Good afternoon folks!

I've seen a few threads discussing Freedom Mobile, but they've focused on LTE coverage.

I'm wondering, first of all, when will I be able to purchase an unlocked KEYone from Blackberry Mobile, or Amazon/Best Buy, in Canada?

Secondly and more importantly - Does the KEYone work on the Freedom network? I don't care about LTE, regular 3G/4G is fine for me (I don't stream music or videos on my phone).

Thank you!
    06-05-17 06:19 PM
    Good afternoon folks!

I've seen a few threads discussing Freedom Mobile, but they've focused on LTE coverage.

I'm wondering, first of all, when will I be able to purchase an unlocked KEYone from Blackberry Mobile, or Amazon/Best Buy, in Canada?

Secondly and more importantly - Does the KEYone work on the Freedom network? I don't care about LTE, regular 3G/4G is fine for me (I don't stream music or videos on my phone).

Thank you!

I am with Freedom and have had many BlackBerry devices that have worked on their network now and in the past when it was Wind.

The LTE bands aren't being supported by the new Keyone but I am almost positive your device will work on their hspa+ network. My unlocked devices such as Passport, Classic and Q10 have all worked without any issues.

Good luck and enjoy the device!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 06:27 PM
    I am with Freedom and have had many BlackBerry devices that have worked on their network now and in the past when it was Wind.

The LTE bands aren't being supported by the new Keyone but I am almost positive your device will work on their hspa+ network. My unlocked devices such as Passport, Classic and Q10 have all worked without any issues.

Good luck and enjoy the device!

Posted via CB10
    I am using it on Freedom network. Only thing of note for me is the signal quality is definitely poor compared to my last device BBPPSE. I have missed calls with my phone on the kitchen table upstairs. Hope this will be resolved in future updates. #noregretsyet
    06-05-17 08:49 PM
    it will definitely work with freedom/wind mobile (but no LTE as others have pointed out)

a customer made a video of him unlocking a rogers keyone to use with freedom/wind

FF22 likes this.
    06-05-17 08:51 PM
    I am using it on Freedom network. Only thing of note for me is the signal quality is definitely poor compared to my last device BBPPSE. I have missed calls with my phone on the kitchen table upstairs. Hope this will be resolved in future updates. #noregretsyet
    Where are you located? I know their network works better in some areas than others... Toronto/Edmonton is what I'm mainly concerned with.
    06-06-17 01:28 PM
    I am just in sherwood park next to edmonton
    06-06-17 07:04 PM
    Good afternoon folks!

Thank you!
    Will definitely work on Freedom 3G but not LTE.

As for unlocked availability in Canada, all we know is "June". Frustrating but it is what it is.
    06-06-17 10:09 PM
    That's just their crappy network. I moved to them from Rogers and I kinda regret it. Parts of my apartment are now dead zones where before they used to be just fine. I'm in the middle of Vancouver which is their best covered zone and still it sucks. I feel bad for people anywhere outside their coverage area. I save a ton of money but at what cost?

And despite what their reps say, it's not because of my phone. My girlfriend has a Galaxy S7 I bought from them outright and she has the exact same dead zones. When I told them that they were basically speechless. They're just a poor carrier.
    Last edited by Shifty88; 10-09-17 at 09:34 AM.
    09-12-17 11:45 AM