Hello. I just updated my KEYone BBB100-1 to Oreo (ABD796), and ever since, it has started to randomly reboot on a regular basis. It will reboot when I'm in the middle of something, or just when it's sitting there. Any ideas on what I can do to rectify this?
    08-15-18 05:44 PM
    May have to do a security wipe.
    08-15-18 05:52 PM
    Hmm, hope not, but will do if I have to :-)
    08-15-18 05:53 PM
    First try a FF22™ 32 second hard reset. hold down the power button for 32 seconds and then let it boot back up. if that doesn't cure your issue I'd think you'll have to do a factory reset.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-15-18 05:54 PM
    First try a FF22™ 32 second hard reset. hold down the power button for 32 seconds and then let it boot back up. if that doesn't cure your issue I'd think you'll have to do a factory reset.
    Unfortunately that didn't help. Is there a backup that I can do before the factory reset, or do I need to rely on the cloud for that part?
    08-15-18 07:48 PM
    Unfortunately that didn't help. Is there a backup that I can do before the factory reset, or do I need to rely on the cloud for that part?
    Maybe run the no-wipe autoloader.
    08-15-18 07:51 PM
    ^^^this.

my Ota was a disaster sim undetected apps crashing a a few random reboots. I did the update at work but didn't have time to fix it until I got home.

after running no wipe autoloader everything is smooth now.
    08-15-18 08:10 PM
    ^^^this.

my Ota was a disaster sim undetected apps crashing a a few random reboots. I did the update at work but didn't have time to fix it until I got home.

after running no wipe autoloader everything is smooth now.
    Yeah, mine was no sim card or network detected too.

Took a few reboots, nothing, so I manually chose Bell Canada and then it registered finally
    But at first it only registered to H+.
    Then I manually selected Bell (LTE) and it registered to that.

So, it was a bit messy for me too
    08-15-18 08:13 PM
    Maybe run the no-wipe autoloader.
    I seem to be having troubles finding the no-wipte autoloader. Care to point me in the right direction? :-)
    08-15-18 08:21 PM
    I seem to be having troubles finding the no-wipte autoloader. Care to point me in the right direction? :-)
    You already have it. Just run the no-wipe batch file install of the other one.
    08-15-18 08:22 PM
    You already have it. Just run the no-wipe batch file install of the other one.
    Where do I get the batch file? :-) I'm trying to download the one via this forum post, not sure if it'll include the batch file perse: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13257917
    08-15-18 08:34 PM
    Where do I get the batch file? :-) I'm trying to download the one via this forum post, not sure if it'll include the batch file perse: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13257917
    It's part of the downloaded zip file.
    08-15-18 08:40 PM
    It's part of the downloaded zip file.
    It's now making me wait over 2 hours, after Mega stopped at about 50%, and wants me to either wait or pay to get the rest immediately. Is there any quicker way to get the no-wipe autoloader ?
    08-15-18 08:42 PM
    It's now making me wait over 2 hours, after Mega stopped at about 50%, and wants me to either wait or pay to get the rest immediately. Is there any quicker way to get the no-wipe autoloader ?
    Nope.
    08-15-18 09:02 PM
    I can't seem to get the no-wipe autoloader to successfully work, nothing is getting copied over. I suspect it's 'cause I'm unable to remove my password, since my device is on a BES. Any other suggestions, or should I just do the factory reset? Or I guess removing it from the BES would mean less lost than doing the entire factory reset? :-/
    08-15-18 10:09 PM
    We appreciate you guys being the guinea pigs, hopefully all the bugs will be worked out before we get the update.
    08-15-18 10:13 PM
    I can't seem to get the no-wipe autoloader to successfully work, nothing is getting copied over. I suspect it's 'cause I'm unable to remove my password, since my device is on a BES. Any other suggestions, or should I just do the factory reset? Or I guess removing it from the BES would mean less lost than doing the entire factory reset? :-/
    That would be why - password needs to be gone.

I guess you're stuck with a reset.
    08-15-18 10:17 PM
    We appreciate you guys being the guinea pigs, hopefully all the bugs will be worked out before we get the update.
    I'm working with the official update that came out today, so I don't see how I'm the guinea pig ;-)

BTW I've initiated the factory reset, I've had enough trying to supposedly make my life easier without needing the restore from the cloud, which is about a day old :-)
    08-15-18 10:18 PM
    So the factory reset fixed everything. I must say though, that automatic Google cloud backup which doesn't allow a manual backup doesn't at all compare to a backup on BBOS/BB10. I sure do miss my BlackBerry OS' :-(

Anyhow, Oreo is much faster, and has a number of performance enhancements, although the 3GB of RAM on the silver KEYone isn't quite enough, but I had that issue with Nougat as well :-/
    08-16-18 09:54 AM
    I must say though, that automatic Google cloud backup which doesn't allow a manual backup doesn't at all compare to a backup on BBOS/BB10. I sure do miss my BlackBerry OS' :-(
    Or even iOS for that matter, I agree it's sad and false advertising what Google calls a backup.
    08-16-18 12:02 PM
    Or even iOS for that matter, I agree it's sad and false advertising what Google calls a backup.
    The framework is there - it's up to individual app developers to support it.
    08-16-18 12:05 PM
    I had this problem and a 32 second reset did not work so I downloaded cc cleaner and fully authorised it needless to say once the job is done you need to re establish your password loggin for phone re starting and you can use the same password
    08-16-18 12:23 PM
    I had this problem and a 32 second reset did not work so I downloaded cc cleaner and fully authorised it needless to say once the job is done you need to re establish your password loggin for phone re starting and you can use the same password
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for next time :-)
    08-20-18 09:22 PM
    The framework is there - it's up to individual app developers to support it.
    So you're saying BB Launcher and our desktop settings could be backed up if BB would develop into the Framework? We go through a lot of time and effort personalizing our devices and it sucks to have to start from scratch and relearn/figure out all the little settings when a hiccup comes.
    08-20-18 09:58 PM
    So you're saying BB Launcher and our desktop settings could be backed up if BB would develop into the Framework? We go through a lot of time and effort personalizing our devices and it sucks to have to start from scratch and relearn/figure out all the little settings when a hiccup comes.
    Yup.
    08-20-18 09:59 PM