I'm sure they are. But beautiful doesn't make the phone any easier for me to use. For one, I cannot stand the stupid "let's distort the edges with this useless curved screen" crap. Some people say they don't notice it, but I notice distortion a lot and it bothers me. It's the reason why I can't watch a long gopro videos and if a friend buys one of those useless curved tv's I'm simply never going to watch anything at his/her house, ever... Not to mention it makes it easier to break. And of course, no physical keyboard.

Again, even though it's obvious, I have to state that I can only speak for myself, am not saying you shouldn't consider it, those things might not be issues for you...
    It's not so much of a curved edge on the s8 as it's more rounded off I'd say. Not like the s7 edge or the priv where it's clearly curved. The rounded off edge on the s8 actually makes it quite comfortable to hold.

Also I can't say I noticed any distortion around the edge, but I don't really notice one either on my priv but that's just me.

I will say that a lack of physical keyboard is a bummer, but not a total deal breaker. It's just a shame there no priv upgrade
    04-22-17 12:09 AM
    Go for S8. In android, it's all about specs.
    04-22-17 05:11 AM
    I just ordered S8+. People dont realize how smooth samsung softwares works. Yes there are bloatwares, but the basics like gallery, file explorer, recorders, camera are working like a charm which no BB andro can offer yet. The only K1 advantage I can see is only keyboard over vkb, but the overall daily experience like software integration may compensate the lack of pkb.
    Besides the camera, how is it that the Samsung's software works better than the Keyone's if both have Android 7?
    04-22-17 03:38 PM
    It's not so much of a curved edge on the s8 as it's more rounded off I'd say. Not like the s7 edge or the priv where it's clearly curved. The rounded off edge on the s8 actually makes it quite comfortable to hold.

Also I can't say I noticed any distortion around the edge, but I don't really notice one either on my priv but that's just me.

I will say that a lack of physical keyboard is a bummer, but not a total deal breaker. It's just a shame there no priv upgrade
    The Priv doesn't REALLY have a curved screen. The glass over the actual display is curved, but the part that actually has an image appears flat... Well, at least that's the impression I have, never really used a Priv...
    04-22-17 04:31 PM
    It makes sense that some users here simply prefer Samsung, just like there are some that just prefer Apple. These are giant consumer electronics companies that work hard to appeal to 100s of millions of people. Personally, I don't get it, but that just means I'm not in their target market.
    04-22-17 06:20 PM
    It makes sense that some users here simply prefer Samsung, just like there are some that just prefer Apple. These are giant consumer electronics companies that work hard to appeal to 100s of millions of people. Personally, I don't get it, but that just means I'm not in their target market.
    I like device diversity myself, but I can see why folks invest in companies across the board.

The synergy between Apple/Samsung/Sony/other ecosystems can be very becoming.
    04-22-17 07:52 PM
    Besides the camera, how is it that the Samsung's software works better than the Keyone's if both have Android 7?
    The whole software integration in S8+ works excellent as expected, unlike the bare android. Sammy has done an excellent job on replicating bb10 experience like the file explorer, gallery, music that are integrated well and able to see all your files, even on the cloud perfectly. Not to mention the quick menu like vibrate etc etc which bare android lack off. How about the selfie softwares which snap when you wave or say cheers and give you so much choice etc etc. The whole experience is difficult to explain in words but satisfying. What i dislike from S8+ is the quirky finger sensor placement but the iris sensor replaced it somewhat. The body is a little slippery.

But hey, we are at crackberry, and we all love bb. So perhaps we can live with bb shortcomings too and overcome it somewhat. I will still buy K1 when it comes out due to pkb, and no harm trying.
    04-22-17 08:19 PM
    There's a simple explanation as to why the market is flooded with so many choices. So many of the younger generation just don't understand why mobile devices just don't all work and work together. It's called the American Dream or Capitalism. No one company wants to share "everything' with the competition because in America, where everything American is made anywhere but in America, it's all about THE MONEY. The people you see who seem to be so proud of promoting these larger than life little digital toys are hired actors.
    What I don't get is why Real Estate Agents have a picture of themselves on their cards. Are they selling themselves or homes?

Humans! Was it an accident or did he make them on purpose????
    04-22-17 09:36 PM
    The whole software integration in S8+ works excellent as expected, unlike the bare android. Sammy has done an excellent job on replicating bb10 experience like the file explorer, gallery, music that are integrated well and able to see all your files, even on the cloud perfectly. Not to mention the quick menu like vibrate etc etc which bare android lack off. How about the selfie softwares which snap when you wave or say cheers and give you so much choice etc etc. The whole experience is difficult to explain in words but satisfying. What i dislike from S8+ is the quirky finger sensor placement but the iris sensor replaced it somewhat. The body is a little slippery.

But hey, we are at crackberry, and we all love bb. So perhaps we can live with bb shortcomings too and overcome it somewhat. I will still buy K1 when it comes out due to pkb, and no harm trying.
    Oh, I get it 😊 But I'm using a Google Pixel XL and I really like the software as is, so maybe the Keyone's integration is good for me too!
    04-23-17 04:20 AM

It's nice to hear that manufacturers are taking responsibility for integration and interoperability of apps. Sure there are users who want to "roll their own" and customize their phones extensively, but most users just want to use them to get things done.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-23-17 07:39 AM
    I am a long time BlackBerry user. I currently use a BlackBerry Passport SE and love everything about it: physical keyboard; customizable notification light; square screen for great reading experience; battery life; hub; calendar... it's just a great phone. However, with no Flash Player and an installation of Google Play Store that is not fully functional, I have been carrying a second Android phone (Samsung Note 5) to run an app I use for work. I tried using a BlackBerry Priv, but did not like the feel of the small, tight physical keyboard and the sliding action. I am used to BlackBerry software and was so looking forward to the KEYone--even though it would mean giving up my beloved BB 10 OS, square screen, and wider keyboard. The KEYone is a beautiful phone. But I am looking at the specs and compared to other Android phones, and even the Priv, the processor and resolution specs seem mediocre, and I am wondering, "Why?" And will it be a step backwards with speed and display that I will notice. I am not a techie, and would like some techie advice. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, i'm sort of in the same boat. I have experience of the S8 though as I've just got one for my wife a couple of days ago. The bottom line is this: are you comfortable with the price of the S8? Can you live without the PKB? And finally, are the monthly security patches unimportant? If the answer to all three is yes, just get the S8. It is beyond a shadow of a doubt the most beautiful phone I've seen and the performance is so slick and fluid it is truly a powerful piece of hardware and once you've put cobalt's BlackBerry apps on there, it's like a Z30 on steroids. I can't recommend it enough. It's very solidly built too.

However, I use two phones, one for personal and one for work. I'm going to replace one. If I replace my personal, it's the S8 all the way. If it's the work one, it's going to be the KEYone as communication is king and I don't need super duper gaming megapower.

Posted via CB10
    MyriadeCoh and bluesqueen23 like this.
    04-23-17 02:22 PM
    What do you mean 'once you put cobalt 's BlackBerry apps on there' ? Has he figured out a way to get BlackBerry apps running on Android now? Sorry I haven't been following the latest on his apps.
    04-23-17 08:00 PM
    What do you mean 'once you put cobalt 's BlackBerry apps on there' ? Has he figured out a way to get BlackBerry apps running on Android now? Sorry I haven't been following the latest on his apps.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...uired-1059855/
    04-23-17 08:06 PM
    Oh ok, I vaguely remember that thread now. Thanks!
    04-23-17 08:13 PM
    I want the physical keyboard, so I will wait a little longer. I am hoping it is not too much longer.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 09:47 PM
    I was holding out for the Keyone as well. However, when Sprint announced that international data would be free at 2g speeds and international calls capped at 20c/minute on 4/19 and then on 4/21 the S8 came out to reasonably good reviews, I jumped ship and left 10+ years of BB devices behind. I installed the Blackberry Hub and given all the choices one has on Android with the different launchers & messaging applications, it is a mess somewhat but slowly things are starting to work as they should.

Had the Keystone not been delayed and released in April (specifically before the Sprint announcement), I would have very likely ordered one.
    04-25-17 07:43 PM
    I am a long time BlackBerry user. I currently use a BlackBerry Passport SE and love everything about it: physical keyboard; customizable notification light; square screen for great reading experience; battery life; hub; calendar... it's just a great phone. However, with no Flash Player and an installation of Google Play Store that is not fully functional, I have been carrying a second Android phone (Samsung Note 5) to run an app I use for work. I tried using a BlackBerry Priv, but did not like the feel of the small, tight physical keyboard and the sliding action. I am used to BlackBerry software and was so looking forward to the KEYone--even though it would mean giving up my beloved BB 10 OS, square screen, and wider keyboard. The KEYone is a beautiful phone. But I am looking at the specs and compared to other Android phones, and even the Priv, the processor and resolution specs seem mediocre, and I am wondering, "Why?" And will it be a step backwards with speed and display that I will notice. I am not a techie, and would like some techie advice. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Nobody likes a quitter.
    04-25-17 08:46 PM
    Nobody likes a quitter.
    God... is that you speaking? Oh, no... just a troll. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 06:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have a Passport and can help you on your "Tech" issues.
    First make sure you have the latest OS 10.3.3.2205 installed.
    Here's the link. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...links-1098162/
    If you need help.. PM me and I'll be glad to walk you through it.
    To properly install and use Google Services Follow this link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-page-965257/

Also, with the most resent OS, The Blackberry Browser (already installed)runs circles around the others. Watching anything that requires flash is no problem
    Once complete, you'll have a happy Passport, again!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 04-28-17 at 09:06 PM.
    04-28-17 08:49 PM
    Go look up a video by detroitborg on the s7 and you'll see just how useful the added "gimmicks" are on touchwiz.

Will list a few.

You can customize the font size and icon size (so think 4 vs 5 rows)

You can wake up device without grabbing the phone

You can adjust the color saturation of the screen

The screen automatically adjusts it's temperature in bright sunlight so you can view it much better, it doesn't simply get brighter but the entire thing goes into this sunlight mode thing it's awesome

You can adjust the screen resolution

You can take photos using your voice or a hand motion, no need to touch the phone.

You can quick launch the camera with a double tap

You can turn it into one handed mode that makes it easier to operate with one hand...

And that's just scratching the surface.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-28-17 10:56 PM
    Thank you, Lostboy5151. I will give it a try. Much appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-29-17 11:10 AM
    I'm almost like you, old used for BB , and still keeping my passport
    SE ( on the shelf this time) and using the iPhone 7
    Honesty, I miss the solidity of BB, yet I respect iphone for their extraordinary care
    of updates, and support. I like that I get a direct answer to my question.

I pre-ordered a keyone phone , yet I'm not sure yet that an android blackberry will be
    Solid as BB10 PHONES.

let's wait and see.
    05-15-17 05:40 AM
    I did use iPhone 7 Plus for a while, but last month i have rocking the S8+ and it´s a very sweet and solid phone. I did wait for Keyone but did take time, and now when i can get it...it´s the same price as a S8+ where i live. And for that price i am not sure it´s worth it. I want it for "work" but for like 850-900 Dollars...that is overkill for that phone right now. 500-600 i would take it right away tho..
    05-26-17 01:34 AM
    I picked up the S8 plus at Best Buy for 749 and a free wireless charger came with it. The phone by far is the best to date for me no issues at all its super fast with no lag and the screen is beautiful.. I was going to get the Keyone until I played with the S8 and couldn't refuse. I am sure the Keyone will be a great device if you want a PKB but if not the S8 is the way to go. I will order a Keyone as my second device this week.
    05-29-17 07:51 AM
    Well I will be waiting for the Note 8 and see how it will turn out. If I don't like it I am pretty sure KEYone's price would have dropped by then and I can continue with BlackBerry.
    05-29-17 08:21 AM
84 1234