Hi im currently on my passport and had it for more than 2 years love it! BUT THE KEYONE sure has me thinking about switching. The only thing im concerned with is 1. Does the numbers pop up when swiping down on the keyboard, or do i have to use the shift key is it tehe same with the (period)...? Can someone post a picture? And 2. Is the keyboard the same size as the old blackberries? Happy for answere.

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071) likes this.
    07-21-17 11:17 AM
    is there a local Mobile store you can visit to actually play around with one! no, the behaviour is different than bbos10. and the keyboard is larger than priv!
    07-21-17 11:41 AM
    No no store has the keyone in sweden or else i would. I have never. Used the priv only passport, q10, z10 and an old one i didnt remember the name of it. If i get this right the extra symbols dont apear if i swipe down on the keyboard while typing?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 11:47 AM
    You have to push the shift key for the other keyboard to show and the keyboard is a nice size little smaller than the classic.
    07-21-17 11:58 AM
    Ohh that sucks...

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 12:06 PM
    I switched to the K1 from the Classic. I would recommend that if your passport still works and fills your needs, then stick with it for as long as you can. Android is a sloppy mess of an operating system in my mind. I'm still trying to figure out how to save photos on the SD card rather than internal storage. There's a million file manager apps, but they are so complicated, it's ridiculous.
    07-21-17 02:13 PM
    Yea thanks i really really want the keyone cause i think it looks great, but i have a feeling that android is not gonna satisfy me. Not yet atleast. The passport and the bb10 works so great together, and one thing i cant let go of is the swipe up right to sneak at the hub its unbeatable.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 04:02 PM
    Can, anyone comment on the K1 keyboard compared to the Classic and/or the Priv?

I use a Priv as my personal phone and Classic as my work phone. The keyboard on the Classic is so much better! I will literally put down the Priv and pick up the Classic just to bang out a short email...

If K1 could get me Android apps and a Classic caliber keyboard I might be on board. Unfortunately, like the OP, there are no stores anywhere near where I live that stock the K1 so I can't try it out myself.
    07-21-17 04:16 PM

I use a Priv as my personal phone and Classic as my work phone. The keyboard on the Classic is so much better! I will literally put down the Priv and pick up the Classic just to bang out a short email...

If K1 could get me Android apps and a Classic caliber keyboard I might be on board. Unfortunately, like the OP, there are no stores anywhere near where I live that stock the K1 so I can't try it out myself.
    Never used the classic but had both the passport and the Priv.

To my experience the keyboard of the KEYone is better than both devices.

The keyboard of the passport is definitely much wider but then I need a longer travel of my thumbs while using it so I can write much quicker on the KEYone.
    07-21-17 06:25 PM

If you are comfortable with the Classic, the transition to the KEYone is pretty easy. The Passport keys are much larger and spaced over a much larger area. My guess is it would take some getting used to. Do not expect the KEYone to be like the Passport. If you like a smaller device; like to be able to use the keyboard one-handed, and don't care to take your fingers off the keyboard to select symbols, the KEYone is very good. As for another question also posted on this thread regarding peeking at the hub, I use the productivity tab set to the Hub.
    Attached Thumbnails Keyone keyboard-2116.jpg  
    07-21-17 11:04 PM
    No no store has the keyone in sweden or else i would. I have never. Used the priv only passport, q10, z10 and an old one i didnt remember the name of it. If i get this right the extra symbols dont apear if i swipe down on the keyboard while typing?

Posted via CB10
    You hit the sym key to get symbols keyboard you toggle between 2 full symbols kb's like the orignal
    07-22-17 03:01 AM
    Can you send me a picture of that?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-17 03:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Side note my fav QJAYS reference in ear headset for android from sweden!!!
    07-22-17 04:07 AM
    q10 was the best keyboard for me. the K1 keyboard is nice but I can't the grip of swiping up to select words. otherwise the capacitive keyboard is really nice without having too many typos.
    07-22-17 05:21 AM
    Yea the passport has the swipe funktion as well, and ive seen reviews when they say that its news for the keyone keyboard. But can anyone with a keyone send me a picture when the symbol keyboard is on screen?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-17 05:38 AM