Hello my fellow Crackberians!

I just got my KeyOne and am enjoying it. But I'm having one issue I can't resolve.

I can't create the keyboard shortcuts. When I click the (+) I can see the screen start to open the options but then it crashes and lands me back to the menu where I once again have to click the "Keyboard shortcut" link.

Any help would be truly appreciated.
    08-08-17 12:18 PM
    Hello my fellow Crackberians!

I just got my KeyOne and am enjoying it. But I'm having one issue I can't resolve.

I can't create the keyboard shortcuts. When I click the (+) I can see the screen start to open the options but then it crashes and lands me back to the menu where I once again have to click the "Keyboard shortcut" link.

Any help would be truly appreciated.
    I had that problem and it was associated with a 3rd party app. In my case it was a Blank Icon (Widget) app. I could use Shortcuts that were already assigned. But I could not add new ones or edit existing ones. At first I did not know what was causing it. I even booted into Safe Mode and that did not fix it. I started erasing apps but did not fix it. I finally resorted to a Factory Reset. I then slowly added one or two apps at a time and kept testing. Working, working..... NOT working. That was when I discovered the bad app - again, that was in my case. It might be a different app for your issue.

Good luck.
    thelink74 likes this.
    08-08-17 01:44 PM
    I was going to suggest a reset as well.

Sounds like a pain in the butt. :-(
    thelink74 likes this.
    08-08-17 01:49 PM
    thanks for the info. I just got my phone laid out how I like and don't want to deal with placing things back where they are. so reset option for me is not an option at this point. I'll just have to deal with it later on.
    08-09-17 12:22 PM
    thanks for the info. I just got my phone laid out how I like and don't want to deal with placing things back where they are. so reset option for me is not an option at this point. I'll just have to deal with it later on.
    Well, if you can find the offending app, you could UNinstall it and that might fix it.

When I had the problem, when I REinstalled that Blank-Icon app, I could not assign new Shortcuts. But when I UNinstalled it, it fixed the problem. The reason I originally reset it was because I was slowly deleting/unintalling apps but the problem persisted. Since I had well over 100 apps, it would be tedious. Therefore the RESET. But as I was reinstalling and testing about two apps at a time, I found the problem one. Merely UNinstalling it, at that point fixed the problem.
    08-09-17 02:55 PM
    I had that problem and it was associated with a 3rd party app. In my case it was a Blank Icon (Widget) app. I could use Shortcuts that were already assigned. But I could not add new ones or edit existing ones. At first I did not know what was causing it. I even booted into Safe Mode and that did not fix it. I started erasing apps but did not fix it. I finally resorted to a Factory Reset. I then slowly added one or two apps at a time and kept testing. Working, working..... NOT working. That was when I discovered the bad app - again, that was in my case. It might be a different app for your issue.

Good luck.
    The buttons remapper app caused my KB shortcuts to malfunction whereas I was NOT able to setup short press KB shortcuts! Since deleting/uninstalling the app alls wellnow!
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 08-10-17 at 01:16 AM.
    08-09-17 03:13 PM
    The buttons remapped app caused my KB shortcuts to malfunction whereas I was NOT able to setup short press KB shortcuts! Since deleting/uninstalling the app alls wellnow!
    That probably makes more sense than an app which allows blank icons and/or widgets to occupy space on the screen. Remapping buttons is closer to keyboard shortcut assignments.
    08-09-17 03:15 PM