This is a funny one. I've heard many people saying that if you cover the phone's speaker grill, the sound will still be heard very well.
    Well, apparently that's because the sound gets outside through the keyboard. LoL. try it

p.s. not criticizing BB or anything, just stating a fun fact.
    Last edited by joker333; 10-19-17 at 11:11 AM.
    10-19-17 10:30 AM
    It's why it's not water resistant.....
    10-19-17 10:39 AM
    It's why it's not water resistant.....
    So what. If they really wanted, they could make the sound go only through the grill (as far as I can understand). But they didn't. That's my point.
    Last edited by joker333; 10-19-17 at 11:11 AM.
    10-19-17 10:53 AM
    So what. If they really wanted, they could make the sound go only through the grill (as far as I can understand). But they didn't. That's my point.
    I understood your point....

Yes if they wanted they could build a chamber that is insulated and directs the sound out only through the grill. Some OEMs do this in order to offer a more premium directional sound without any bleeding of sound via holes in the body. Other throw a speaker in the phone and hopes that in general it sound good. In some cases that might actually work better for the end user than the more premium but focused sound.

In the end I doubt anyone expects the KEYone to compete in a sound battle.... just has to get the job done and push out some noise.
    10-19-17 11:39 AM
    Could be considered a feature, covering speaker holes on other phones (really easy when holding my S7 Edge landscape) would cut off all sound. 😂
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-19-17 12:41 PM
    I understood your point....

Yes if they wanted they could build a chamber that is insulated and directs the sound out only through the grill. Some OEMs do this in order to offer a more premium directional sound without any bleeding of sound via holes in the body. Other throw a speaker in the phone and hopes that in general it sound good. In some cases that might actually work better for the end user than the more premium but focused sound.

In the end I doubt anyone expects the KEYone to compete in a sound battle.... just has to get the job done and push out some noise.
    I didn't say that in a bad way. I don't care about this as much as I care about other major issues. I just mentioned it for the sake of fun.
    10-19-17 02:26 PM
    Could be considered a feature, covering speaker holes on other phones (really easy when holding my S7 Edge landscape) would cut off all sound.
    agree
    10-19-17 02:27 PM