So the BlackBerry Passport screen also has some glue. in my case too much, that brings my screen a little bit out of the frame, but No problem here.

They Keyone has also glue but just to hold it in place for normal use. Also the metal of the keyone is thinner the the Passport and yes you can bend it with extreem force. Also I can remember that a bend test with a passport . The screen jumped out where they keyboard starts but didn't bend that much like the keyone.

I must say I was finished with this device and jump to early with conclussions, but remembering the passport bend test suddenly. I decided to watch it again and also the KEYone extreem bend test.

I saw the video back in slowmotion and watch it carefully and the guy use a lot of extreem bend from two side's , will not really happen in real life, maybe if two people fight for the last KEYone .

I also have a friends from BBM using the KEYone (selfridges) allready and he saw the video also after I send him this bend test. . His reply this morning that he forced it a little and did some pressure on the sofa and bend it inside his jeanspocket to force it to get bend with his knees, but nothing happens. Solid and he use the device without any cover. He said that guy is crazy to bend it like that, why kill a device like that.

So a picture from the test, and you can see the glue let lose but it's also not that much clue you see in the Passport SE. So is the device busted in extreem abuse YES, But wil you be busted to use it in normal life NO. The device is solid and why the .... is he burning his screen with a lighter, is that an American thing to burn everything down

KEYone has some glue to hold the screen-bending-extreem.jpg
    cespinal likes this.
    06-09-17 05:19 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bending extreem.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	211.9 KB 
ID:	424815
    His right hand index/3rd fingers are not pressing the screen, while his left hand fingers are pressing it a lot.
    And the display itself is bending.
    So its obvious, IMO, that in a case like that the screen will detach, also with the correct amount of glue.
    Nice find.
    06-09-17 05:47 AM
    All the apologists do realize that people have had numerous issues with the phone screen falling off without even a drop already right?

This forum loves to shoot down users who got screwed by manufacturing defects..
    06-09-17 05:51 AM
    the glue is thin on the keyone in this picture, bu like on the Passport screens. some where not straight with the metal frame like mine. it has too much glue and , but most where straight so lesser glue was used . Still extreem abuse always force something

Maybe the same case is with the KEYone that it could be that a device has lesser glue then another one but stull, let be honest this test is over the top and even if the glue is thin like a cupboard door strip that is on the edge of that door hold also for years and also if you use it every day 10 times. It's still there for many years .

So May opinion and for myself we all react too tense ,maybe because we all waiting that long and I agree with other people that all issues (few) are under a big telescoop, where iphone burns, not working after another update or has other issues we don't care, because in the end we care maybe about the brands name.
    06-09-17 05:57 AM
    Also before convincing yourself the screen is glued down you should realize they have to glue the glass to the digitizer. That doesn't mean the digitizer and glass is adhered to the frame...
    06-09-17 06:11 AM
    Yeah I don't get where you are seeing any adhesive. He's very thorough in his videos and there is no visible adhesive anywhere on the edges of the device after he removes the entire screen. Once he pops the bottom half out, the entire screen comes off with easily.

There are at least 10 cases of this happening on the forums, and its a guarantee that there will be more. Whether they are reported here or not doesn't change the fact that this is an issue. Whether its after 1 day of use or 6 months of use, there are going to be more cases of this happening.
    06-09-17 06:18 AM
    ofcourse he is very through- He bend the device with great force and that the is his job and he did the job well done. He is there to abuse the device no consumer with clear mind wil bend lit like that. It's like crashing a car against a 1- barrels of flamable liquid to see what will be left over.

Also if you watch the video at 5:04 the screen died (what did he do because before it was fine and he turn the device to bend in the other way around ) and he made the screen lose again, before he pressed the screen back to try to get the back side out of the device to do another bend. So it's easy to fix but not if you bend. 5:13 you can here he click back the screen somehowbut because it bend the screen doesn't fit that good anymore.

Here is bend from the iphone 7, also the glue let loose and is not water and dust resistance anymore. There seems also idiots on youtube drilling a hole into a iphone 7 to get there headset plug back.

KEYone has some glue to hold the screen-bend-iphone-7.jpg

or why this

KEYone has some glue to hold the screen-bend-like-beckham.jpg

or this ; ask him to test more devices before you buy one what test burning test ,Why?

KEYone has some glue to hold the screen-naamloos.jpg

Burning test is if you accidently switch your mobile with your sigaret and you wanted to light it.
    Last edited by whatsever; 06-09-17 at 08:33 AM.
    06-09-17 07:56 AM
    Here is bend from the iphone 7, also the glue let loose and is not water and dust resistance anymore.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bend iphone 7.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	424818
    Yet the iPhone does have glue on the screen. Way to miss the issue. How many people have to get caught up on the wrong point? The bending isn't the problem.
    eldeadache likes this.
    06-09-17 08:01 AM
    So I see screens shattered, break, getting half loose, glue issues and more and also on Samsung, Apple and more and still ask my self? what is the problem that people see this and think the device is bad? The guy filming this probarly has no respect of products and still don't no why he is burning the device screen? He is going for hits.

Are there really people doing this in normal use? seems so if you believe youtube

Here is a picture of the Passport Bend test, so did Passport users had jumping screens. NO because they are used normal and yes there are some users that had a loose screen, so this is not different from KEYone users is my quess at the moment.

So nothing to worry

KEYone has some glue to hold the screen-passport-bend-test.jpg
    06-09-17 08:09 AM
    Yes, little or no glue may be an issue.
    The reported pop-out cases, I think, are due to not only missing glue, but also to frame not enough firm on the display.
    About the missing/poor glue, the additional risk, yes, is moisture.
    Its also to be said that if moisture can get in, then moisture can evaporate?
    I really dont know the answer.
    Time will tell, I think.
    As a more than happy K1 owner, I'm not too concerned about my screen popping-out, or lifting.
    Already made some tests btw.
    But, yes, I'm really curious about how TCL will answer to the issue, specifically about the seal/moisture risk.

Edit:
    It is also true that moisture can get in also by keys...
    So, maybe this missing/poor glue is not an issue?
    Just thinking.
    06-09-17 08:24 AM
    CNET also tested the device and did some heavy drops and after ten times it wouldn't pop out, so they decided to use al the power to bend it , just to copy it. But the first 3 times it wasn't get off and finally the 4th bend they succeded.

So in daily use and drops the screen will hold
    donnation likes this.
    06-09-17 04:23 PM
    I think it's a testament to how good the KEYone is that it's biggest flaw is that you can bend it with ultra excessive force before the screen falls off.

I mean I'll take that over drawbacks such as the battery exploding, or the phone not having a headphone port or no removal storage.

I just gotta keep reminding myself not to try and snap my KeyOne in half 'cause I gotta admit it's nearly a daily occurrence for me, right between taking a morning selfie and having a game of Super Mario Run I do quite enjoy a surge of reckless attempted destruction of the device I paid £500 for.
    Last edited by The Chosen; 06-09-17 at 04:50 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-09-17 04:35 PM
    Also most devices get cracked or shattered glas, also the iphone 7 get loose from it's frame and losses it's water protection. So no big deal.

Also asked myself what is the use using a lighter to burn the screen?
    06-09-17 04:43 PM
    Also most devices get cracked or shattered glas, also the iphone 7 get loose from it's frame and losses it's water protection. So no big deal.

Also asked myself what is the use using a lighter to burn the screen?
    Come on man, everyone likes to to take a lighter to their phone screen every now and then for shíts and gigs.
    whatsever likes this.
    06-09-17 04:49 PM
    06-09-17 05:05 PM
    All the apologists do realize that people have had numerous issues with the phone screen falling off without even a drop already right?

This forum loves to shoot down users who got screwed by manufacturing defects..
    I don't think that is true. This forum shoots down users that raise hysteria by extrapolating their anecdotal experience to promote the assumption there are major systemic problems without the appropriate evidence (which would require total phones sold and return rates, something no one here has).
    06-09-17 09:12 PM
    I don't know whether to feel entertained or saddened by the stories of people bend testing their keyones to see if the screen pops out.

It's a phone, look after it, it has more plastic on the front than glass so it will do a lot better in drop tests than a majority of devices.

Yes one of the compromises of having a device that isn't almost entirely covered in glass is that it bends instead of shattering. It's pretty obvious when you think about it.

Needed to buy a heatgun to have a crack at fixing my privs screen.

Am hoping this is easier.
    06-09-17 10:48 PM
    CNET also tested the device and did some heavy drops and after ten times it wouldn't pop out, so they decided to use al the power to bend it , just to copy it. But the first 3 times it wasn't get off and finally the 4th bend they succeded.

So in daily use and drops the screen will hold
    Hopefully, but we have seen on this forum screen's coming off even before the initial video was posted, so something is going on in some people's "daily use" as you say.
    06-09-17 10:55 PM
    Come on man, everyone likes to to take a lighter to their phone screen every now and then for shíts and gigs.
    In some cases you can use a phone as a lighter
    kbz1960 and anon(3732391) like this.
    06-09-17 11:06 PM
    Of course it's an extreme bend test. That's the point.

So can you, OP, explain why some people here report screen detecting from short falls?

As a Nexus 6p user, I just wanted to welcome all the K1 owners to the Shelf of Shame.
    Last edited by cribble2k; 06-10-17 at 02:44 AM.
    06-09-17 11:29 PM
    the glue is thin on the keyone in this picture, bu like on the Passport screens. some where not straight with the metal frame like mine. it has too much glue and , but most where straight so lesser glue was used . Still extreem abuse always force something

Maybe the same case is with the KEYone that it could be that a device has lesser glue then another one but stull, let be honest this test is over the top and even if the glue is thin like a cupboard door strip that is on the edge of that door hold also for years and also if you use it every day 10 times. It's still there for many years .

So May opinion and for myself we all react too tense ,maybe because we all waiting that long and I agree with other people that all issues (few) are under a big telescoop, where iphone burns, not working after another update or has other issues we don't care, because in the end we care maybe about the brands name.
    You missed the whole point. The phone has many issues not just the screen. While bending a phone is never a good idea. The longer the device the easier it becomes. In a tight pocket, it will bend just a bit, than a little more. Just as the Apples did, his testing is sound. Brings outs many good points. But also shows that this phone is middle of he road to less than; when he said the same thing with I phones. The same thing happened, can't be......guys a nut job. In the end phones did bend and Apple was forced to replace them.
    06-10-17 07:59 AM
    I like tests, but these types of bending tests are done for the views. It's a phone. Don't put it where it can bend. How tight must the pocket of the pants be to bend the keyone, even in sitting position?

How about we have tests of how tight the pants are, until one's legs don't have blood circulation anymore?
    06-10-17 08:20 AM
    I like tests, but these types of bending tests are done for the views. It's a phone. Don't put it where it can bend. How tight must the pocket of the pants be to bend the keyone, even in sitting position?

How about we have tests of how tight the pants are, until one's legs don't have blood circulation anymore?
    CB members, like The_Q, had their screens pop out with hardly any force. Don't forget those.

The screen fixation isnt a constant factor. Some are good other are bad.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-10-17 08:27 AM
    I don't think that is true. This forum shoots down users that raise hysteria by extrapolating their anecdotal experience to promote the assumption there are major systemic problems without the appropriate evidence (which would require total phones sold and return rates, something no one here has).
    This response reminds me of the early days of the Q10 double typing issue. I do not recall BlackBerry ever making a public response.

It seems odd that BlackBerry would have designed a phone with this particular issue given their vast experience .

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 08:34 AM
    Just use screws like on the older BBYs

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-10-17 08:37 AM