I've had my Black Edition KEYone for about a month now and when I shine a bright light on the keys and keyboard there are very noticeable scuffs on many of the keys as well as the chin.

Has anyone else noticed this? The high gloss finish is quickly wearing down.

For the record, no drops and kept separate from keys/coins/anything else and always in a solo pocket.
    02-02-18 10:34 PM
    No issues with my Space black K1.
    02-02-18 11:20 PM
    Well you're bound to see what appears to be scuffs if you shine a bright light on it.

You can have a showroom fresh car but if u shine a bright light on the paintwork it will appear scratched.

The solution? dont shine bright lights on the keyone.
    02-03-18 01:52 AM
    Under the normal light, I don't see any scratch from screen or glossy PKB, but in the bright light, some scratches will appear cuz I dont use screen protector
    02-03-18 02:10 AM
    Doesn't matter, as long as your keys stay firmly on.

That said, we can hope that TCL never goes for glossy keys again.
    Qorax likes this.
    02-04-18 04:53 AM
    The black paint analogy above is about right. Hope they have old BB type keys and chin on future devices.
    02-04-18 12:20 PM
    today, I found out that few keys at the end such as enter, delete, and p has lifted more than those on left(q, a, alt).

I remember my finger or nail got caught several times while trying to slide from right to left to delete. and I suspect that as a cause. it looks like that it may fall off in few months or a year . I will just get my fingers crossed.

I love my keyones function, but I the durability and quality control on this phone has been a joke from the very first silver one that I got. I never had any KEYᵒⁿᵉ without any hardware issue out of 5 keyones that I went through..
    02-04-18 07:31 PM
    Doesn't matter, as long as your keys stay firmly on.

That said, we can hope that TCL never goes for glossy keys again.
    I agree. Hopefully this phone holds out long enough cosmetically so I can sell it for a reasonable price when the KEYtwo comes out.

I hope they bring back the Bold style keyboards that aren't individually attched.
    02-05-18 01:45 AM
    I agree. Hopefully this phone holds out long enough cosmetically so I can sell it for a reasonable price when the KEYtwo comes out.

I hope they bring back the Bold style keyboards that aren't individually attched.
    I didn't even know the Bolds had a unibody keyboard! It's such a smarter design that I really really can't comprehend how BB themselves (Classic, PP) and now BBMo go back to individual keys. Why...just why...

Isn't it common sense that, with any piece of machinery, less moving parts equals less probability of failure with said parts?
    02-05-18 02:32 AM