About 3mths ago my battery started draining quickly even when the phone was not in use. I can't even leave the phone uncharged through the night without it dying. This never used to happen. I looked at the battery usage percentages and my "phone idle" is a tremendous percent. This is new.

Sometimes my K1 gets very hot without any apps open. I have to restart to stop the heating.

Any idea what's going on and how to solve?
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone - Fast Battery Drain - Phone Idle Issue-43464.jpg  
    Last edited by 1980Called; 07-07-18 at 12:23 AM.
    07-06-18 11:54 PM
    About 3mths ago my battery started draining quickly even when the phone was not in use. I can't even leave the phone uncharged through the night without it dying. This never used to happen. I looked at the battery usage percentages and my "phone idle" is a tremendous percent. This is new.

Sometimes my K1 gets very hot without any apps open. I have to restart to stop the heating.

Any idea what's going on and how to solve?
    The screen normally uses a lot of power but you must have it very bright for it to use that much power. You might try turning the brightness down. Also, while phone-idle have people wondering what it is, yours seems a bit high.

Next, try the 32+ second reboot. Press and HOLD the Power On button for 32+ seconds, ignoring the screen and any sounds or vibrations and then let it reboot.
    anon(2695703) likes this.
    07-07-18 01:08 AM
    The screen normally uses a lot of power but you must have it very bright for it to use that much power. You might try turning the brightness down. Also, while phone-idle have people wondering what it is, yours seems a bit high.

Next, try the 32+ second reboot. Press and HOLD the Power On button for 32+ seconds, ignoring the screen and any sounds or vibrations and then let it reboot.
    Yes to FF22.

Other ideas:
    - clear the cache
    - check the activity of social networking apps
    - use DTEK to make sure nothing has permission to be active in background
    FF22 and Peter Cochrane like this.
    07-07-18 01:57 AM
    Yes to FF22.

Other ideas:
    - clear the cache
    - check the activity of social networking apps
    - use DTEK to make sure nothing has permission to be active in background
    Thanks for the suggestions. I believe this issues might have started when I installed a backup software. It drained my battery so I Uninstaller it, but the battery drain continued. I've looked at dtek to see if it was still running but it doesn't show it to be present.
    07-07-18 12:02 PM
    BTW, I don't have any social apps installed.
    07-07-18 12:02 PM
    BTW, I don't have any social apps installed.
    I saw the same issues starting about the same time frame and it only happens when i'm on wifi. If you can, turn wifi off when you aren't using it and see if that makes a difference. My solution was to use an autoloader to rollback to an older version which took care of it.
    07-07-18 12:08 PM
    Apps. Some apps cause your problem.
    07-09-18 06:55 AM
    How do I check DTEK to make sure nothing has permission to be active in the background?
    07-23-18 11:55 AM