I was checking for screen lift on my phone when I noticed light bleeding out the side of my keys. These keys look very fragile and if something snagged on the edges, it could rip them right off. I tried lifting with my finger nails and it started to lift up.

In the pictures, I'm not even pressing down on the keys, just resting my fingers on them.

Very dissapointed.
    KEYone keyboard keys look very fragile-img_20170618_075713.jpg
    KEYone keyboard keys look very fragile-img_20170618_075748.jpg
    Uzi likes this.
    06-18-17 10:02 AM
    that looks a little abnormal. didn't notice when I got to use a display model. still no unlocked options here tho . maybe another member can confirm this is a regular occurrence?
    06-18-17 10:05 AM
    that looks a little abnormal. didn't notice when I got to use a display model. still no unlocked options here tho . maybe another member can confirm this is a regular occurrence?
    Placing your fingers in between keys will show the largest gap. ie: between [Q][W] or [A][S] for a QWERTY layout.
    06-18-17 10:13 AM
    Not like that it doesn't - exchange it.

If you get the feeling the keys are weak/loose/might fall out over wear and tear, just exchange it. Sometimes you will get a dud like that.

My Classic can get like that - sorta. But I have to really press the key and it's only a bit of light bleed.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by evodevo69; 06-18-17 at 11:29 AM.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-18-17 10:22 AM
    Mine also look like that- my second KEYone. My first device came with dead W,S,G,H,L keys, didn't check if that one had light bleed.

But the device they sent me now has it for sure. not really worried, couldn't care less at the moment. if I have an issue down the road, I will make a warranty claim, but even with the light bleed, they seem sturdy enough.
    06-18-17 10:37 AM
    I was checking for screen lift on my phone when I noticed light bleeding out the side of my keys. These keys look very fragile and if something snagged on the edges, it could rip them right off. I tried lifting with my finger nails and it started to lift up.

In the pictures, I'm not even pressing down on the keys, just resting my fingers on them.

Very dissapointed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170618_075713.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	425413
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170618_075748.jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	425414
    If the keys are not excessively wobbly and are still comfortable to type, then it's all good. BB keyboards are designed to be that way. If there's no excessive light bleed, forget about this, they will not fall off.
    06-18-17 10:39 AM
    Why are your fingers in the photo if you aren't pressing down? If there is no light bleed without applying pressure and the keyboard functions properly, I wouldn't think there's a problem. I think you may be looking for problem(s) that aren't there. Enjoy your KEYone!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-18-17 11:50 AM
    From what I gather the op has keyboard lift as well! I don't think he was looking for issues so it'd not fair to say he was! C'mon let's help other forum members instead of kyboshing them please!!!
    06-18-17 04:46 PM
    Why are you typing upside down?
    06-18-17 06:08 PM
    Why are your fingers in the photo if you aren't pressing down? If there is no light bleed without applying pressure and the keyboard functions properly, I wouldn't think there's a problem. I think you may be looking for problem(s) that aren't there. Enjoy your KEYone!
    Aye! How can you see the light bleed when your finger is on top of the key? Just another zany day on Crackberry!!
    06-18-17 06:16 PM
    Yeah you got me. I was looking for problems. I did say in my OP that I was looking for screen lift that's why I was holding the phone that way and looking at that angle. "Holding" meaning I wasn't pressing down on the keys as input. Was I holding it wrong? WTF?
    06-18-17 06:44 PM
    I'm beginning to wonder if my KEYone is like a unicorn, because it seems to be really rare to find one that isn't having hardware issues. My keys are made really well. No light bleeding, no wobbly keys. In fact, these are some of the best keys I've ever typed on, and I've had a lot of BlackBerry devices.
    super_rigel likes this.
    06-18-17 07:37 PM
    I agree the keyboard does NOT feel like a blackberry at all. No sculpture (at least it does not feel like it does also by looking there is some sculpture going on). Also, the keys feels too "plastic" and "sticky" like often the keys make a squeezing sound and when pressing the keys I feel like my fingers can lift the keys up because they feel sticky. Honestly I feel very disappointing with the keyboard. PRIV is way better on this.
    06-18-17 08:20 PM
    I agree the keyboard does NOT feel like a blackberry at all. No sculpture (at least it does not feel like it does also by looking there is some sculpture going on). Also, the keys feels too "plastic" and "sticky" like often the keys make a squeezing sound and when pressing the keys I feel like my fingers can lift the keys up because they feel sticky. Honestly I feel very disappointing with the keyboard. PRIV is way better on this.
    I've only played with the PRIV keyboard and it's mushy compared to the Q10. The KEYone's keyboard is more like the Q10's, which I prefer.
    06-18-17 08:26 PM
    I suppose there light bleed if I press on the edge of the keys but I would not even have thought of looking for something like that. These forums are too much. lol

After using touch keyboards with the Dtek 60, I am so happy to be back to a physical keyboard again. I like the KEYone keyboard a lot.
    rx8er likes this.
    06-18-17 08:42 PM
    It seems there is an attempt to engage in a "sport" of extreme hypochondriac fault finding with the BlackBerry KEYone. If you do not like the BlackBerry KEYone, return it or better yet do not buy it, and stop posting whiny rants.
    rx8er likes this.
    06-18-17 09:28 PM
    I just did it to my BlackBerry Classic, leaning some VERY minor pressure on half of the key on the edge. It lifts slightly and does the same thing.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with your keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    rx8er likes this.
    06-18-17 10:05 PM
    With whom are you agreeing?
    06-18-17 10:13 PM
    No issues on mine. Adding the blackberry OEM case covers up the sides of the keyboard too, so that could be an option for you if you don't want to go through the bother of returning it.
    06-18-17 10:25 PM
    There's nothing wrong with your keyboard I think paranoia is getting the worst of you
    06-18-17 10:35 PM
    There's nothing wrong with your keyboard I think paranoia is getting the worst of you
    Is everyone here a sensitive fanboy? All I said was it seems fragile and dissapointed the keys look so flimsy.
    JeBe4, eldeadache and TGR1 like this.
    06-18-17 10:51 PM
    And on it goes, the train runs off the tracks.... "My KEYone doesn't have any problems. This can't be right. I can't believe it's better than my ancient 5810. The power button is also in the wrong place too. My brain aches. Do I need to see a shrink or should I sue Blackberry? Answers please on a postcard. Thanks guys."
    06-18-17 11:50 PM
    Couldn't disagree more really. The K1 keyboard definitely feels like a BlackBerry keyboard to me, and a HUGE improvement over the Priv keyboard.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-19-17 07:03 AM
    I'm beginning to wonder if my KEYone is like a unicorn, because it seems to be really rare to find one that isn't having hardware issues. My keys are made really well. No light bleeding, no wobbly keys. In fact, these are some of the best keys I've ever typed on, and I've had a lot of BlackBerry devices.
    Agreed. It seems as though there is a contingency of people that are predisposed to dislike the K1 for whatever reason. People are actively looking for issues with their phone. Even in this thread, the OP stated that he was checking his phone for screen life. Not saying that he was wrong or anything of the sort, but people are active looking for issues with their phones, and when you look hard enough you are bound to see "something". The K1 is getting flamed as much as the Note 7, which is astounding to me.
    06-19-17 07:08 AM
    Is everyone here a sensitive fanboy? All I said was it seems fragile and dissapointed the keys look so flimsy.
    No one is a sensitive fanboy here from what I have been reading. But let me ask, the keyboard is flimsy in what matter and in comparison to what? BlackBerry has employed numerous types of keyboards on their phones over the years. That being said though, the keyboard architecture on the K1 is t he same that was employed by its predecessors in the Priv and Passport. I truthfully don't see any faults in its construction and it appears to be as solid as those previously mentioned. I would say though, that in comparison to some older BlackBerry keyboards I could understand how the K1 keyboard could appear to be flimsy.
    06-19-17 07:19 AM
36 12