Hi all, I have been having issues for the last couple of months with my K1 missing spaces unless i almos press / hold spacebar.
    Then yesterday the scrolling through the apps started to lag when flicking up it would 'grab' the app and attempt to place it on my homescreen. At the same time the keyboard went a bit crazy, adding in random capital letters and multiple letters
    Anyway, i booted to safe mode and it was still the same, tried all sorts inc 'developer mode' 0.5
    Good news is all issues fixed with a factory reset.
    It has taken me an age to get it all back up and logged in to accounts etc but everything is fixed including the missing spaces.
    So much faster response feels like a new phone.

Any ideas what might have caused it ?
    08-22-19 02:02 AM
    Hi all, I have been having issues for the last couple of months with my K1 missing spaces unless i almos press / hold spacebar.
    Then yesterday the scrolling through the apps started to lag when flicking up it would 'grab' the app and attempt to place it on my homescreen. At the same time the keyboard went a bit crazy, adding in random capital letters and multiple letters
    Anyway, i booted to safe mode and it was still the same, tried all sorts inc 'developer mode' 0.5
    Good news is all issues fixed with a factory reset.
    It has taken me an age to get it all back up and logged in to accounts etc but everything is fixed including the missing spaces.
    So much faster response feels like a new phone.

Any ideas what might have caused it ?
    "It has taken me an age to get it all back up and logged in to accounts etc" <-- I feel your pain!!!

That's interesting that a factory reset fixed what appeared to be physical issues. My only guess is that there was software or maybe a setting interfering. For example, I use the Accessibility feature that allows you to tap three times on your screen to quickly zoom and magnify the screen and easily set it back to normal with another three taps.

I like this feature on my KeyOne. I did the same thing on another device I had, but that device started to be less responsive with certain apps I would use. Fortunately, I remembered the changes I had made not too long ago. (My KeyOne is my daily driver so I don't use the other device as much).

Thanks for sharing your experience though!
    08-22-19 07:31 AM
    That is extremely interesting - I just set up the 3 tap thing the night before all he'll broke loose
    08-22-19 11:26 AM
    I don't have the 3 tap setup and I have almost constant missing spaces. For me it seems be related to the predictive text trying to figure out what to suggest. Haven't figured out a solution yet.
    08-22-19 12:04 PM
    just as a note. I deleted my cached files for the BlackBerry keyboard and still have the issue.

does anyone know if there is a way to completely turn off the text suggestions? I suspect the keyboard app getting stuck when trying to make word suggestions.

Figured it out and am testing now. I still see the occasional missed space.
    08-23-19 03:35 PM