While I am very happy to own this incredible device, I encountered some sluggishness.
    Opening recently opened apps, launching new app, even pressing the square button.
    Is it only me or some of you fellow user also experience this?
    Appreciate your comments and advices.
    12-29-17 12:30 AM
    There are lots threads on this already. Just look some up in the search menu.
    12-29-17 12:35 AM
    While I am very happy to own this incredible device, I encountered some sluggishness.
    Opening recently opened apps, launching new app, even pressing the square button.
    Try clearing the cache in Settings -> Storage -> -> Internal storage - > tap on Cached data and clear it
    Then reboot the phone, see if that helps
    12-29-17 02:38 AM
    thanks. just found some tips in this forums.
    cleared the cache and disable hub.
    Now it is much better.
    FF22 and Byrese like this.
    12-29-17 03:46 AM
    even if I clear the cache, refreshing of recently opened apps is quite annoying (I can work without refreshing in maybe 3 recent apps, not more, which is not great)

I would hope that with 3 GB ram it can hold more apps in memory without need to refresh them
    12-29-17 07:59 AM
    Now it is much better.
    Such a shame that other phones with these specifications fly.

This phone could be amazing if Blackberry pumped more resources into optimising the software.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-29-17 10:36 AM
    Such a shame that other phones with these specifications fly.

This phone could be amazing if Blackberry pumped more resources into optimising the software.
    True. I'm also just noticed that aside from the above two steps it would be helpful to go into the background apps menu in settings and optimize every app. In other words, make sure that no unnecessary or useless apps are running in the background.
    12-29-17 11:53 AM
    My sluggishness was caused by my sdcard. Phone would take a few extra seconds to wake from sleep, close apps etc. I removed it and problem fixed. Replaced my old sdcard with a newer one, no issues. Something to think about.
    FF22 and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-29-17 12:20 PM
    mine is BBB100-7. May be due to bloatware. not sure though.
    12-29-17 01:45 PM
    Oh my God that cached data tip... phone is flying! Why doesn't it do it automatically?
    FF22 likes this.
    12-29-17 02:13 PM
    True. I'm also just noticed that aside from the above two steps it would be helpful to go into the background apps menu in settings and optimize every app. In other words, make sure that no unnecessary or useless apps are running in the background.
    Unfortunately, aren't most of those Google-related which cannot be uninstalled or disabled?

Thanks.

Pete
    AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    12-29-17 02:18 PM
    Oh my God that cached data tip... phone is flying! Why doesn't it do it automatically?
    Ya it helps! Now...if you really want it to fly erase the productivity tab, BB Hub + Services, and Hub. I did that once and it was like a stock Google phone in terms of performance. But if you did then it wouldn't be a Blackberry though.
    Narke likes this.
    12-29-17 02:19 PM
    Because there is no hard rule for when to clear it. The cache actually speeds up the phone until it doesn't.

I typically don't let it go above 800MB.

The other tip is to reduce the 3 animation speeds to 0.5x in the developer settings.
    12-29-17 02:20 PM
    Unfortunately, aren't most of those Google-related which cannot be uninstalled or disabled?

Thanks.

Pete
    AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    Nope. Every app can run in the background and by default all of them do. You have to manually optimize them. I'm not talking about system stuff...im talking about apps.
    12-29-17 02:27 PM
    Now it is much better.
    Clearing cache certainly helps. The hub thing is debatable. I've had hub running since day one and never encountered lag.
    12-29-17 02:31 PM
    I read in an article that Android Oreo is supposed to have a feature that manages the cache for you. Knowing how I am, I would still be checking to make sure because I'm so used to doing it myself.

I just schedule to do it on Sunday nights every week.
    12-29-17 02:37 PM
    Also such a shame that the app that takes so much resources and makes the phone sluggish is blackberry stock home app, which you can freely disable and use something else from playstore.
    12-30-17 12:53 AM
    No wonder as the original KEYone only has 3 GB of internal RAM. The Black Edition has 4 GB and that makes quite a difference. I noticed that my average memory use is about 3.2 GB. If the phone does not have sufficient RAM it starts to reload apps when you open them and that leads to the sluggish impression of things. I find it incredible that the original KEYone was not released with 4 GB RAM, which has become somewhat of a standard in 2017 and in particular at this price point.
    12-30-17 02:40 AM
    Try clearing the cache in Settings -> Storage -> -> Internal storage - > tap on Cached data and clear it
    This made a huge difference in my phone! Thanks for this tip. I will do this every week or so to keep the responsiveness high.
    dollface likes this.
    12-30-17 10:35 AM
    Should we clear all the items on the Internal Shared Storage screen, or just the Cached Data?
    12-30-17 10:59 AM
    Should we clear all the items on the Internal Shared Storage screen, or just the Cached Data?
    Just cached data
    dollface likes this.
    12-30-17 11:52 AM
    Does disabling the hub make such a difference. I really like it how it manages my e-mails. Is it worth to disable it and install other email client?
    12-30-17 12:15 PM
    No wonder as the original KEYone only has 3 GB of internal RAM. The Black Edition has 4 GB and that makes quite a difference. I noticed that my average memory use is about 3.2 GB. If the phone does not have sufficient RAM it starts to reload apps when you open them and that leads to the sluggish impression of things. I find it incredible that the original KEYone was not released with 4 GB RAM, which has become somewhat of a standard in 2017 and in particular at this price point.
    Ya the Black Edition is nice. I have the silver one. But I think Android just uses a lot if RAM. My phone for example is usually around 2.2 or 2.3 gigs of RAM usage. That seems comparable to your 3.2 usage.
    12-30-17 12:15 PM
    Ya the Black Edition is nice. I have the silver one. But I think Android just uses a lot if RAM. My phone for example is usually around 2.2 or 2.3 gigs of RAM usage. That seems comparable to your 3.2 usage.
    Android is designed to use its available ram.
    12-30-17 12:18 PM
    Does disabling the hub make such a difference. I really like it how it manages my e-mails. Is it worth to disable it and install other email client?
    Oh yes it does! I did it for a day and my RAM usage hovered around 1.8. It was flying.

I think you really have to decide if you want a more true Blackberry experience. If so then be like me and keep the Hub, Productivity Tab, and BB Hub + Services. If not delete/deactivate them and your phone will really fly.
    12-30-17 12:18 PM
53 123