06-14-17 12:55 PM
40 12
tools
    Well your cursor is not going to be in the text box all the time correct? Plus how about activating long-press shortcuts within other apps, I doubt you keep a key pressed long enough while typing to activate the short-cut ... So it probably can make sense to allow short cuts from other apps.
    04-29-17 04:34 PM
    Well your cursor is not going to be in the text box all the time correct? Plus how about activating long-press shortcuts within other apps, I doubt you keep a key pressed long enough while typing to activate the short-cut ... So it probably can make sense to allow short cuts from other apps.
    Long press while typing to get capital letters? Unless they took that out?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-29-17 05:42 PM
    Right - I forgot about the long-press for capital letters (Don't tend to use it much, so skipped my mind). Nonetheless, what about when you're not on the text box?
    04-29-17 05:57 PM
    They NEED these swipe gestures. Getting into any app from anywhere on the phone is extremely important, especially if they want to grab BB10 users.
    04-30-17 05:00 AM
    I am just curious why they were left out. I know some people might never use this functionality, but I use it daily. I am assuming the aurora which has android n also doesn't have the swipe up gestures.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 06:51 PM
    Honestly, I think the KEYone was designed in a time when capacitive keys were still the norm on Android and they never got rid of them. It shouldn't be so difficult if the keys were software based because they already have the feature on the DTEKs and Priv. But since they're not software based, it probably requires an overhaul on these new keys and it obviously (and wrongly) was not on the top of their priority list to somehow program it in.
    04-30-17 07:06 PM
    If they needed to remove something, would have preferred keeping the home swipe feature and get rid of the productivity tab. Best option is to keep both and let the user turn on or off the functions.
    04-30-17 09:32 PM
    If they needed to remove something, would have preferred keeping the home swipe feature and get rid of the productivity tab. Best option is to keep both and let the user turn on or off the functions.
    I've actually find the productivity tab more useful since they updated it, but I agree. The gesture of swiping to the right to open the hub is easily one of the things I do the most on my Priv.

Hard to tell how much it's going to be missed until I have my KeyOne. Could just set the H key to open the Hub I guess.
    05-01-17 06:51 PM
    I've actually find the productivity tab more useful since they updated it, but I agree. The gesture of swiping to the right to open the hub is easily one of the things I do the most on my Priv.

Hard to tell how much it's going to be missed until I have my KeyOne. Could just set the H key to open the Hub I guess.
    It's not the same. That only works from the home screen. The gesture swipe works everywhere.
    05-01-17 07:41 PM
    It's not the same. That only works from the home screen. The gesture swipe works everywhere.
    If the productivity tab is still there, you can see your mail on there too. Not the same either, but at least you can open that from any app.
    05-01-17 07:47 PM
    If the productivity tab is still there, you can see your mail on there too. Not the same either, but at least you can open that from any app.
    Yeah, I do agree that the productivity tab has improved immensely from its original iteration, but the gestures are much more flexible. My dream setup would be Google now swipe left, rolodex/grid multi-task swipe up, and hub swipe right.

You can make ANYthing come up with gesture swipes, not just emails, contacts, calendar, or notes.
    berry_f30 likes this.
    05-01-17 07:53 PM
    It's not just about the swipe right to open the hub, it's also about the other 2 swipes (center and left) I can assign any apps to open and it makes going between apps easier. Also, as was stated below the keyboard shortcuts can't be used when you are in an app, but the swipe gestures can.

I am curious if they can't add this feature because of the Keyone, android n or they removed it. If the dteks get updated to n would this feature also be missing?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 07:59 PM
    It's not just about the swipe right to open the hub, it's also about the other 2 swipes (center and left)
    I don't use the left (phone) or right (hub) hardly at all but the center (lock screen) is the business.
    05-01-17 08:47 PM
    I am just curious why they were left out. I know some people might never use this functionality, but I use it daily. I am assuming the aurora which has android n also doesn't have the swipe up gestures.

Posted via CB10
    I think it's actually a Nougat thing...
    05-02-17 12:05 PM
    now with the Keyone for 2 days, I am really missing the swipe feature from the home (circle button) as it was very useful on my Priv. I am hoping on a SW release they put it back. It is annoying to hit the home button and Google assistant comes on instead of the swipe.
    Wayne_Enterprises likes this.
    06-14-17 12:55 PM
40 12