Will the KeyOne have gesture where you swipe up on the home button like on the PRIV to get to Hub or other apps? I noticed it seems to have capacitive android buttons so I wondered if it would work. Also is that gesture useful with you Priv users? Thanks
    04-20-17 03:54 PM
    According to Alex Thurber, yes.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-20-17 03:57 PM
    Thanks for the response! I hoping for it so it saves some space for other apps on the screen and help give a BB10 like feel.
    04-20-17 04:29 PM
    Thanks for the response! I hoping for it so it saves some space for other apps on the screen and help give a BB10 like feel.
    Yep, I'm basically going to put any apps launched using any of the available shortcuts (swipe up, convenience key, keyboard shortcuts) into a folder and hide it away so not to have a bunch of icons cluttering everything...

04-20-17 08:08 PM
    So true almost forgot all the shortcuts from the physical keyboard.
    04-20-17 11:35 PM
    Looks like it might not have the gestures PRIV had after all. Swipe up on home button for left, center, and right shortcuts. Didn't see it on Crackberry's guide.

Can anyone confirm this?
    04-27-17 07:11 PM
    I hope they are there. That would suck if they got rid of that for some reason... We will have to all harass Alex Thurber if not because he claimed it would be there himself...
    04-27-17 07:51 PM
    Looks like it might not have the gestures PRIV had after all. Swipe up on home button for left, center, and right shortcuts. Didn't see it on Crackberry's guide.

Can anyone confirm this?
    Yes, it's in the PDF User Guide on Page 12:

Swipe to access shortcuts
    You can use a swipe gesture to access up to three shortcuts from anywhere on your device. You can swipe to open an app,
    speed dial a number, send a message, and more. By default, you can swipe to open the BlackBerry Device Search app, the
    Phone, and the BlackBerry Hub, but you can change the swipe shortcuts in the device settings.
    bbslide likes this.
    04-27-17 08:08 PM
    Yes, it's in the PDF User Guide on Page 12:

Swipe to access shortcuts
    You can use a swipe gesture to access up to three shortcuts from anywhere on your device. You can swipe to open an app,
    speed dial a number, send a message, and more. By default, you can swipe to open the BlackBerry Device Search app, the
    Phone, and the BlackBerry Hub, but you can change the swipe shortcuts in the device settings.
    *phew*

Thanks for this man. It's one of my most wanted features of DroidBerry...
    04-27-17 08:27 PM
    Thanks guys this will be an easy buy for me now. Just a month left
    Saurabh Poddar likes this.
    04-27-17 10:53 PM
    Thanks guys this will be an easy buy for me now. Just a month left
    Eh, not so fast, now getting confirmation from people with release units that they are indeed gone. Seems to be something to do with Nougat... We need to bring up our concerns to them on social media. Maybe they will work to get it to work.

bbslide likes this.
    04-28-17 11:47 AM
    I like to use the swipe up and right to lock my phone. A quick swipe and she's ready to go back in my pocket. Have a shortcut set onscreen to put the phone on vibrate. Saves on wear on the power button and volume rockers
    04-28-17 12:07 PM
    I like to use the swipe up and right to lock my phone. A quick swipe and she's ready to go back in my pocket. Have a shortcut set onscreen to put the phone on vibrate. Saves on wear on the power button and volume rockers
    Stop making me sad, lol. I hope they add it back in a future update. We need to harass them on facebook and twitter.

04-28-17 12:48 PM
    The swipe shortcuts are one of my most used features. Right is hub Center is web search and Left phone dialer. Has anyone tried to contact anyone on why this feature is gone? Maybe Kevin or Blaze can chime in.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 01:10 PM
    Stop making me sad, lol. I hope they add it back in a future update. We need to harass them on facebook and twitter.

Reading the article from The Register.. the "Hot diggity damn" one. it confirms they do NOT have the swipe gestures.

If they bring it back, I think they should implement it as swipe gestures from the SPACE BAR!

Also, from reading other posts and first impression videos on youtube, I'd like to see them implement a swipe down from homescreen -and/or- the keyboard to bring down the notification tab.

I would also like to add, that I would absolutely LOVE a swipe up to access the app drawer (either on the screen, or on the keyboard) instead of having a dedicated icon for that and wasting screen real estate.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-28-17 03:38 PM
    The swipe shortcuts are one of my most used features. Right is hub Center is web search and Left phone dialer. Has anyone tried to contact anyone on why this feature is gone? Maybe Kevin or Blaze can chime in.

Posted via CB10
    Have you taken a look at how fragmented the software is on their dtek and priv?

There is obviously something about android that makes it a bit harder than you might think.
    04-28-17 06:27 PM
    Maybe Kevin or Blaze can chime in.
    It's not there. It was presumed to be coming at some point but that was never an official comment nor is it now. Personally speaking, I can see why some people would be upset it's not there but at the same time, having used the KEYone without them, I can't really see them being a necessary thing.

I think for some folks, it would actually be a problem given where the home button is but alas, that's a personal thing. In any case, I hope they do add them eventually for the sake of those who do want them. It's always better to have the option and make it something that can be turned off then leave it out entirely.
    04-28-17 06:35 PM
    It's not there. It was presumed to be coming at some point but that was never an official comment nor is it now. Personally speaking, I can see why some people would be upset it's not there but at the same time, having used the KEYone without them, I can't really see them being a necessary thing.

I think for some folks, it would actually be a problem given where the home button is but alas, that's a personal thing. In any case, I hope they do add them eventually for the sake of those who do want them. It's always better to have the option and make it something that can be turned off then leave it out entirely.
    I assume the shortcuts that can be put on the screen are still there though. I had the screen lock shortcut on my screen before I put it on the swipe shortcuts. I was just looking for something to put on there that fit for me and the screen lock was it. It was fine on the screen
    04-28-17 08:35 PM
    I assume the shortcuts that can be put on the screen are still there though. I had the screen lock shortcut on my screen before I put it on the swipe shortcuts. I was just looking for something to put on there that fit for me and the screen lock was it. It was fine on the screen
    Yeah, the icon based shortcut is certainly still there. I'm just referring to the 3 swipe gesture ones. Plus, the keyboard one where you 'K' key..that works to lock the screen as well.
    04-28-17 08:38 PM

Can anyone confirm this?
    No biggie, wasn't a huge fan of them on the priv and the implementation could be better, love to some sort of 'peek' on the left but that's where google assistant is now right?

Either way, Get rid of the app drawer button put the hub shortcut there instead and allow the convenience key to be your quick access. Swipe up to the app drawer as done on the pixel.

For me, I don't even care about the app drawer. Have an option to disable and allow for a swipe up to hub. I want it to feel as integrated as google assistant is.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 08:42 PM

I hope they can too but, I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

No reason for it to have been coded already and then they suddenly can't do it, only to bring it back later... either it's doable or it is not, like picture password on the dtek50.

Moreover, if they have problems with it upgrading to nougat, let's say they bring it back, what's going to happen with the next os update.

Android is not a good os at all, it just got lucky.

I haven't upgraded my s7 to nougat because of all the problems people have been reporting.
    04-28-17 10:52 PM
    Yeah, the icon based shortcut is certainly still there. I'm just referring to the 3 swipe gesture ones. Plus, the keyboard one where you 'K' key..that works to lock the screen as well.
    Having the K key or the onscreen shortcuts either way would be fine. The way I set up the swipe just ended up being about the only way I would use it regularly. Sounds to me like don't need the swipes really on the k1
    04-29-17 11:40 AM
    Reading the article from The Register.. the "Hot diggity damn" one. it confirms they do NOT have the swipe gestures.

If they bring it back, I think they should implement it as swipe gestures from the SPACE BAR!

Also, from reading other posts and first impression videos on youtube, I'd like to see them implement a swipe down from homescreen -and/or- the keyboard to bring down the notification tab.

I would also like to add, that I would absolutely LOVE a swipe up to access the app drawer (either on the screen, or on the keyboard) instead of having a dedicated icon for that and wasting screen real estate.
    I would like to see those gestures as well. Do you know if it's possible to open the notification tab with the convenience key?
    04-29-17 12:20 PM
    Bla1ze - can the keyboard shortcuts be used on any screen or just the home screen? If they don't have the swipe gestures, it'd be great to have the option to use keyboard short cuts to switch apps/perform actions. Thanks in advance.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-29-17 02:58 PM
    Bla1ze - can the keyboard shortcuts be used on any screen or just the home screen? If they don't have the swipe gestures, it'd be great to have the option to use keyboard short cuts to switch apps/perform actions. Thanks in advance.
    Well, unfortunately it wouldn't make any sense for keyboard shortcuts to work within apps because then you'd be launching things left and right when you're trying to type something in an app, lol.

04-29-17 03:24 PM
40 12