Hello everyone,

after owning a BB Classic for two years now and being very happy with it (except the App situation), I'm planing to make the switch to the KeyOne.

I currently have a Black Edition on backorder, but I'd really love to use the Dual Sim feature and am thus debating whether I should import the Indian version instead.

What worries me is that custom's here in Germany could destroy the phone on import if they find it does not conform with European Union Regulatory Requirements.

Could someone with the Indian BBB100-7 Limited Black Edition quickly check for me if you can find the "CE" logo inside Settings > About phone > Regulatory approvals? It should look similar to this:
    KEYone Limited Black Edition Owners: Regulatory question-200px-conformit-_europ-enne_-logo-.svg.png

Thank you! Looking forward to join you guys as a KeyOne owner
    09-11-17 04:23 AM
    Can you tell me how the screen should look like? I use the India KeyOne here in Germany.. When I Follow your instructions I only see sar paramaters.. Nothing more
    09-11-17 07:54 AM
    Ok thank you for the information.
    09-11-17 08:46 AM
    Here is the screen shot inside Settings > About Phone > Regulatory Information.
    Hope it helps.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Limited Black Edition Owners: Regulatory question-screenshot_20170911-194008.jpg  
    09-11-17 09:11 AM
    Thank you! Unfortunately that's not the information I hoped to see there, but oh well.

I did some additional research and saw the appropriate-looking logo on the box and the protective sheet in an Indian unboxing:

KEYone Limited Black Edition Owners: Regulatory question-bbko_ce_1.png
    KEYone Limited Black Edition Owners: Regulatory question-bbko_ce_2.png

I think there also needs to be a small "CE" label engraving on the case, too, but I don't know 100% if this is still required. I couldn't see such an engraving even on pictures of the German KeyOne variant.

I'd much prefer the dual-sim over the German QWERTZ keyboard layout, so I decided to take the 600€*gamble and order from India. I'll let you know how it goes.
    09-11-17 09:29 AM
    Hello everyone,

after owning a BB Classic for two years now and being very happy with it (except the App situation), I'm planing to make the switch to the KeyOne.

I currently have a Black Edition on backorder, but I'd really love to use the Dual Sim feature and am thus debating whether I should import the Indian version instead.

What worries me is that custom's here in Germany could destroy the phone on import if they find it does not conform with European Union Regulatory Requirements.

Could someone with the Indian BBB100-7 Limited Black Edition quickly check for me if you can find the "CE" logo inside Settings > About phone > Regulatory approvals? It should look similar to this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200px-Conformité_Européenne_(logo).svg.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	2.7 KB 
ID:	429667

Thank you! Looking forward to join you guys as a KeyOne owner
    Being curious I just looked at my cdma KeyOne's regulatory approvals - only FCC. Just looked at my cdma/Verizon Priv and it is also only FCC. Perhaps if the FCC approves the unit, it is also acceptable by Europe? The Priv was used in Barcelona, Amsterdam and Portugal. Hopefully, the KeyOne will be used over there, too.
    09-11-17 09:29 AM
    The BBB100-2 states EU regulations in the documents found here:
    https://www.blackberrymobile.com/safety/keyone/
    FF22 likes this.
    09-11-17 09:31 AM
    My BBB100-7 has arrived on Friday. No problems with customs whatsoever and it only took DHL Express 2 days from India to here. The longest wait was at 1GrandTrunk where it was sitting for a week draining the battery.

Very happy with the KEYone so far!
    09-24-17 07:57 AM
    My BBB100-7 has arrived on Friday. No problems with customs whatsoever and it only took DHL Express 2 days from India to here. The longest wait was at 1GrandTrunk where it was sitting for a week draining the battery.

were you able to get IMS connected!?
    09-25-17 12:23 AM
    Sorry, but what do you mean by IMS?
    09-25-17 12:38 AM
    If you're talking about VoLTE and WiFi Calling then no, that's apparently not supported with the KEYone over here yet. But I'm planning to call them and ask.
    09-25-17 12:53 AM

Can you give an extended cost break down of everything you needed to pay after it left Amazon.in's warehouse (e.g. shipping costs, 1gt fees, custom fees etc.)? Did you give 1gt any special instructions re: content description/value? Did you also make use of he incoming package notification and assisted purchase or did you do the whole process yourself without any communication with 1gt staff? If yes, costs?
    09-25-17 05:48 AM
    I simply registered with 1GT and ordered to the personalized address they give to you. I then informed them of the incoming package via the notification- and chat-functions on their site. I did not use assisted shopping.

This is a small company and it's easy to stay in touch with them via the chat or email. I was talking to the same guy all the time, too.

Besides the cost of the phone I paid about 150$ in insured DHL Express shipping and handling at 1GT, and about 44€ in customs. So the overall cost was just a few dozens of Euros more than buying the device here without the dual sim.

My device is still manufactured by TCL, which I am thankful for. I heard they will switch to manufacturing at Optiemus in India soon. I wouldn't want one from the first batch of those, as I've read reports that Optiemus has done pretty ugly repair jobs for devices that needed service in India. Just something to be aware of.
    Last edited by melb00m; 09-25-17 at 08:34 AM.
    WT44 likes this.
    09-25-17 08:14 AM