Does anyone have good call volume on GSM? Speakerphone??

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 02:22 PM
    Call volume and mic when speaking to someone both suck. I'm getting fed up with people complaing they can't hear me when I'm speaking. As well with the last update it won't let my silent circle app stay connected in the background. I wiped the phone yesterday and I'm still having these issues. If they continue I'm back to my Priv...
    07-20-17 06:27 PM
    I went on BB's site and found an answer if call quality is poor, they really suck,see below
    "The sound quality of the calls is poor
    •You can adjust the volume during a call by pressing the Volume Up/Down key.
    •Check the network strength .
    •Make sure that the receiver, connector or speaker on your phone is clean."
    Hilarious...
    07-21-17 03:53 AM
    Any system that requires the volume "setting" to always be at 10 or full strength for general usage is simply poor engineering in any case. I think the last three phones i have used; Classic, Pixel, and now K1, all seem to require the highest setting to simply function.

The exception i have noticed is that on HD calls the volume is full and fine, i can even put the setting down a click or two. At this point it seems still to only be carrier to carrier calls here in the US, anyone on another network is not coming through HD and requires full volume level for a basic call.

Are any other markets doing HD calls across carries at this point? EU folks or Asia? I can't wait for this to be implemented here in the states, i think at that point i could dump my desk phone and simply go wireless...which is probably why they are holding back on providing the highest quality service possible.
    07-21-17 07:07 AM
    Are there any alternate dialers that can be installed that include a volume control that might overcome this issue? I don't have the device so I have no way of trying
    07-21-17 08:05 AM
    Agreed , call volume on HD is very loud. I am using the new Sprint K1 for a day and noticed:
    1.HD to HD enabled in Sprint network.loud! Good!
    2. Called other phones in Tmob and At&t and volume was okay.
    3. Callers heard me better on this phone than the K1 CDMA I first received - returning it.

How do I enable HD calling on all calls? First time on HD calling.
    07-21-17 08:23 AM
    I think it's a hardware problem,so no alternate dialers could fix the problem.But it's my opinion!
    07-21-17 08:23 AM
    Same here. The volume is quite low even at the maximum setting. I was just on a call and kept trying to turn up the volume until I realized it was already at the maximum. Not good. I expected more from a $549 phone.
    09-02-17 08:28 PM
    hey all - I have had my keyone for about 12 months now and it was perfect - in fact, one of the best phones I've ever owned. About a month ago, i noticed that the call volume on the speaker earpiece was really low - even at top level. I thought perhaps I had dirt in the speaker, so very carefully cleaned it, but it made no difference. Volume is so low, I can't hear the caller at all and have to use speaker phone. Not sure what to try now ???
    02-08-18 12:48 AM
    hey all - I have had my keyone for about 12 months now and it was perfect - in fact, one of the best phones I've ever owned. About a month ago, i noticed that the call volume on the speaker earpiece was really low - even at top level. I thought perhaps I had dirt in the speaker, so very carefully cleaned it, but it made no difference. Volume is so low, I can't hear the caller at all and have to use speaker phone. Not sure what to try now ???
    How did you have it for 12 months if it was released in late May last year?
    02-08-18 04:17 PM
    listen louder
    02-08-18 04:27 PM
    The call volume is for sure lower than that on the PRIV which I too had before the k1.

But I don't find the lower volume an issue.
    02-08-18 04:49 PM
    Has anyone here tried the Motion to see if there's any difference in call volume?
    02-08-18 11:13 PM
38 12