06-20-17 08:13 AM
36 12
tools
    Yet, it's still the best pkb phone out there. With screen lifting and poor reception as bonuses.
    06-19-17 09:24 AM
    It seems there is an attempt to engage in a "sport" of extreme hypochondriac fault finding with the BlackBerry KEYone. If you do not like the BlackBerry KEYone, return it or better yet do not buy it, and stop posting whiny rants.
    We all have concerns, doesn't come off as a whiny rant to me,,, people like you are so petty,,, give it up for the keyboard tough guys
    xandros9 and TGR1 like this.
    06-19-17 09:35 AM
    Just tried my keyboard as per your pic and mine seems very similar. Doesn't bother me and I agree with other posts, this is normal. The keys need to move and must have some space to move. If you type normally and look down on your keyboard instead of on the side of the keyboard, you won't notice anything. I've owned Q5, Q10, Classic, Passport and a Priv. The KO, is better than the Priv's keyboard. I like Q10 best. I even had double typing problems on my Q10 but changed the Q10 keyboard 3 times before I broke the Sim card tray

KeyOne keyboard is fine.
    06-19-17 10:00 AM
    No fragile keys at all.
    Of course the keys can move if you touch them, its by design.
    I'm abusing my K1 from the day I've unboxed it, 1 month ago.
    And no screen lift issue, no anything.
    Not to say some units dont have the screen lift problem.
    Just to chime in from a "K1 works very well" perspective.
    06-19-17 10:01 AM
    I was checking for screen lift on my phone when I noticed light bleeding out the side of my keys. These keys look very fragile and if something snagged on the edges, it could rip them right off. I tried lifting with my finger nails and it started to lift up.

In the pictures, I'm not even pressing down on the keys, just resting my fingers on them.

Very dissapointed.
    Attachment 425413
    Attachment 425414
    The keyboard keys feel very solid to me. Feels excellent. Right size and function.

I wish I could always see the round home button, though. Or set a key to home?
    06-19-17 01:52 PM
    that looks a little abnormal. didn't notice when I got to use a display model. still no unlocked options here tho . maybe another member can confirm this is a regular occurrence?
    I can't tell what the OP is actually describing from the pics. Keys and keyboard seem solid to me, but I haven't dropped it yet.

My phone is from the second Amazon wave about 10 days after first release.
    06-19-17 01:55 PM
    Not like that it doesn't - exchange it.

If you get the feeling the keys are weak/loose/might fall out over wear and tear, just exchange it. Sometimes you will get a dud like that.

My Classic can get like that - sorta. But I have to really press the key and it's only a bit of light bleed.

Posted via CB10
    I replaced two PRIVs over bad keys. You know it when you feel it. They were functional but just didn't feel right.

All my keys currently feel right. The device feels very solid.
    06-19-17 01:57 PM
    I replaced two PRIVs over bad keys. You know it when you feel it. They were functional but just didn't feel right.

All my keys currently feel right. The device feels very solid.
    Yea exactly.

If you press on the keys than can get like that. However if you are just merely touching them and they are flimsy like that, that's not within the normal range at all.

One user had his spacrbar fall out on the PRIV so it's possible to have loose flimsy keys. No need for the snide remarks about the OP.

As I said, only the op knows how they FEEL, which is more important than the picture.

Just exchange it OP.
    06-19-17 02:10 PM
    Over time; every time I felt something about may any of my BlackBerry physical keyboards was off like this, I quickly forgot about it and just kept using the devices and nothing bad ever happened to any of them.
    06-19-17 10:55 PM
    We all have concerns, doesn't come off as a whiny rant to me,,, people like you are so petty,,, give it up for the keyboard tough guys
    I do prefer my physical keyboard. Enjoy whatever smartphone suits you.
    06-19-17 11:08 PM
    I can't tell what the OP is actually describing from the pics. Keys and keyboard seem solid to me, but I haven't dropped it yet.

My phone is from the second Amazon wave about 10 days after first release.
    I concur, my phone was from the same "wave" as yours and has had zero issues thus far.
    06-20-17 08:13 AM
36 12