I have a KeyOne that is free of Google log-ins. I just use phone, text, email, and some web browsing using DuckDuckGo. I have been using the device for about a year.

This weekend I received a message about SMS spam protection and being suspicious of Google, I tried to cancel out of it. I was busy and may have hit the wrong key. Then I began getting Google alerts whenever I received text messages and it was very annoying. Unable to find the culprit app I reset my phone to factory default and reset my email accounts. Most of my photos were on my SD card.

Everything appeared fine and I left the phone on the charger for a couple hours. When I came back the mail icon is a different logo and it asks me to "update BlackBerry Hub+ Services and takes me to Google Play. I set the phone up without Google, I don't have a Google account and I don't want a Google account because I am tired it Google's intrusiveness.

How did this happen and how do I get my phone to work like it did before?
    12-09-19 12:15 AM
    How did this happen
    The preloaded apps will partially update through Google Play w/o an account actually added, it's part as the base system process.

how do I get my phone to work like it did before?
    Not sure you can. Perhaps using an older autoloader might work but those app updates will likely still come.
    12-09-19 05:29 PM
    I have a KeyOne that is free of Google log-ins. I just use phone, text, email, and some web browsing using DuckDuckGo. I have been using the device for about a year.

This weekend I received a message about SMS spam protection and being suspicious of Google, I tried to cancel out of it. I was busy and may have hit the wrong key. Then I began getting Google alerts whenever I received text messages and it was very annoying. Unable to find the culprit app I reset my phone to factory default and reset my email accounts. Most of my photos were on my SD card.

Everything appeared fine and I left the phone on the charger for a couple hours. When I came back the mail icon is a different logo and it asks me to "update BlackBerry Hub+ Services and takes me to Google Play. I set the phone up without Google, I don't have a Google account and I don't want a Google account because I am tired it Google's intrusiveness.

How did this happen and how do I get my phone to work like it did before?
    You can find recent versions of the Hub apps at www.apkmirror.com
    https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...k&s=blackberry

Alternatively, you can install the Aurora app store (a google play store emulator) which is available on F-Droid (which is FOSS app store). So install F-droid to find and install Aurora, then you can update all of your Blackberry apps by downloading them from Google without actually needing to use the Play store.

https://f-droid.org/
    https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.aurora.store/

It sounds like your device still has Google Play Services and the Play Store enabled, but just no account added. If this is the case, the apps are still data collecting.
    12-10-19 05:51 PM