just another way to sell devices now a days with sales in the dumps this small discount discount could really help sales.
    Promotions are a critical component of marketing. A "flash sale" like this is based on the assumption that there is significant demand that can be stimulated by a modest, but time-limited, reduction in price. It fosters a sense of urgency among prospective buyers who already desire the device, but have not yet "pulled the trigger" to buy it. Generally the goal is to accelerate some sales that would have occurred eventually and secure some sales from buyers who might postpone their purchase indefinitely and be lost to a competing device.

Generally, a price-based promotion will not entice someone to buy an item they don't already desire anyway, but it can motivate hesitant buyers to take action.
    Posted with my trusty Z10
    phuoc and FF22 like this.
    10-20-17 08:33 AM
    Let the discounting begin!!
    10-20-17 10:24 AM
    Promotions are a critical component of marketing. A "flash sale" like this is based on the assumption that there is significant demand that can be stimulated by a modest, but time-limited, reduction in price. It fosters a sense of urgency among prospective buyers who already desire the device, but have not yet "pulled the trigger" to buy it. Generally the goal is to accelerate some sales that would have occurred eventually and secure some sales from buyers who might postpone their purchase indefinitely and be lost to a competing device.

Generally, a price-based promotion will not entice someone to buy an item they don't already desire anyway, but it can motivate hesitant buyers to take action.
    It worked on me, it got me off the fence.
    10-20-17 11:05 AM
    I'm pretty sure I'll never get the silver KeyOne since it's uglier, lower spec and seems to suffer from build quality issues.

In every respect the Black special edition seems to better but is it worth $900? Not to me. When Passports were going for $600 I thought that was on the expensive side as well (but not overpriced since that was a good price for a flagship device).

But the KeyOne is neither flagship nor a good price which makes it more than expensive, it's clearly overpriced.
    10-20-17 11:33 AM
    I'm pretty sure I'll never get the silver KeyOne since it's uglier, lower spec and seems to suffer from build quality issues.

In every respect the Black special edition seems to better but is it worth $900? Not to me. When Passports were going for $600 I thought that was on the expensive side as well (but not overpriced since that was a good price for a flagship device).

But the KeyOne is neither flagship nor a good price which makes it more than expensive, it's clearly overpriced.
    I paid full price on May 31st and have had nearly five months of KEYone goodness. Sure beats going without it and complaining.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure, and utterly satisfying mobile device
    10-20-17 12:25 PM
    I'm not complaining and while I'm going without it, I feel like I'm on a device that's better built and more unique...my Red BlackBerry Passport. Plus I got it for a 1/3 of the price of the Black KeyOne.

But in certain instances I don't mind overpaying. It all depends how much I value the item. It's not that I can't afford it, it's that I value it differently than you.

You value it higher and if it makes you happy, more power to you. Thanks for helping to keep BlackBerry afloat.
    10-20-17 01:53 PM
    It worked on me, it got me off the fence.
    Congratulations on your purchase. I hope you enjoy it!

10-20-17 03:30 PM
    Thanks, looking forward to it!
    10-20-17 03:37 PM
    Apple just cut the production of the iPhone 8 in half due to lack of sales they will also need to reduce the price to help sales. There are way too many smartphones on the market for everyone to have banner sales. At least the ketone has its own niche with the physical keyboard which will help sales.
    phuoc likes this.
    10-20-17 04:44 PM
34 12