I finally (finally) bit the bullet and purchased a KEYone to replace my Classic (not even necessarily because I wanted to- my Classic was just becoming a monster of dysfunction and glitchy weirdness)... Then, I inexplicably carried them both around for a few weeks, fiddling with the KEYone and its apps and stuff, while still keeping the Classic primarily in use...

Today, I did the actual SIM card honors.

And omg, this KEYone is driving me nuts so far!!!

Okay, sure- no doubt it's probably just a matter of getting accustomed to a trillion little changes, etc, but...... I forgot it could be even remotely this frustrating. To be honest, part of me feels like switching that SIM card right back and just not dealing with this stuff right now (kinda busy/stressed, as it is). But got to adapt eventually, I guess.

It just made me wonder if anyone else found themselves unexpectedly unnerved/exasperated/kinda overwhelmed switching to KEYone...and how long it took them to acclimate again.
    12-21-18 11:21 PM
    I finally (finally) bit the bullet and purchased a KEYone to replace my Classic (not even necessarily because I wanted to- my Classic was just becoming a monster of dysfunction and glitchy weirdness)... Then, I inexplicably carried them both around for a few weeks, fiddling with the KEYone and its apps and stuff, while still keeping the Classic primarily in use...

Today, I did the actual SIM card honors.

And omg, this KEYone is driving me nuts so far!!!

Okay, sure- no doubt it's probably just a matter of getting accustomed to a trillion little changes, etc, but...... I forgot it could be even remotely this frustrating. To be honest, part of me feels like switching that SIM card right back and just not dealing with this stuff right now (kinda busy/stressed, as it is). But got to adapt eventually, I guess.

It just made me wonder if anyone else found themselves unexpectedly unnerved/exasperated/kinda overwhelmed switching to KEYone...and how long it took them to acclimate again.
    Coming from BB10, the settings of the Android OS seems like it was done by a moron. Very illogical at times. You'll visit the internet just to try and figure out the most basic operations. Just remember that it's not just you. Haha.
    elfabio80 and cyberdoggie like this.
    12-22-18 12:00 AM
    I went from a Passport to a Key² and I found I adjusted fairly quickly. It took a while to get my settings and shortcuts sorted, but now I know where everything is and I've been used to it for a couple of months I'm fairly comfortable.
    12-22-18 04:50 AM
    android and it's notification settings... Yikeee... disgusting

Posted via CB10
    marshalla99 likes this.
    12-22-18 06:49 AM
    I switched from Q10 to Keyone. It was great that Cobalt made PS_Patcher for us to get google apps working, to a point, but I felt I needed Android for (relatively) important things I do on a smartphone and BB10 looked to be drying up.

Keyone is more powerful, almost too many apps, still being developed, and, unless I change my habits, I wouldn't go back.

I find, at times, Keyone is fragmented, functions hidden in unintuitive different places deep in the tree, and continually changing. Oreo gave me big problems and it's like Android Blackberry has yet to come out of beta. In some respects, it's difficult to adapt to a moving target. However, right now, I'm happy with it. Ask me again if/when I'm in the middle of something like what I went through with Oreo.
    12-22-18 07:39 AM
    It's been a year and I still hit the wrong buttons above the keyboard. There are some things that still really annoy me, but the increased convenience and functionality is great.
    12-22-18 07:46 AM
    android and it's notification settings... Yikeee... disgusting

Posted via CB10
    Yep, notifications was the hardest thing to get my head around, it's so utterly illogical. I'd get random beeps from God knows where for ages.

But the functionality with all the apps is a huge improvement day to day. I miss the fluidity of BB10, but overall it's better where I am now.
    12-22-18 07:52 AM
    It didn't take long. A couple of days. It's not rocket science.
    12-22-18 08:23 AM
    This Android does take some getting used to. Coming from Bold Passport Classic PRIV back to Passport then iPhone 8. The Android menus and sub menus drives me bonkers. I've had the K1 for almost a month and still have to carry my iPhone when I run into an issue on Android for something as simple as sending an attachment.

I'm trying to force myself to stick with the K1. As mentioned above I get phantom notifications that I can't track down, and I'm a phone fanatic but Android is driving me nuts as well.
    12-22-18 06:27 PM
    I’ve used Androids for years as dual carry. I switched from BB10 AT&T Passport to BBAndroid AT&T PRIV and to AT&T KEYone devices. In between I used both of the DTEK phones.

The main thing is putting away different OS and forcing yourself to learn the current OS for efficiency.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-22-18 07:01 PM
    Dealing with other keyboard Android devices like the Chacha, I knew the problems of Android. BB10 did fit to the keyboard much better than Android. However there are some settings you can do to make things quote good, like connecting instand typing with the search function instead of other things.
    12-26-18 07:17 AM
    Just got it too Xmas coming from a BBPSE [sideloaded whatsapp getting really buggy] for me it's been a day and just getting used to android ? I'm sure it will be fine but the Ads everywhere has been a revelation.... Already deleted an app as it caused an ad pop up when I ended a call on the home screen, the swipe to minimise I miss ..... But I remain determined to make it work
    12-26-18 08:31 AM