time scanning, along with Hub+ services and it's related apps. If you can live without hub, this has had a massive impact on my keyone's performance along with lowering memory usage by almost a gig! cheers.
    jope28 likes this.
    03-18-19 08:39 PM
    I keep getting a low memory alert with my new keyone. I have a 4/64 Limited Edition. It seems like when I start using heavier apps like maps that I quickly run out of memory.

I have the Black Edition Keyone also. I utilize the full HUB Suite syncing 4 high use email accounts, Messenger, LinkedIn, Whatsapp and FB Messenger. I also use Google Maps and One Drive often and in conjunction. I have never received a low memory notification. I would suggest checking other applications. Do you game often on your device?
    03-18-19 11:07 PM
    In my experience, the power manager app has memory notifications set to when the phone has used 50% of the phone's memory by default.

I just raised the setting to about 80 percent and rarely have a problem with memory. You can set it up to 100 if you want. I personally like for the setting to be at 80% because that indicates to me that I have too many apps open; which I don't normally do.

I also love the hub for email and notification management so disabling that is not an option for me lol.
    03-19-19 09:08 AM
    I have the Black Edition Keyone also. I utilize the full HUB Suite syncing 4 high use email accounts, Messenger, LinkedIn, Whatsapp and FB Messenger. I also use Google Maps and One Drive often and in conjunction. I have never received a low memory notification. I would suggest checking other applications. Do you game often on your device?
    Not a phone gamer. And generally when this has happened it seems like most of the memory is being used by the system.
    03-19-19 11:32 AM
    In my experience, the power manager app has memory notifications set to when the phone has used 50% of the phone's memory by default.

I just raised the setting to about 80 percent and rarely have a problem with memory. You can set it up to 100 if you want. I personally like for the setting to be at 80% because that indicates to me that I have too many apps open; which I don't normally do.

I also love the hub for email and notification management so disabling that is not an option for me lol.
    I love the hub too much to get rid of it.

Thanks for the tips about setting the memory management.
    03-19-19 11:32 AM
    I would also suggest a hard reboot by holding down your power button for 32 seconds and see if that resets things. Especially since you noted memory is being used by the system. Something is hung up.
    03-19-19 12:44 PM

I just checked in my Power Center app and believe it is when any specific app is using 50% of memory.
    03-19-19 12:45 PM
    Try the hard reboot and CLEAR YOUR CACHE.

It's REALLY important to clear the cache periodically. On my PRIV it was mandatory.
    03-19-19 02:44 PM
    I did received the alert a couple times since the last update. I had the phone for almost 1 year now and never received any notifications before.
    03-19-19 03:03 PM

As noted by @tfitzpat03, BlackBerry Power Center is set too aggressive, there's really no reason to leave it at 50%. Just disable the Power Center notifications or set the limit higher. The warnings are pretty much BS when you consider you have another 50% of RAM remaining.
    T_Studios likes this.
    03-19-19 09:56 PM
    I'm over 70. my phone has better memory than I do...
    T_Studios likes this.
    03-20-19 11:51 AM