Anyone else experiencing this? Since the Feb update, which I've had for just over a week, I'm having a daily occurence where my KEYone will lock up in my pocket. The screen will turn on, but no amount of swiping, turning the screen back off, fingerprint on the spacebar, will unlock it. Ends up requiring a reboot to unfreeze.

The weird thing is I haven't installed any new apps since getting the update. So obviously something's not playing nice. I'm leaning towards doing a factory reset tomorrow when I have some time. Just such a pain to set everything back up.
    03-10-18 08:25 PM
    Anyone else experiencing this? Since the Feb update, which I've had for just over a week, I'm having a daily occurence where my KEYone will lock up in my pocket. The screen will turn on, but no amount of swiping, turning the screen back off, fingerprint on the spacebar, will unlock it. Ends up requiring a reboot to unfreeze.

The weird thing is I haven't installed any new apps since getting the update. So obviously something's not playing nice. I'm leaning towards doing a factory reset tomorrow when I have some time. Just such a pain to set everything back up.
    Have you tried the 32+ second reboot? Safe Mode?
    03-10-18 09:05 PM
    Yes it happened this evening for the first time every.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-18 09:37 PM
    Have you tried the 32+ second reboot? Safe Mode?
    I've seen the 32 second reboot mentioned but strangely, I'm not familiar with it
    03-10-18 09:52 PM
    What the heck is the 32 second reboot?
    03-10-18 10:31 PM
    I've seen the 32 second reboot mentioned but strangely, I'm not familiar with it
    Take a look here: https://www.blackberrymobile.com/med...martphones.pdf

or here: http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

The methods are the same for all BlackBerry Android devices (to-date)
    FF22, OriginalLucy and john_v like this.
    03-10-18 11:02 PM
    yes. happened twice so far. phone on lock screen with no response to touch screen or kb. have to reboot phone
    john_v likes this.
    03-11-18 07:40 AM

Thanks John - gave that a shot, we'll see if it happens again.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    03-11-18 08:01 AM
    yes. happened twice so far. phone on lock screen with no response to touch screen or kb. have to reboot phone
    Sorry to hear it happened to you too but at least glad to know it's not just my phone
    03-11-18 08:02 AM
    My KEYᵒⁿᵉ has been a bit hinky in that way after the update as well.
    03-11-18 09:14 AM
    Mine too, screen freezing requiring a reboot. Also battery draining faster. I am restarting once or twice a day
    03-11-18 07:21 PM

No dice. Locked up again this afternoon
    03-11-18 07:30 PM
    Thanks John - gave that a shot, we'll see if it happens again.
    No problemo. Hope it helps.
    03-11-18 07:31 PM
    Bit the bullet and did a factory reset...now for setting everything back up. Will be interesting to see if it keeps happening now.
    03-11-18 09:02 PM
    Did the factory reset last night, and installed everything that I needed last night. Let it sit plugged in on wifi overnight so it could do whatever it needed in the background.

Obviously after a factory reset it's going to be very snappy and smooth, so we'll see if it lasts, but so far today it's running very nice, and the battery doesn't seem to be dropping as fast as it was last week.

I only installed the apps that I really need, left all the social media apps off and will slowly add those in as I see if the freezing/locking returns and as well as the battery drain.
    03-12-18 08:53 AM
    I haven't had any lock ups on this build
    03-12-18 11:17 AM
    Much smoother and lag free today, battery was fantastic. No pocket freezes either.

I realize that a factory reset isn't for everyone but it seems to have done the job here.
    FF22 and jbodry like this.
    03-12-18 06:10 PM
    Much smoother and lag free today, battery was fantastic. No pocket freezes either.

I realize that a factory reset isn't for everyone but it seems to have done the job here.
    So glad you posted about these issues. I was thinking maybe I had a lemon. I turned mine off for several minutes and now seems ok. May have to to reset if this fails.

I have noticed that the lower the amount of battery life left, the more glitchy it gets. Hummm....
    john_v likes this.
    03-15-18 10:04 AM
    It is certainly a better option to do the factory reset than having to get another phone. I have had no similar issues so far on my silver unlocked GSM KEYᵒⁿᵉ. I had one instance where the productivity tab wasn't responding after fiddling with it right after the latest update but a simple restart fixed it.
    john_v likes this.
    03-15-18 01:24 PM
    I have a recently reset and new black keyone, but it's intermittently experiencing this hang up issue too. For me it only happens when the screen is locked and I try to unlock. Usually the fingerprint sensor doesn't respond, and if I double tap the screen sometimes nothing happens either.

Had the exact same issue with my previous silver KEYone, and never once encountered such problems prior to AAV119.

The occurrence of this hang is rare, but indeed happens and only since 119 for me.
    03-24-18 11:23 AM
    hi.... any solutions yet to the 119 problem.... having similar problems with most... phone hangs and requiring to restart... then keyboards dont work requiring restart...
    04-23-18 09:58 AM
    hi.... any solutions yet to the 119 problem.... having similar problems with most... phone hangs and requiring to restart... then keyboards dont work requiring restart...
    Clear Cached Data and reboot.

If that doesn't work, do a factory reset.
    04-23-18 10:01 AM
    I ended up doing a factory reset and that cleared things up. Have since received another update and so far all is well.
    04-23-18 10:02 AM
    whats the update version?
    04-23-18 10:10 AM
    whats the update version?
    04-23-18 10:21 AM
26 12