I've just been using a KEYone unlocked from the security clamp at Carphone Warehouse in UK.

My impressions were:
    • Great build quality - wow!
    • Ideal compromises made on size of everything which cannot be perfect if you want PKB
    • I was very worried about lag (versus my Nexus 6P) and whilst I could not find a decent pre-loaded app to stress out it I found the camera handled storing 130 photos in burst mode with my finger held on the trigger and general usage was snappy
    • Sound quality on speaker seemed passable on a YouTube video
    • I can get away (just) with typing one handed, reaching the "a" is a stretch but ok
    • I didn't find the keyboard mushy and really liked it overall
    • Power button location is indeed weird, you basically have to adjust your holding position (right handed) which just can't have made sense in their user testing. Convenience key is nice

I think I'm going to get one but my only concerns remain 1. The speed of Android OS/feature updates like Android O since they'll have to pass the mercy of BlackBerry Mobile (used to hate this on Samsung), 2. Hardware support is likely through the store you buy from and I am used to the phenomenal service from the Google Store (like replacements before you return) which is Amazon-esque.

Still, thumbs up!

KEYone impressions from store-img_20170506_151121.jpg
    05-06-17 11:22 AM
    Power button location is indeed weird, you basically have to adjust your holding position (right handed) which just can't have made sense in their user testing. Convenience key is nice
    Why is this such a big deal to everyone? There's double tap to wake and double tap to sleep... Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the fingerprint sensor can wake and unlock the phone. There's no reason to use the button at all.
    05-06-17 12:54 PM
    Maybe batterie saving.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 12:56 PM
    Maybe batterie saving.
    The phone gets like 9 months 11 days and 16 hours of battery life per charge though...
    05-06-17 01:41 PM
    Why is this such a big deal to everyone? There's double tap to wake and double tap to sleep... Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the fingerprint sensor can wake and unlock the phone. There's no reason to use the button at all.
    Agreed, why indeed is the position of the power button weird to some people, who says it can only be in one place only
    Mirko935 likes this.
    05-06-17 02:12 PM
    Agreed, why indeed is the position of the power button weird to some people, who says it can only be in one place only
    For one right-handed usage it's far less ergonomic for fingers to reach and hit it top left of whole device than it is on the right with thumb in place already. It felt awkward. It's the height of it tucked at the top you have to adjust your hand for something I would press every time I stop a task to close it.
    Didn't know about the double tap thing though.
    05-07-17 02:53 AM
    Not everyone is right handed! Maybe become a lefty then. Once my phone is on I have no need to use the button to be honest with the double tap feature.
    05-07-17 03:18 AM
    Didn't know about the double tap thing though.
    Oh, people don't know about that... Sorry, then. Yeah, the market leaders (Apple and Samsung) don't offer that so probably a lot of people don't know about it. I haven't used the Power button except for the occasional shutdown since 2014 so to me it's perfectly normal.
    The BB launcher on Priv lacks double tap to sleep for whatever programmer laziness reason but I have a flip case so no problem. If it didn't I'd find another launcher which would be able to do that. I believe KEYone also has support for those cases so, just fyi, that can replace using Power button as well. You also have lift to wake (on Priv, you should check about KEYone) if double tapping ain't your thing.
    05-07-17 03:32 AM
    Oh, people don't know about that... Sorry, then. Yeah, the market leaders (Apple and Samsung) don't offer that so probably a lot of people don't know about it. I haven't used the Power button except for the occasional shutdown since 2014 so to me it's perfectly normal.
    The BB launcher on Priv lacks double tap to sleep for whatever programmer laziness reason but I have a flip case so no problem. If it didn't I'd find another launcher which would be able to do that. I believe KEYone also has support for those cases so, just fyi, that can replace using Power button as well. You also have lift to wake (on Priv, you should check about KEYone) if double tapping ain't your thing.
    And if you turn on flip to save power...
    05-07-17 05:01 AM