Guys, here's a question:

company is piloting AFW or Android at work (AAW) and offering some of the folks to try out.

I went into discussion with one from IT, and he claims that HUB will not work with AFW.
    he claims, HUB "is on BES infrastructure and we do not utilize BES. Personal accounts will work, but not work". and then I got a question:

HUB, essentially, is just a mail app. Feed any kind of mail settings - it will fetch it as any native android mail app, outlook app or anything. same as any ios or so.

is there anything why it SHOULD NOT WORK with Android at Work?

or that guy is just clueless?
    Isn't AFW is just some sort of the MDM like BES? Whi it SHOULD not work with HUB?!?
    03-12-17 07:47 PM
    The Hub includes a mail app that from a user perspective looks just like any other mail app, but from a MDM point of view it may be more complicated due to the multifunction aspects of the Hub.
    03-12-17 08:28 PM
    Not familiar enough with AfW to comment directly on it, but the explanation is totally flawed. Hub doesn't rely on BES infra at all.
    03-12-17 10:58 PM
    Not familiar enough with AfW to comment directly on it, but the explanation is totally flawed. Hub doesn't rely on BES infra at all.
    What the IT guy said was that while the HUB could be administered and managed by BlackBerry's own BES, the HUB is not supported by AFW, which they are using.
    03-12-17 11:13 PM
    I've had AfW on my Priv, DTEK50 and now DTEK60 (and soon to be KEYone!) and can confirm that the Hub does NOT support AfW mail. Work emails come through an instance of Gmail via the work profile. It's a bit of a bummer but I'm used to it by now. I'm just happy to still be using my BlackBerrys for work after my company shut down the BES servers at the end of 2015 making all of my BB10 devices useless for work.
    03-12-17 11:16 PM
    I've had AfW on my Priv, DTEK50 and now DTEK60 (and soon to be KEYone!) and can confirm that the Hub does NOT support AfW mail. Work emails come through an instance of Gmail via the work profile. It's a bit of a bummer but I'm used to it by now. I'm just happy to still be using my BlackBerrys for work after my company shut down the BES servers at the end of 2015 making all of my BB10 devices useless for work.
    So then your work account is managed through GMail, but you can still use the HUB for your personal accounts?
    03-12-17 11:22 PM
    So then your work account is managed through GMail, but you can still use the HUB for your personal accounts?
    That's correct. I've got Gmail for work and the hub for everything else - even my personal Gmail account... I prefer accessing it via the hub over the stock Gmail app.

Hopefully one day AfW mail will be available in the Hub (I have no clue what would have to happen for that to work and who would be doing the work, BlackBerry, Android or both) and I can uninstall the Gmail app permanently!
    03-12-17 11:31 PM
    you can definitely push an activesync mail profile to the Blackberry Hub Productivity Suite.. This should help.. You have to select your productivity suite to use first and configure that so the apps install

Select the productivity apps for Android for Work devices - BlackBerry UEM - 12.6
    05-03-17 07:57 AM