Is it just me or does the hub seem not as useful anymore compared to BB10? I get a new text. Show in hub and go to open and it opens messages to review or respond. Get a email and click it and opens Gmail app. I already get notifications via Android and I can go direct to corresponding application.

Am I way off of or anyone agree? I'm using a KeyOne running Android 8.1 if that helps. If I'm doing something wrong please advise. Thank you
    02-04-19 07:52 PM
    Is it just me or does the hub seem not as useful anymore compared to BB10? I get a new text. Show in hub and go to open and it opens messages to review or respond. Get a email and click it and opens Gmail app. I already get notifications via Android and I can go direct to corresponding application.

Am I way off of or anyone agree? I'm using a KeyOne running Android 8.1 if that helps. If I'm doing something wrong please advise. Thank you
    I disabled the Gmail app so I don't get double notifications. I still haven't gotten used to the hub on android myself. Feels like a fake but they have made a lot of improvements
    02-04-19 08:00 PM
    I disabled the Gmail app so I don't get double notifications. I still haven't gotten used to the hub on android myself. Feels like a fake but they have made a lot of improvements
    Thanks! I disabled the Gmail app and that helps. Now I can stay in the hub for that. Anyway to do that with text messages or does it have to have an external messaging app?
    02-04-19 08:06 PM
    Thanks! I disabled the Gmail app and that helps. Now I can stay in the hub for that. Anyway to do that with text messages or does it have to have an external messaging app?
    Not that I'm aware of. Whenever you go to a message it takes you to the app
    02-04-19 08:11 PM
    When you use textra with the hub, it takes me to a conversation window of you and the sender. It doesn't open the app completely.
    02-04-19 08:44 PM
    I use Verizon Message+ and selecting a text message in the hub opens the text conversation, not the app. From the conversation , hitting the back arrow takes me back to the hub.
    02-04-19 09:25 PM
    @ryankul you are looking for an in-line reply experience which is how Hub worked on BB10.

That's not the case on Android with integrated apps such as SMS, WhatsApp, Instagram and the likes; as you pointed, Hub on Android re-direct you to the conversation within the integrated app rather than allow you to reply from within Hub which is programmatically impossible without API supplied by said integrated app.

Given Android economics, app developers aren't likely to provide API to other app developers (BlackBerry for that matter) other than Google as their intent is to have the user spend as much time as possible inside their app.

The closest way to an in-line reply experience on Android is by using the Notification Shade.

You can learn more about it in the BlackBerry Hub+ Suite section of this forum.
    02-04-19 10:22 PM
    @ryankul you are looking for an in-line reply experience which is how Hub worked on BB10.

That's not the case on Android with integrated apps such as SMS, WhatsApp, Instagram and the likes; as you pointed, Hub on Android re-direct you to the conversation within the integrated app rather than allow you to reply from within Hub which is programmatically impossible without API supplied by said integrated app.

Given Android economics, app developers aren't likely to provide API to other app developers (BlackBerry for that matter) other than Google as their intent is to have the user spend as much time as possible inside their app.

The closest way to an in-line reply experience on Android is by using the Notification Shade.

Thank you! I'll check more in to that as well.
    02-04-19 10:27 PM
    When you use textra with the hub, it takes me to a conversation window of you and the sender. It doesn't open the app completely.
    OK. Just tried this and miles better. Have you been using this for awhile? Never heard of it till now. Only used messages, hangouts, Verizon messenger and one other. I'll stick with it for now and hoping it stays around and keeps working.
    02-04-19 10:33 PM
    OK. Just tried this and miles better. Have you been using this for awhile? Never heard of it till now. Only used messages, hangouts, Verizon messenger and one other. I'll stick with it for now and hoping it stays around and keeps working.
    Yaata is another SMS app that works well with the HUB.
    02-04-19 10:35 PM
    I have been using it since I started using android phones in 2015. I have tried some other messaging apps like the native android/google messages app but I always come back to textra. It's a good choice.
    02-04-19 10:44 PM

Sure about this? I am able to reply emails, messages in the hub without the related app opening. Since i have been using Keyone i don't remember opening gmail, yahoo or messenger to reply any email or messages. And neither does the hub open any of these. I simply open the message and click the reply symbol and off i shoot of my replies.
    Even when i need to compose new emails or messages i don't notice the particular app being opened.
    02-05-19 11:25 AM
    Sure about this? I am able to reply emails, messages in the hub without the related app opening. Since i have been using Keyone i don't remember opening gmail, yahoo or messenger to reply any email or messages. And neither does the hub open any of these. I simply open the message and click the reply symbol and off i shoot of my replies.
    Even when i need to compose new emails or messages i don't notice the particular app being opened.
    My statement / explanation was only referring to integrated apps, not emails for which Hub act as a client.

Any integrated app that allow "in-line reply" experience such as Textra for example opens up a widget within Hub from which the user can reply; this simulates an in-line reply experience.

This experience is not a result of an API integration and solely depends on how the integrated app is written; in other words, it has nothing to do with Hub.
    02-05-19 11:36 AM
    My statement / explanation was only referring to integrated apps, not emails for which Hub act as a client.

Any integrated app that allow "in-line reply" experience such as Textra for example opens up a widget within Hub from which the user can reply; this simulates an in-line reply experience.

This experience is not a result of an API integration and solely depends on how the integrated app is written; in other words, it has nothing to do with Hub.
    My bad.
    02-05-19 11:46 AM
    it seems a while back after some update direct reply of text messages was enabled from hub... no more...
    02-05-19 12:01 PM
    it seems a while back after some update direct reply of text messages was enabled from hub... no more...
    That's correct. It was limited in the total number of characters that can be sent and was available for SMS only.

It was rolled back due to many reported bugs.
    02-05-19 12:08 PM
    That's correct. It was limited in the total number of characters that can be sent and was available for SMS only.

It was rolled back due to many reported bugs.
    BBMob giveth, BBMob taketh away... lordy, lordy !!
    02-05-19 12:23 PM