Always been an iPhone user until I fell in love with the Classic and BB10. Used it until the app situation became too dire and switch back to an iPhone 6s Plus.

Since a week I now own a Keyone. After a ton customization I can live with android and do enjoy the the device. I'd gladly pay more for a bit more CPU power but it's ok. Not as smooth as my iPhone though.

Now to the actual point. Initially I didn't like the keyboard much but got used to it after a few days. Then I got my classic back out of the shelf and started comparing it and I have to say I like it much better. It's a lot easier to differentiate the keys and the non glossy keys feel nicer as well. Also the space bar is just perfect on my classic and really bad on the Keyone. It's super loud and clicky on the right and mushy on the left side. Probably because of the fingerprint sensor.

What's your opinion?
    phuoc and skinnymike1 like this.
    09-30-17 09:40 AM
    Classic is the best keyboard experience... the taller keys and throw can't get better than that
    09-30-17 09:57 AM
    The Classic keyboard is my favorite keyboard. The KEYone is a close second. It's close enough though that my typing speed is about the same with either keyboards.
    09-30-17 09:58 AM
    same here! Classic is the best PKB that BB ever produced. Keyone is ok though.
    09-30-17 10:11 AM
    KEYone PKB is usable, Classic PKB is unequivocally the sweetest.
    phuoc, Mrs Teapot and skinnymike1 like this.
    09-30-17 10:16 AM
    I have both in front of me now.

I could be convinced that the Classic is slightly better, but it gets substantially eclipsed by the capacitive features of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    09-30-17 10:32 AM
    For me, the ability to swipe scroll with the keyboard instead of touchscreen scroll is worth a lot. In settings for example, I was always accidentally toggling buttons with the touchscreen scroll; using the keyboard swipe scroll is much safer!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-01-17 05:44 AM
    I'd have to agree.
    But the KEYᴼᴺᴱ keyboard is very close to the Classic's
    Once you get used to it, you aren't going to be slow on the KEYᴼᴺᴱ.
    Hopefully they can make the KEYtwo more closer to the classic.

Posted via CB10
    megafan2000 and skinnymike1 like this.
    10-01-17 06:00 AM
    I also agree, the Classic seems to be the best PKB ever produced by BlackBerry. Although I have to say my units were prone to less clicky or mushy keys. However considering I had replaced my Classic three times and still didn't end up with a "perfect" unit, my experience is a bit lackluster.

The K1 on the other side is still very good IMHO. I agree the spacebar is kind of odd to use due to the fact it has a completely different feedback compared to the rest of the keys. Yet having the fingerprint scanner in there is very convenient. I am not sure whether I'd like trading a classical spacebar for a scanner on the back of the phone. To make a long story short, IMHO the K1 is very close second to the Classic. I got used quickly enough to the smaller keys, I like the heavy tactile feedback of the keys. The glossy material is a mixed bag, it looks nice when the screen is off and it lays on the table, because the keyboard blends in better with the screen. However a traditional, matte material would feel better.
    skinnymike1 and megafan2000 like this.
    10-01-17 06:24 AM
    Hands down the classic has the best keyboard!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-01-17 09:36 AM
    KEYone PKB is usable, Classic PKB is unequivocally the sweetest.
    I see what you did there.
    10-01-17 10:05 AM
    I see what you did there.
    A shout out to my man Robert Kraft.
    10-01-17 10:17 AM
    I have both in front of me now.

I could be convinced that the Classic is slightly better, but it gets substantially eclipsed by the capacitive features of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    I donno, sometimes I feel like I'd be happy to give up the capacitive keys if I could have the larger, more sculpted keys of the Classic. Tough call for sure. Maybe just making the KeyOne's keys slightly larger would be enough.
    10-01-17 11:03 AM
    There are a few things of the Passport's capacitive keyboard that I wish were on the KEYone, such as swipe down to get symbols.
    10-01-17 05:03 PM
    im glad I dont have a classic to compare (had a q10 which was ok, not great pbk wise). I love the keyone pbk coming from the priv. I hate the priv now when I try to type on it again. I liked the passport eventually but it was too big and the og square design dug into your hands. I always covetted the passport se. but so far loving the keyone. glossy keys are kinda cheap looking and feel a little odd. but so much better than the priv. also I rarely use the capacitence keyboard features. the scroll seems slow and I cant find where or if u can adjust it. loving the fingerprint sensor too.
    10-01-17 06:16 PM
    My Passport keyboard is far better but the Keyone is my daily driver. If only the Classic and PP...

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 06:26 PM
    My Passport keyboard is far better but the Keyone is my daily driver. If only the Classic and PP...

Posted via CB10
    The problem with the Passport (I have the SE), is the required thumb travel. When you spend hours typing, it starts to hurt. And one-handed use is impossible.
    fop518 and W6EOD like this.
    10-01-17 06:28 PM
    im glad I dont have a classic to compare (had a q10 which was ok, not great pbk wise). I love the keyone pbk coming from the priv. I hate the priv now when I try to type on it again. I liked the passport eventually but it was too big and the og square design dug into your hands. I always covetted the passport se. but so far loving the keyone. glossy keys are kinda cheap looking and feel a little odd. but so much better than the priv. also I rarely use the capacitence keyboard features. the scroll seems slow and I cant find where or if u can adjust it. loving the fingerprint sensor too.
    I use the capacitive touch for swiping up words - particularly when one-handed typing.
    10-01-17 06:29 PM
    that makes sense... I oddly never got into the swiping up to finish words. even with the passport.
    so many little bb things I never use. like the productivity tab. ive never used it once.
    10-01-17 06:45 PM
    The problem with the Passport (I have the SE), is the required thumb travel. When you spend hours typing, it starts to hurt. And one-handed use is impossible.
    I kind of agree. It fatigued my hands for sure and the non se really dug into the crevices between ur thumbs and hand.

I liked the specific feel of the passport keyboard. Mushy in the right ways. The best part for me about the keyone is that in about 2 days im no-look typing at probably 2x the priv speed. Plus no more flipping out the keyboard. I typed 550k words on the priv in 1.25 years. Im at 20k on the keyone in 10 days. Its also just a much snappier phone so far
    10-01-17 06:48 PM
    still miss the dedicated period, comma, and @ on the earlier qwerty boards.
    Mrs Teapot, FF22 and phuoc like this.
    10-02-17 07:55 AM
    Without a doubt Classic was the best pkb ever. And the Q10/9900 would be second. Keyone did alot of things right, but the keyboard was not one of them. I would give up capacitative features in a heartbeat for the classic kb. The glossyness makes scrolling terribly unsmooth. And in the majority of scrolling situations, the capacitative scroll doesnt work.

I love the fingerprint sensor tho. It clicks oddly, but is very convenient.
    10-18-17 12:38 AM
    Classic KB is fantastic. KeyOne's is still quite good, though. A big part of which one is better overall is trackpad/toolbelt vs capacitive KB. I personally prefer the toolbelt but the KeyOne's KB has grown on me a whole lot.
    10-18-17 10:53 AM
    I had the Classic for a while and didn't like the keyboard. Too small. The Passport keyboard is just right for my hands. I tried the KeyOne keyboard in a couple of different stores. One was super stiff while the other very mushy. Kind of strange to have such variance for the same device.
    10-18-17 07:49 PM