it seems all you need for the locker room locker mode feature is a fingerprint scanner... so why doesn't the keyone have it? or is it coming? I take a lot of geotagged sensitive photos and it would be great to have them securely stored. A different sort of security need as I don't care if people see the photos but I still don't want them to have access to them.

I would hate to see bb mobile release new features in new devices only despite previous devices being hardware compatible... just simply not cool.
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 10-22-17 at 07:45 PM.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-21-17 09:46 PM
    Here is another one for you:

Seems like the Motion have what they call a 'smart convenient' key which allows you to launch multiple apps. Basically you press the button and three app icons appear from which the user can choose which app they want to launch.

Like it or not, what reason do they have not to include this feature in the KEYone?
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-21-17 09:53 PM
    I have had similar thoughts on both points mentioned above. Maybe BlackBerry Mobile will release these enhancements to the KEYone in a future software release?
    10-21-17 10:05 PM
    as much as it would be great to have, BlackBerry motion will likely not do it. they want to sell more phones.
    10-21-17 11:38 PM
    as much as it would be great to have, BlackBerry motion will likely not do it. they want to sell more phones.
    They sell and manufacture both phones so what's the difference?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-17 12:32 AM
    at lot of these blackberry distinctives are isolated into apps accessible via google play store such as DTEK, the Hub and the privacy shade, but I don't see apps made by blackberry for this feature. Is it a blackberry thing or is it a TCL thing?
    10-22-17 03:40 AM
    [...] I take a lot of geotagged sensitive photos and it would be great to have them securely stored. A different sort of security need as I don't care if people see the photos but I still don't want them to have access to them.

I would hate to see bb mobile release new features in new devices only despite previous devices being hardware compatible... just simply not cool.
    Would love if they would also bring back a classic BlackBerry cam feature:
    Toggle for Geo/Location details in the title, i.e. name of the city. More details about it here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...tched-1090413/

And a toggle for a date and time stamp feature is missing also:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...hotos-1054861/
    Would be interesting to have for a lot of professionals who don't want to always carry along a huge dslr cam.

As to the locker room (are you Donald Trump? LOL) locker mode feature: probably? it'll be introduced to the KeyOne: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13050805
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-22-17 09:33 AM
    As to the locker room (are you Donald Trump? LOL) locker mode feature: probably? it'll be introduced to the KeyOne: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13050805
    Lol I wasn't sure what it was officially named, I actually got it from a comment posted on cbk's recent podcast... I should have done some fact checking

Thanks for the link,seems to be confirmed by @Bla1ze that locker mode should make it to the KEYone

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 10-22-17 at 07:43 PM.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-22-17 10:03 AM
    Lol I wasn't sure what it was officially named, I actually got it from a comment posted on cbk's recent podcast... I should have done some fact checking

Thanks for the link,seems to be confirmed by @Bla1ze that locker mode should make it to the KEYone

Posted via CB10
    App showed up on last update for my KEYone BBB100-3 but I haven't tried it yet.
    12-31-17 12:05 PM
    What is the name of this app? I don't see it on my Sprint AAS441 version.
    01-01-18 06:33 AM
    Files, but Sprint didn't add it in their December patch because they suck.
    rolfep and FF22 like this.
    01-01-18 08:42 AM
    Here is another one for you:

Seems like the Motion have what they call a 'smart convenient' key which allows you to launch multiple apps. Basically you press the button and three app icons appear from which the user can choose which app they want to launch.

Like it or not, what reason do they have not to include this feature in the KEYone?
    I can't wrap my head around the fact that the best thing they can come up with dedicated hardware button is to be shortcut for app or apps. Absolutely no different than hitting home button and have those three apps on the first home screen. I'm not talking about solely BlackBerry here, many other manufacturers have hardware keys that don't do nothing.

How come no one thought of having Back, Home, Switcher as hardware buttons on a side of the device? This gives you an option to remove that ugly bottom footer that requires you to use both hands on anything bigger than 4.7"

People have been calling for one hand hardware pick up call end call buttons and yet no one offers it. Simple slider switch would have been sufficient to give people ability to pick up their calls one handed, not to take off glove to pick up a phone call etc.

Hardware assistance on modern Android is rubbish and unexplored horizon. We could go on how Android doesn't have universal app actions so hardware manufacturers can support third party apps but that is different topic altogether.
    01-01-18 03:11 PM
    People have been calling for one hand hardware pick up call end call buttons and yet no one offers it. Simple slider switch would have been sufficient to give people ability to pick up their calls one handed, not to take off glove to pick up a phone call etc.
    I have mine set to answer the call when I press the space bar, and end the call when I press the power button. I have Google Assistant set to the convenience key for easy voice use. No need to remove the glove, and I can use it all one-handed.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-01-18 04:10 PM
    I have mine set to answer the call when I press the space bar, and end the call when I press the power button. I have Google Assistant set to the convenience key for easy voice use. No need to remove the glove, and I can use it all one-handed.
    How did you achieve this configuration?
    01-01-18 04:29 PM
    I can't wrap my head around the fact that the best thing they can come up with dedicated hardware button is to be shortcut for app or apps. Absolutely no different than hitting home button and have those three apps on the first home screen. I'm not talking about solely BlackBerry here, many other manufacturers have hardware keys that don't do nothing.

How come no one thought of having Back, Home, Switcher as hardware buttons on a side of the device? This gives you an option to remove that ugly bottom footer that requires you to use both hands on anything bigger than 4.7"

Hardware assistance on modern Android is rubbish and unexplored horizon. We could go on how Android doesn't have universal app actions so hardware manufacturers can support third party apps but that is different topic altogether.
    Could not agree more! Android navigation is absolutely terrible and Apple for that matter isn't that much better either.

It's beyond me as to why manufacturers are not putting thought into improving platform navigation. It may very well be since OS keep getting updated in which case manufacturers fear their device become obsolete once that happens. Less of an issues with Apple but can certainly be an issue with Android.

Either way, there is no question that App / OS navigation has so much room for improvement.
    01-01-18 04:33 PM
    Accessibility options in the settings.
    01-01-18 07:10 PM
    Accessibility options in the settings.
    Love it!
    psychofox13 likes this.
    01-01-18 07:38 PM
    Great work around. People often don't realise the power of the accessibility features especially when you have so many physical keys that can be used.

Posted via CB10
    psychofox13 likes this.
    01-01-18 08:47 PM
    The space key option to answer calls must be new, I've wanted this for a while now. I knew about the power to end call and have been using that since the PRIV.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    01-01-18 08:59 PM
    After the OS update, then the camera has the feature and they add an app called "Locker" for viewing locker files.
    01-09-18 06:48 PM
    it seems all you need for the locker room locker mode feature is a fingerprint scanner... so why doesn't the keyone have it? or is it coming? I take a lot of geotagged sensitive photos and it would be great to have them securely stored. A different sort of security need as I don't care if people see the photos but I still don't want them to have access to them.

Check your apps with the latest update you may have it!!!
    01-10-18 03:22 AM
    Hopefully the next OS update will have these apps. My sprint aas441 k1 has neither files or locker app.
    01-10-18 06:01 AM
    Hopefully the next OS update will have these apps. My sprint aas441 k1 has neither files or locker app.
    Whether you get it or not will depend on Sprint (if it is locked to Sprint I suppose).
    01-10-18 06:05 AM
    Again, it looks to be dependent on Sprint for you... unlocked version CDMA has it since AAR970 last month.
    01-10-18 07:20 PM
    I have photos taken before the Locker app. how can I transfer those photos to locker?

right now, I only know how to take new photos and make them go to locker.
    C_McD likes this.
    01-10-18 08:24 PM
36 12