This KeyOne is going nuts. It was freezing a bit here and there. But over the lat 2-3 days it has become unusable.

It freezes.
    Keyboard becomes fully unresponsive.
    Touch screen is unresponsive.

Power button is unresponsive. Finally you let it rest and have to reboot to be able to get keyboard to work.

Apps are slow and laggy. Then suddenly everything works at once.

BBM, WhatsAoo and Facebook Messenger crash upon opening them. You can't even use them at this point.

The phone was a bit slow that last few months. But this sudden collapse just happened.

What is going on?

At this point this phone is basically garbage? Has anyone see this and been able to fix it?
    02-15-19 12:08 AM
    This KeyOne is going nuts. It was freezing a bit here and there. But over the lat 2-3 days it has become unusable.

It freezes.
    Keyboard becomes fully unresponsive.
    Touch screen is unresponsive.

Power button is unresponsive. Finally you let it rest and have to reboot to be able to get keyboard to work.

Apps are slow and laggy. Then suddenly everything works at once.

BBM, WhatsAoo and Facebook Messenger crash upon opening them. You can't even use them at this point.

The phone was a bit slow that last few months. But this sudden collapse just happened.

What is going on?

At this point this phone is basically garbage? Has anyone see this and been able to fix it?
    Do a factory reset.
    02-15-19 12:20 AM
    Do a factory reset.
    the phone is currently on vacation with the user, and we can't do a factory reet until its back home because of stuff that requires text verification, and their SMS isnt working while out of town.

Is this a known issue? is this happening to other KeyOne users?
    02-15-19 12:23 AM
    the phone is currently on vacation with the user, and we can't do a factory reet until its back home because of stuff that requires text verification, and their SMS isnt working while out of town.

It's probably some garbage apps running in the background. It may happen, it's the same like if you have too many background processes in Windows or so. Factory reset once it's lifetime is sometimes necessary.
    02-15-19 12:27 AM

The user did something, although it's hard to guess what.
    02-15-19 12:30 AM
    It's probably some garbage apps running in the background. It may happen, it's the same like if you have too many background processes in Windows or so. Factory reset once it's lifetime is sometimes necessary.
    I will try the factory reset.

How do I back up and restore text conersations and whatsapp conversations? Is that possible?
    02-15-19 12:34 AM

How do I back up and restore text conersations and whatsapp conversations? Is that possible?
    There are apps for that.
    02-15-19 12:37 AM

Just use Google and search "backup conversations and whatsapp on Android 8".
    02-15-19 12:51 AM
    I had the same problem. It is because the K1 doesn't have enough memory. I uninstalled the Facebook app and my problems went away. I am not happy about that but it made the device usable. I have to use Facebook in the browser. Closing the app is not enough because it runs in the background.
    02-15-19 02:51 AM
    Why not try Facebook lite? It is much lighter than the full app.
    02-15-19 03:31 AM
    Do a factory reset.
    Even for factory reset it won't take any action! My worst phone ever!
    02-15-19 11:03 AM
    Even for factory reset it won't take any action! My worst phone ever!
    What does "it won't take my action" mean?
    02-15-19 11:24 AM
    What does "it won't take my action" mean?
    I press reset phone and it states "erasing data from SD card" . No SD card in the phone though. It is stuck with this notification and when I touch the screen, the phone works like nothing is happening "reset" . All apps are there nothing is happening!
    02-15-19 11:31 AM
    I press reset phone and it states "erasing data from SD card" . No SD card in the phone though. It is stuck with this notification and when I touch the screen, the phone works like nothing is happening "reset" . All apps are there nothing is happening!
    OK. Use the Mobile Upgrade Tool on your PC instead:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-tool-1117513/
    02-15-19 11:32 AM
    OK. Use the Mobile Upgrade Tool on your PC instead:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-tool-1117513/
    Thanks I will try
    02-15-19 11:39 AM
    Why not try Facebook lite? It is much lighter than the full app.
    The facebook replacement "Metal" has FB, Messenger, and Twitter (optional) all in one light weight app.
    02-15-19 12:50 PM
    My k1 is acting very strange and crazy as well im gonna make a thread on it later. see what other k1 users are experiencing
    02-15-19 11:32 PM