Recently bought a K1 but it's got that SLIGHTLY dim light issue around the keys VBJH section. Do you think this is reason enough to return to seller?
    10-20-17 04:35 PM
    well i'm not an expert but of it's the manufacturer problem you should use the warranty of it's included ....
    Byrese likes this.
    10-20-17 04:54 PM
    Recently bought a K1 but it's got that SLIGHTLY dim light issue around the keys VBJH section. Do you think this is reason enough to return to seller?
    I think my keys seem evenly lit but only you can decide how you feel if the lighting is uneven.
    Byrese likes this.
    10-20-17 05:16 PM
    well i'm not an expert but of it's the manufacturer problem you should use the warranty of it's included ....
    True true
    10-20-17 05:21 PM
    Ya...im gonna keep it. I'll return to manufacture if need be in the future.
    10-20-17 05:34 PM
    The V,B keys are dimmer no denying that. There is no need to return for a replacement as the replacement would also duplicate the situation.
    Byrese likes this.
    10-20-17 06:02 PM
    Compare it to another keyone
    Byrese likes this.
    10-20-17 07:36 PM
    The best and most even backlighting I’ve found on any BB was on the 9900.
    Byrese likes this.
    10-20-17 09:25 PM
    The V,B keys are dimmer no denying that. There is no need to return for a replacement as the replacement would also duplicate the situation.
    This is my first time in blackberry world. So I'm learning what is and what isn't.
    10-20-17 11:50 PM
    Recent purchase here as well. I'm also concerned my keyboard backlight may be defective as well. Does the OP or any other posters on this thread care to share some pics of their keyboard with backlight activated. Everything else about the phone seems great so far.
    10-28-17 01:20 AM
    my VB too is a little dimmer
    10-28-17 05:07 AM
    BBMobile just sent me a warrantee replacement because my screen fell out. The replacement was a new KeyOne (which is awesome and unexpected), and the keyboard back lighting for the VB keys is still off, but less so. So, there is a chance you could get a model where it is more evenly lit.

That said, this is such a small problem that I am surprised there are people considering ditching their KeyOnes (or replacing them) over it. I was fine with it on my previous model, only replaced it because the screen came off (an actual, significant issue), and don't feel like my experience now with a new one is much better. Seems like a lot of work and hassle for a very small reward, no?
    10-28-17 06:26 AM