Yesterday, my phone screen kept going black but was still "on"; system crash, android crash, not sure - I seem to have deleted the screenshots.
    I could not get it to restart, or tell me what was happening. The only thing that changed anything was pressing along the keyboard; it would flash on, then eventually show lock-screen.

Today, I charged it to 100%, and in 2 seconds, it was down to 99%.
    In 15 minutes, it's gone down to 84%.
    I think it goes down 1% every three-minutes.

Is the battery dying?
    Is the phone dying?

How long should the phone/battery last...?
    11-05-20 02:43 AM
    Another problem, is when I go to upload a pic from my phone, they're all blank - I can't see any images.
    At some point I thought I saw "not enough memory to support this function" - but I have an SD card, and it's only like, half full or something. Keyone life-span?-screenshot_20201105-200410.jpgKeyone life-span?-screenshot_20201105-200510.jpeg
    11-05-20 04:05 AM
    The empty images when I want to upload a picKeyone life-span?-screenshot_20201105-233215.jpeg
    11-05-20 07:37 AM
    The empty images when I want to upload a picClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201105-233215.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	449973
    There will be a lot more tech savvy people on here than me who will help, but my honest thoughts after reading the issues you having is maybe its time for a new phone, as there seems to be a hardware problem..
    Mardi_Shakti likes this.
    11-05-20 07:44 AM
    There will be a lot more tech savvy people on here than me who will help, but my honest thoughts after reading the issues you having is maybe its time for a new phone, as there seems to be a hardware problem..
    Oh... hardware. Thanks, Stinky. Any ideas of possible causes of that?

Do you think Refurbished Phones last longer than new ones? I Love this phone; I don't want it to die, and hoped to have it for 5 years at least.

I don't know whether to get a Key1 or Key2 next time... I only like keys!

Not sure if I uploaded this pic yet, but my phone is about 2.4 years old, and I bought it brand new.Keyone life-span?-screenshot_20201105-215838.jpeg
    11-05-20 07:51 AM
    "They" say about two - three years on a smartphone battery.... but usage varies, some will get much longer. There are apps to check the health of your batter, but it wouldn't be unusual for KEYones to start needing battery replacements - or the phone a factory reset.

Phone itself really ought to last over five years or longer.... depending on home many drops it takes or how often it get's used in the rain or a spill happens
    Mardi_Shakti and Flatman like this.
    11-05-20 07:56 AM
    Those photos of the apps, Gmail etc can be downloaded from the playstore, and just over 2 years of owning your phone isn't that bad, there's guys on here, conite being the most helpful, who I'm sure would tell you to download an autoloader?.. And if he's out there hopefully he can help you with that..
    P. S. My name is ged, getting called stinky even though its my forum name, will end up giving me a complex..
    Mardi_Shakti likes this.
    11-05-20 07:57 AM
    Those photos of the apps, Gmail etc can be downloaded from the playstore, and just over 2 years of owning your phone isn't that bad, there's guys on here, conite being the most helpful, who I'm sure would tell you to download an autoloader?.. And if he's out there hopefully he can help you with that..
    P. S. My name is ged, getting called stinky even though its my forum name, will end up giving me a complex..
    I was thinking just that. However, unless you change your forum name (which can be done), you'll always be referred to as "stinky" because, well just because...

Might as well just embrace it :-D
    Mardi_Shakti likes this.
    11-05-20 08:07 AM
    Embrace the stink?...
    Could be next superhero, Stinkyman, perhaps ?
    11-05-20 08:12 AM
    Embrace the stink?...
    Could be next superhero, Stinkyman, perhaps ?
    It's 2020, THE YEAR, so why not?
    11-05-20 08:13 AM
    It's 2020, THE YEAR, so why not?
    I'm on my way home right this second to find my costume...
    11-05-20 08:23 AM
    "They" say about two - three years on a smartphone battery.... but usage varies, some will get much longer. There are apps to check the health of your batter, but it wouldn't be unusual for KEYones to start needing battery replacements - or the phone a factory reset.

Phone itself really ought to last over five years or longer.... depending on home many drops it takes or how often it get's used in the rain or a spill happens
    Well, I was going to back-up all my calendars and notes for the inevitable - but "Content Transfer" app says I need to update it, but I can't even find it in the store.

Just woke up; unplugged my phone that had been on charge all night, and it's at 80% already...

Is there another Content Transfer App that's recommended?

Since I can't even access the battery; how do we replace those?

Does a reset make it feel like a brand new phone again?

Maybe I can just fix this one instead of getting a new one... I actually only ever dropped it once; dented the silver edge just a little. Waiting for a rideshare, they would always ask for a code, so I held my phone instead of keeping it in my bag - but kept it in my bag ever since that incident.

It's never been wet.

It did start to get hot, and the little silver blackberries gradually fell off the back - I have two left.

I think my charger was the first thing to die, and I had to use some other one; I think that can upset the battery?
    11-05-20 03:35 PM
    Well, I was going to back-up all my calendars and notes for the inevitable - but "Content Transfer" app says I need to update it, but I can't even find it in the store.

Just woke up; unplugged my phone that had been on charge all night, and it's at 80% already...

Maybe I can just fix this one instead of getting a new one... I actually only ever dropped it once; dented the silver edge just a little. Waiting for a rideshare, they would always ask for a code, so I held my phone instead of keeping it in my bag - but kept it in my bag ever since that incident.

It's never been wet.

It did start to get hot, and the little silver blackberries gradually fell off the back - I have two left.

I think my charger was the first thing to die, and I had to use some other one; I think that can upset the battery?
    Do a factory reset.
    11-06-20 03:07 AM
    Do a factory reset.
    Oh OK - thanks; what will I lose when I do that?
    11-06-20 03:29 AM
    I got my keyone on release day in the usa 2017. Around 2 1/2 years it was dropping charge very quickly. Replaced the battery my self. It now holds charge as it did when new. I am typing on it now.
    11-06-20 04:10 AM
    Oh OK - thanks; what will I lose when I do that?
    Your phone will be returned to it's original state. Everything in your phone's internal storage like photos and documents will be deleted. If you do not have a backup it would be the time to do so.
    11-06-20 12:15 PM

It's never been wet.

Got hot enough to melt the glue on the pips.... I'm sure it damaged battery. Go ahead and order a new one.

Content Transfer App is no more.... just use standard Android backup options - a search on the web should get you those. Either way you should have all your data backed up or synced. Never know when the worst might happen.

You can search YouTube for teardowns or even battery replacement for the KEYone. It's not beyond a everyday persons capabilities.
    11-06-20 03:25 PM
    Thanks everyone; manually transferring data atm - might take a while. May as well go ahead and order a new battery.
    11-06-20 06:49 PM
    I was recommended the factory reset to try to resolve my fingerprint reader issue. The factory reset didn't end up working and I had to replace the keyboard.

User data, like pics and music are easily backed up. Things that didn't back up easily were:

- txt messages
    - app settings

App settings weren't a big deal, just took time to redo. Txt's were the worse, as I forgot to back them up with an app and lost messages that I wanted to save. I've yet to try these apps nor know how well they work.

Good luck!
    11-09-20 12:50 AM
    I was recommended the factory reset to try to resolve my fingerprint reader issue. The factory reset didn't end up working and I had to replace the keyboard.

User data, like pics and music are easily backed up. Things that didn't back up easily were:

- txt messages
    - app settings

App settings weren't a big deal, just took time to redo. Txt's were the worse, as I forgot to back them up with an app and lost messages that I wanted to save. I've yet to try these apps nor know how well they work.

Good luck!
    One thing to remember..... while Google Photo's will sync an HD copy of your photos, it's not a full quality photo. I used Google Photos, but I also used OneDrive as well.

I had a Samsung phone so I used their desktop software to do weekly backups that took care of SMS and some other items.
    11-09-20 09:06 AM
    Bet when you get your battery out it is puffed up like a balloon. I was shocked when I saw mine.
    11-10-20 02:52 PM
    Bet when you get your battery out it is puffed up like a balloon. I was shocked when I saw mine.
    Are you talking about a Keyone?
    11-12-20 10:43 PM