Wezard wrote "When not in use, it stores on the back side." It is not efficient at all having to affix the keyboard to the front of your phone when you want to use it and then having to take it off and clip it on the back of the phone when not in the use.
    The way I imagine it, I would probably have it fixed to the front most of the time, except when I'd want to do a lot of reading, watch some videos or play a game. Though such a difference in usage between the top and the bottom part of the screen would probably take a toll on its AMOLED.
    04-14-17 10:15 AM
    I dunno. Screen looks bigger than K1 and while it's not a BB keyboard it might just do the job. And for those who might be on the fence as whether or not to just go to all glass it's at least an option. Better specs, bigger screen and it'll probably beat K1 to market. Might just fit the bill. And that's coming from a BB die hard still using a 9810!

Was concerned that the K1 form factor might not be best for moving into the future (something is nagging me about K1 form factor. Still seems to chunky, but I've only seen pictures so I have convinced myself to hold my judgement). I've been testing Priv and S6 Active for our BES upgrade and actually prefer the S6 A over the priv. Was figuring that I'd probably use a K1 going forward but always wondered if I made the switch to glass kb (using the BB Keyboard app) that I would eventually not miss the physical KB. This option would give me the choice. Since my upgrade will not be complete until K1 is released (hoping so at least) than I will have to decide if I want K1 at that time, but this is an interesting development. Sorry guys, We've been waiting months longer than was expected for K1 to actually be available, and you eye starts to wonder. I'm growing weary of always being so far behind just for the sake of loyalty. I still feel that PKB is a reason to wait, but that feeling is fading. Guess I've become bicurious. I had the same feeling when that keyboard was shown for the S5 or S6 whichever it was.

Oh, and for those who might own an S8, you can slap this on for 59 bucks from amazon (avail apr 20) and decide for yourself.

Roveer
    I actually do believe this keyboard is like Samsung giving people who are on the fence Training Wheels, they have not given it much thought in design or function, it's quite literally just there to be a keyboard while you get used to the phone until you are happy to go without​ a PKB completely.

Lol, digging into my S7 Edge settings I found this hilarious Menu

04-14-17 10:43 AM
    Wezard wrote "When not in use, it stores on the back side." It is not efficient at all having to affix the keyboard to the front of your phone when you want to use it and then having to take it off and clip it on the back of the phone when not in the use.
    The best solution for those that want a big screen and a PKB is a slider. Samsung's solution is second best, but it does beat carrying around a completely separate piece.
    For those who don't care all that much about one or the other, there is the K1 for PKB lovers, and a myriad of options for big screen lovers.
    04-14-17 10:49 AM
    Looking forward to the snap on Moto z keyboard if that ever materialises, back lit and on the side at a 45 degree angle.looks fantastic on the photos IV seen.
    04-14-17 11:09 AM
    To be honest, I'm actually considering S8+ with this keyboard cover instead of KEYone. The S7 version looks terrible but S8 one looks much better although I hate cases. And I think KEYone lost quite a few customers just by being late even to standard S8 without keyboard. I like it, DeX is a nice idea... And even it was announced months after KEYone, it will be available almost month earlier (at least on my market...). The only issue I have with S8+ is that international version is not Snapdragon and I already invested into QuickCharge chargers.
    04-14-17 11:12 AM
    I thought nobody wanted physical keyboards? Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 11:30 AM
    Ya and considering you can download the BlackBerry hub on other devices, I think people need to stop being so naive. This is a legitimate threat for the KEYone. Sure it may not be the same, but for some people it may get the job done, they're just buttons. For some people any buttons are better than glass. And the fact that the S8 is better in pretty much every other way than the KEYone, (with the exceptions of battery life and software updates), I can certainly see some folks going for this option especially since the delay of the KEYone. I do like the KEYone, I love BlackBerry, but people need to start having more of an open mind. A close mind is what killed BlackBerry. They thought nothing could compare to their devices and they were superior. Well, out came the iPhone right under their nose and the rest is history.
    This will be far too much logic for some to handle.

Very well said.
    To be honest, I'm actually considering S8+ with this keyboard cover instead of KEYone. The S7 version looks terrible but S8 one looks much better although I hate cases. And I think KEYone lost quite a few customers just by being late even to standard S8 without keyboard. I like it, DeX is a nice idea... And even it was announced months after KEYone, it will be available almost month earlier (at least on my market...). The only issue I have with S8+ is that international version is not Snapdragon and I already invested into QuickCharge chargers.
    Your Quick Chargers will work. Samsung Exynos SoC supports the same sort of chargers the Snapdragon does, it's Ben like this since Quick Charge arrived with the Galaxy S4.

Be glad your market is getting the Exynos, the Exynos SoC is always a whole lot more Efficient and runs the UI much smoother than competing Snapdragon SoC each year.

The very reason that Benchmarks are being taken less seriously in Androids these days is due to Snapdragon always doing well in them but in actual usage being a poor performer against the Samsung Exynos SoC, there are people who import the Exynos variants of Samsungs to the USA for that simple reason.
    04-14-17 11:31 AM
    I thought nobody wanted physical keyboards? Lol
    Relatively few people do. The craftsmanship seemingly underscores this.
    04-14-17 12:05 PM
    The keyboard cover has been available since the S7.
    04-14-17 01:59 PM
    The keyboard cover has been available since the S7.
    It was available for S6 and Note 5 as well, afaik.
    04-14-17 02:09 PM
    I see this as a marketing opportunity for BlackBerryMobile. People will become acquainted with PKBs again and think that if Samsung has them they must be OK. Then, if TCL BlackBerryMobile markets the KEYone aggressively enough for what it will be: the BEST Physical keyboard, this scenario will totally play into BBmobile's hands. LOL (Yes, that was an intended play on words.) The marketing narrative is something like: Why settle for a PKB wannabe that won't even scroll and is not backlit, and that you have to attach and then take off. And you will want to take them off when not typing BECAUSE the keys are anything but smart. They cannot be programmed to do your bidding. The phone and attachable keyboard cost how much?
    Plus, when the keyboard is attached to the Samsung phone, it looks like the phone is wearing baggy trousers.
    Plenty of fodder here.
    Go for it BBmobile!
    04-14-17 04:20 PM
    I see this as a marketing opportunity for BlackBerryMobile. People will become acquainted with PKBs again and think that if Samsung has them they must be OK. Then, if TCL BlackBerryMobile markets the KEYone aggressively enough for what it will be: the BEST Physical keyboard, this scenario will totally play into BBmobile's hands. LOL (Yes, that was an intended play on words.) The marketing narrative is something like: Why settle for a PKB wannabe that won't even scroll and is not backlit, and that you have to attach and then take off. And you will want to take them off when not typing BECAUSE the keys are anything but smart. They cannot be programmed to do your bidding. The phone and attachable keyboard cost how much?
    Plus, when the keyboard is attached to the Samsung phone, it looks like the phone is wearing baggy trousers.
    Plenty of fodder here.
    Go for it BBmobile!
    Positive idea, but it won't work that way.

If Samsung ready believed that the accessory would be well received, it would simply release a pkb device.

Unfortunately, I feel confident in stating that the number of folks who would be swayed by this to get a pkb device will be negligible. Remember, earlier iterations didn't really make a mark.

It won't do much for Samsung or BBRY.
    04-14-17 04:44 PM
    If BlackBerry is known for one thing it's the keyboard! Any other company who trys to copy their greatness will get verbally slaughtered by the millions...... and millions of BlackBerry fans. If ya smellllllllllalalalalaa what BlackBerry is cookin!!!!!!

Posted using a VeryBold BlackBerry Q10
    04-14-17 05:07 PM
    For me if it requires an extra step to get to, it's pointless to have as long as there's an alternative to it. The keyboard for me is much more than just a means to type text. The shortcuts it provides is half the equation. And if you need to slide it out, activate it, attach it, or whatever before it's there, then why even bother? That's just me, some people seem to get confused when I express my opinion so I have to specify that it is just what i prefer for myself, not for anyone else...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    ominaxe likes this.
    04-14-17 05:28 PM
    It is a bit of a mess, but it is unlikely most people waiting for the K1 will get it much before the end of this year, by which time most people will be used to their glass KB or have a crack at the Samsung VKB and realise that glass ain't so bad.
    04-14-17 05:49 PM
    For me if it requires an extra step to get to, it's pointless to have as long as there's an alternative to it. The keyboard for me is much more than just a means to type text. The shortcuts it provides is half the equation. And if you need to slide it out, activate it, attach it, or whatever before it's there, then why even bother? That's just me, some people seem to get confused when I express my opinion so I have to specify that it is just what i prefer for myself, not for anyone else...

I completely agree with you, but when the majority of the population think that keyboards are just for typing, they won't know the benefits of the BlackBerry keyboard and will go straight for the S8 with higher numbers and better specs.
    04-14-17 05:54 PM
    Positive idea, but it won't work that way.

If Samsung ready believed that the accessory would be well received, it would simply release a pkb device.

Unfortunately, I feel confident in stating that the number of folks who would be swayed by this to get a pkb device will be negligible. Remember, earlier iterations didn't really make a mark.

It won't do much for Samsung or BBRY.
    One reason I posted this is that the OP claims the Samsung attachable keyboard is a KEYone killer. It is not-- for the reasons I wrote. Those customers who are interested in it will discover how poor it is and they are the ones who would likely be interested in something better if they know it exists.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 04-15-17 at 12:35 PM.
    04-14-17 06:26 PM
    That keyboard looked horrible..
    04-14-17 06:29 PM
    One reason I posted this is that the OP claims the Samsung attachable keyboard is a KEYone killer. It is not for the reasons I wrote. Those customers who are interested in it will discover how poor it is and they are the ones who would likely be interested in something better if they know it exists.
    I hear ya. I hope OP was joking LOL.
    04-14-17 06:31 PM
    Even with keyone. I don't think it will sell well.
    04-15-17 01:08 AM

You count the sliding as an "extra step"? A step which takes around 0.25 seconds and requires a slight flick of the thumb? To each his own, I guess...
    For me... I still have the shortcuts you mention, I can still write, scroll or whatever with the PKB when I need to, but I get far more information on the screen, less panning-zooming-searching for what I want to see, be it while writing an email, a text message or a forum post; just browsing the internets or reading a book, trying to figure out where I am in the woods with the help of a map or a thousand other things.

If we do the math, even with those 0.25 s more to start typing, with all the other pros of a bigger screen, I can do most everything faster with a slider and I'm sure those differences amount to a few minutes advantage for the slider in a day. Not that I don't respect your opinion, I just strongly disagree.
    04-15-17 01:18 AM
    It is a bit of a mess, but it is unlikely most people waiting for the K1 will get it much before the end of this year, by which time most people will be used to their glass KB or have a crack at the Samsung VKB and realise that glass ain't so bad.
    I remember 1st letting go of the keyboard in favour of a Resistive Touch Display, LOL, when I upgraded to a Nokia 5800 XpressMusic in 2009, and realising it's not so bad and that was a puny 3.2inch Plastic Display that required some force.

Got a Q10 in 2014 used it alongside my Galaxy S4 at the time by then I was so used to a Touch keyboard I found PKB unnecessary, partly because I used a T9 format which allows One-Handed typing.
    04-15-17 02:40 AM
    Out of interest, I wonder how many they will sell compared to the keyone?

Does anyone have any idea how many they sold on the s7?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 03:30 AM
    Out of interest, I wonder how many they will sell compared to the keyone?

Does anyone have any idea how many they sold on the s7?

Posted via CB10
    About 49million

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/...edemption.html
    04-15-17 05:04 AM
    I think he meant how many of these cover keyboards, not how many phones.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    04-15-17 05:15 AM
138 ... 3456