You can always draw straws
    Finally, an idea that makes sense! (just so we're clear, I'm not directing my reply to you, personally... )
    I'm just replying to the post!
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-19-17 10:15 PM
    I will ask, when you say you tried the Priv, did you actually own it and use it and find it unsatisfactory or some visits to the store to play on it? The reason I ask is because a number of folks have indicated that they got comfortable and use to the Priv keyboard after about a week. This has been from both Passport users and Q10 users.

As for the other specs, the "speculation" is this phone is intended to appeal to enterprises so they wanted to keep the price within reason. As others have suggested, the process is probably more than adequate for business, non-gamer types and will also extend the daily battery life.

I know a number of folks are turned off by the delay and antsy to get something new. I understand and the decision is ultimately yours.
    When you say "a number of folks" did you have a specific number in mind? (I'm asking for a friend!)
    04-19-17 10:32 PM
    I too would recommend waiting for the KEYone.

Some things about the Galaxy S8 which I am not fond of based on reviews, are little things like the off center fingerprint reader and usb-c jack (not in line with the headphone jack). The Samsung Bixby addition and forcing the convenience key to map only to Bixby. Then there's Samsung 's slew of bloatware, and just how fast will Android updates roll out to this phone on varying carriers?

And interestingly, the S8 apparently uses the same battery as the Note 7. This from ifixit:

“The Samsung Galaxy S8+ battery voltage, capacity, and design tolerances are virtually identical to the Note 7,” the report said. “Our unit’s battery even came from the same manufacturer as some Note7 batteries.”

“The design surrounding the battery — its installed position, spacing, and reinforcement — is very, very similar to the Note 7,” iFixit noted, adding that the battery is still glued in place, buried under other components. That doesn’t mean the Galaxy S8’s battery is going to explode, though. It just makes repairs and replacements more expensive.

Personally I can't stomach spending so much on a phone like this, knowing the S9 will be out the following year. Too many new phones, making the current model feel "old" too fast.
    04-19-17 10:45 PM
    When you say "a number of folks" did you have a specific number in mind? (I'm asking for a friend!)
    7 and favorite color is blue. Lobster, sweet potato, chocolate chocolate chip ice cream or maybe butter pecan.
    anon(3732391) and kbz1960 like this.
    04-19-17 11:59 PM
    Yeah I'm thinking the same thing as OP... You know, a phone should actually be released within some reasonable amount of time after its been announced.

Also what's the point if this is the last phone made by blackberry? Where does this leave me with an upgrade path? We all know there will be an S and Note series until the end of time.
    04-20-17 12:16 AM
    Yeah I'm thinking the same thing as OP... You know, a phone should actually be released within some reasonable amount of time after its been announced.

Also what's the point if this is the last phone made by blackberry? Where does this leave me with an upgrade path? We all know there will be an S and Note series until the end of time.
    Those who just want what ever is available this week, won't buy the KEYone. Those who actually want an Android phone with a physical keyboard will buy the KEYone when it becomes available.
    murphy_thom, FF22 and Carjackd like this.
    04-20-17 12:22 AM

The last phone designed in-house by BlackBerry .. tcl is continuing to release blackberry phones and will probably carry on the blueprint of the KEYone making minor changes in each iteration.
    04-20-17 12:38 AM
    Key one will be the same'' grill'' like priv with low performance...

Posted via CB10
    I seriously doubt that!
    04-20-17 03:32 AM
    [QUOTE=FF22;12842520]I will ask, when you say you tried the Priv, did you actually own it and use it and find it unsatisfactory or some visits to the store to play on it? The reason I ask is because a number of folks have indicated that they got comfortable and use to the Priv keyboard after about a week. This has been from both Passport users and Q10 users.
    /QUOTE]

I own the Priv, used it for a while as my only phone, and still use it periodically when I need to use an Android app that will not run on my BB10 OS Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-17 06:06 AM
    Hold both phones in your hand before you make a decision. I personally wasn't impressed with the S8, if I don't get the KEYone I'm considering the Sony XZ Premium Over the S8. But before I make any decision I'm going in a store and I'm gonna mess around with it.

Posted via CB10
    Think twice before getting the XZ.....I got one myself not too long ago. That thing bend so easily I am now rocking a seesaw of a phone....
    04-20-17 06:50 AM
    I seriously doubt that!
    I also Trying to be optimistic, if you remember how we 've been waiting for Priv.....
    But the reality was unfortunately not as we expected.
    I understand if Key one is let's say 250-300 Usd that's fine...
    The price of key one is similar to s7 edge but samsung is duos, battery is fantastic, I am using it almost one year together with passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-17 07:28 AM
    Samsung DeX is really tempting. But I then I think myself using KEYone's shortcuts and I am torn. . This has become a test really.

Plus Samsung US offers AKG Y50BT wireless over ear headphones+256 GB micro SD card +gear vr and controller aaand some customers also received a dock speaker for 850 $.

That is why I am frustrated. Just give me a release date so I can wait in peace or jump ship.
    04-20-17 07:37 AM

Others have made this point and frankly, it is not one I understand. Maybe it was more an issue under both previous BB OS's where you had an investment in apps that would only run on BBOS or BB10. But the BB Android phones do not limit the future of your apps (unless you want to move to iphone). If you change brands, the Android apps are transferable to any other Android phone.

Then what is the benefit of having a SamsungX when they introduce SamsungY. You still have to buy a new phone. I guess there is some comfort or familiarity but that is it, at least, in my opinion. Now that I'm on Android with the Priv, if I move to the Pixel or htc or lg or samsung, my apps and familiarity with the OS will make it reasonably easy. So other than disappointment that BB did not make it (in name and OS features), I can move along. If the KEYone serves my current purposes but there's no KEYtwo, I would be disappointed but could live with two years of a satisfying keyboard - the keyboard and some OS features/apps are what you are purchasing.

And I guess one other factor in favor of non-BB - maybe better resale value if you do follow that brand's upgrade path.

But this is my take on upgrade paths. No doubt others will disagree.
    04-20-17 08:51 AM
    I gave Blackberry a chance after OS10 with dtek50. Sadly it failed on many fronts. I sorely miss the OS10 system and have now deserted BlackBerry for good after many years and handsets. I now have the Samsung galaxy s7 edge which i consider fantastic and best ever phone I've used. If only it had OS10...
    04-20-17 02:13 PM
    Others have made this point and frankly, it is not one I understand. Maybe it was more an issue under both previous BB OS's where you had an investment in apps that would only run on BBOS or BB10. But the BB Android phones do not limit the future of your apps (unless you want to move to iphone). If you change brands, the Android apps are transferable to any other Android phone.
    I'll explain, because the majority do want an updated refreshed version of the same phone. IE: the iPhone, looking forward expect upgrades. With this, you can always sell the current and get the new device like with Samsung and Apple - after being stuck on a 3 year contract with a pile of crap z10 with no options really has put a damper on loyalty...then year after year launching random phones with hopes that one will stick. This is also a new age, 95% of the public want something new annually...and I don't want to hear "thats BS". Because if it wasn't, BB would not be in the 0.0% category.

Also the iPhone 4s was release 2011 and still has full support. Most importantly OS. Something that never happens with BB. Many just moved on.

That being said...Im going with Keyone over s8 because I'm a loser of a BB fan. However this is a work phone for me, my main device is the 7Plus, because like Ian Logan1 said....I for one gave them many chances as well.
    Last edited by niklow; 04-20-17 at 02:47 PM.
    04-20-17 02:31 PM
    I gave Blackberry a chance after OS10 with dtek50. Sadly it failed on many fronts. I sorely miss the OS10 system and have now deserted BlackBerry for good after many years and handsets. I now have the Samsung galaxy s7 edge which i consider fantastic and best ever phone I've used. If only it had OS10...
    Everyone has their own journey and opinion, it really means nothing to anyone else. I have been a long time BBOS user, then used BB10 for a while, and then to a Dtek50 as well. It's a fantastic phone and experience for me. Not as good as a PKB, but suffice just fine. I can do everything and didn't have to spend a small fortune on the latest Samsung.
    anon(3732391) and FF22 like this.
    04-20-17 03:22 PM
    7 and favorite color is blue. Lobster, sweet potato, chocolate chocolate chip ice cream or maybe butter pecan.
    WHAT??? No beverage???
    04-20-17 04:45 PM
    Everyone has their own journey and opinion, it really means nothing to anyone else. I have been a long time BBOS user, then used BB10 for a while, and then to a Dtek50 as well. It's a fantastic phone and experience for me. Not as good as a PKB, but suffice just fine. I can do everything and didn't have to spend a small fortune on the latest Samsung.

I agree with you, without question! It really means nothing!!

(I mean that in a good way!!!)
    04-20-17 04:49 PM
    I agree with you, without question! It really means nothing!!

And you agreeing with him really means nothing!

(I mean that in a good way!!!)http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0269.gif
    And you agreeing with him really means nothing!
    Alain_A and terminatorx like this.
    04-20-17 05:58 PM
    I also Trying to be optimistic, if you remember how we 've been waiting for Priv.....
    But the reality was unfortunately not as we expected.
    I understand if Key one is let's say 250-300 Usd that's fine...
    The price of key one is similar to s7 edge but samsung is duos, battery is fantastic, I am using it almost one year together with passport.

Posted via CB10
    Priv was having one problem before manufacture process, priv was designed for BB10 and at eleventh hour BlackBerry put it Android in it. Priv was bad on 5.0 but doing well with 6.0! That initial 5.0 brought bad name for Priv. BlackBerry designed phones for Android only, doing well like DTEK and I hope 🔑 1 is specially designed for Android and it will do good, battery, performance and keyboard etc.
    04-21-17 12:46 PM
    I am a long time BlackBerry user. I currently use a BlackBerry Passport SE and love everything about it: physical keyboard; customizable notification light; square screen for great reading experience; battery life; hub; calendar... it's just a great phone. However, with no Flash Player and an installation of Google Play Store that is not fully functional, I have been carrying a second Android phone (Samsung Note 5) to run an app I use for work. I tried using a BlackBerry Priv, but did not like the feel of the small, tight physical keyboard and the sliding action. I am used to BlackBerry software and was so looking forward to the KEYone--even though it would mean giving up my beloved BB 10 OS, square screen, and wider keyboard. The KEYone is a beautiful phone. But I am looking at the specs and compared to other Android phones, and even the Priv, the processor and resolution specs seem mediocre, and I am wondering, "Why?" And will it be a step backwards with speed and display that I will notice. I am not a techie, and would like some techie advice. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Just buy the S8. It was announced later than the KeyONE and went on sale today.
    04-21-17 12:58 PM
    I am think the same way going with the Samsung s8 plus the key one is a nice looking phone but it should be on sale Now in the USA blackberry company is to slow to putting out the key one it was tested by the FCC before the Samsung new s8 and the s8 plus. Verizon was to be the first to get the key one I hear may is the launch date. The key one should had. Launch before the new Samsung S8 who next the Iphone 8 and the key one Last. Blackberry need to beef up sales you need to start advertisements like TV magazines newspapers. Come on blackberry step your game up.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 03:23 PM
    If I could buy any phone that's ever been made or announced for $1, the S8 wouldn't make my top 10 list. I'm obviously out of step around here!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    BLu likes this.
    04-21-17 05:32 PM
    I played around with the s8 and s8+ in the store and WOW are they ever beautiful phones! Only thing I'm not too crazy about is their weird screen aspect ratio and how tall they are instead of wide, and the stupid fingerprint sensor on the back. Making the decision to get that or the keyone is gonna be real tough...
    04-21-17 08:10 PM
    I played around with the s8 and s8+ in the store and WOW are they ever beautiful phones! Only thing I'm not too crazy about is their weird screen aspect ratio and how tall they are instead of wide, and the stupid fingerprint sensor on the back. Making the decision to get that or the keyone is gonna be real tough...
    I'm sure they are. But beautiful doesn't make the phone any easier for me to use. For one, I cannot stand the stupid "let's distort the edges with this useless curved screen" crap. Some people say they don't notice it, but I notice distortion a lot and it bothers me. It's the reason why I can't watch a long gopro videos and if a friend buys one of those useless curved tv's I'm simply never going to watch anything at his/her house, ever... Not to mention it makes it easier to break. And of course, no physical keyboard.

Again, even though it's obvious, I have to state that I can only speak for myself, am not saying you shouldn't consider it, those things might not be issues for you...
    04-21-17 09:25 PM
84 1234