Here's what you've been wanting to know about the Keyone keyboard,but first I can tell you that I tried the Key2 as well and the keyboard is great on that phone also. I came from a Classic to a Keyone and although the Classic's keyboard is larger,I found the keyone just as easy to type on,and I have LARGE fingers. The action is very smooth and liquid,not quite clicky and its easy to slide your fingers over the glossy keys.
    So here's my advice,if you want a key 1 because its cheaper than the 2 ,go for it,the keyboard is EXCELLENT!
    01-02-19 04:32 AM
    really? I read that key2 had a more fluid keyboard
    01-02-19 03:59 PM
    K1 has better pkb feedback when pressing and clicking than K2.
    01-02-19 04:40 PM
    K1 has better pkb feedback when pressing and clicking than K2.
    Yes i think so too. Buttons are bigger and matt on key2, but i think the click is too soft. Sometimes i have to double check if i actually pressed the button. And after a month of using it i still sometimes hit multiple keys at once, despite the pkb beeing bigger.
    K1 has better feedback and less travel because it's smaller.
    The keyboard scrolling is better on the key2 though
    01-03-19 01:43 AM
    Just went from Classic to the KeyOne Black Edition cause the Key2 would have been twice the price (230€ vs ~450€)

The glossy Keys were really a stupid idea but im just so glad to have back a modern qwerty phone again. Not sure why but BB seems to love to take one step infront to take 2 back....lolz....

When Key2 or successors are cheap enough i will upgrade again for non-glossy little better keyboard and especially better SoC again.
    01-05-19 09:10 PM
    Just went from Classic to the KeyOne Black Edition cause the Key2 would have been twice the price (230€ vs ~450€)

The glossy Keys were really a stupid idea but im just so glad to have back a modern qwerty phone again. Not sure why but BB seems to love to take one step infront to take 2 back....lolz....

When Key2 or successors are cheap enough i will upgrade again for non-glossy little better keyboard and especially better SoC again.
    My take based on using Q10, Passport black, Passport Silver Edition, Priv, KeyOne and Key2 is that the feeling of a keyboard ultimately is a very personal thing. Some like it hard, some like it softer. That said, here is my take:
    - Priv keyboard by far the worst - too small, too plastic, too flat (not enough travel)
    - Q10 fine, “standard”.
    - Passport devices offer a different keyboard layout and size, obviously. I preferred the softer click of the Silver Edition over the original black version.
    - KeyOne: unimpressive because of the glossy gliding keys. But it clicks right just like the original Passport black. Same feeling.
    - Key2: luckily matte keys, quite an improvement over the KeyOne. And the click is reminiscent of my beloved Passport Silver Edition keyboard. In short: I prefer it over the KeyOne keyboard. But BBMo screwed it up by not allowing a software remapping of the speed key into a right shift key...
    01-06-19 05:40 AM
    - KeyOne: unimpressive because of the glossy gliding keys. But it clicks right just like the original Passport black. Same feeling.
    - Key2: luckily matte keys, quite an improvement over the KeyOne. And the click is reminiscent of my beloved Passport Silver Edition keyboard. In short: I prefer it over the KeyOne keyboard.
    Yes definately has to do with "personal preference" but also in practical "ways" the KeyOne Keyboard has its "disadvantages" compared to the little more edgy/matte keys. Prices are sky-high for only Middle Class SoC...but so far im very happy with my (cheap) KeyOne BE.

(BB-Launcher is pretty useless but the shortcut buttons on they keyboard are really working good)
    It is just ridiculous how BB keeps managing to screw up such "easy things" haha...
    01-06-19 05:47 AM