As a reply from BlackBerry shown in the screenshot below, it's official. No more updates.
    Attached Thumbnails Keyone is EOL, no future updates...-screenshot_20190701-102252-2.jpg  
    John Albert and Simon6333 like this.
    07-01-19 03:25 AM
    As a reply from BlackBerry shown in the screenshot below, it's official. No more updates.
    Thank God.
    valer466 and pedrogari like this.
    07-01-19 04:40 AM
    Some of us were already EOL with our K1 lol! Thanks Verizon.
    arif b santoso and zephyr613 like this.
    07-01-19 07:50 AM
    Well ABU380, ABV903, ABX921, ABY391 did come after ABTXXX....

But yes.. I think the KEYone's security patches have come to an end.
    07-01-19 08:03 AM
    So it is official- two years only
    07-01-19 08:22 AM
    So it is official- two years only
    That was always the official support window....
    07-01-19 08:24 AM
    I have one too that says the opposite. I don't give either any weight.
    07-01-19 08:26 AM
    I wish TCL had better communications and clear PR messages.
    rthonpm and Andrew Poderis like this.
    07-01-19 08:42 AM
    I wish TCL had better communications and clear PR messages.
    Up until a few months ago.... the KEYone update window was clearly 2 Years, as I've pointed it out on a number of occasions since the Android Recommended program went into effect over a year ago.

Then again when rumblings started to indicate the KEYone would not get PIE....

Was just before the last update was issued that the removed the 2 Year promise... which is strange and it would seem to backup what they are doing.
    07-01-19 08:52 AM
    I got a tablet that I use daily that hasn't got an update since 2017. Haven't had an issue with it since. It's stuck on Nougat but still works fine. That's the same way I will approach my keyone. It's not the end of the world.

I don't work for the government and don't require the latest security updates. I'm sure if there is a serious threat that blackberry would provide a patch for it like they did for the priv.
    Soapm, Grungni, moosbb and 2 others like this.
    07-01-19 10:03 AM
    KEYone Black Edition is running good. Should be a reliable device for a couple of years. Time will tell.
    Simon6333 likes this.
    07-01-19 10:20 AM
    I got a tablet that I use daily that hasn't got an update since 2017. Haven't had an issue with it since. It's stuck on Nougat but still works fine. That's the same way I will approach my keyone. It's not the end of the world.

I don't work for the government and don't require the latest security updates. I'm sure if there is a serious threat that blackberry would provide a patch for it like they did for the priv.
    I too have a tablet that runs older and unpatched Android.... but I don't do much with it other than using a few select apps. I use my Windows Tablet it I'm browsing or banking...

I know of folks that allow their kids to swim in the nearby river... doesn't mean that I would let my kids swim there. Granted it's been at least 10 years since the last gator or bull shark attack on a human...

It's a risk... one that grows every patch that you don't get. BlackBerry has drilled it into many that monthly patches are very important, so it shouldn't be surprising if some don't suddenly think they aren't important.

My view is most these vulnerabilities are theoretical, most require the user to do something "risky". I think going a year without patches should be OK if you are careful... and want to risk it.
    anon(10218918) and Elky64 like this.
    07-01-19 10:22 AM
    I have one too that says the opposite. I don't give either any weight. [IMG=837x792]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/a5df00b96e9dcf5bb7ca456a40894a12.jpg[/url]
    A couple of questions: the KEYones licensed to be made by more than one licensee for different regions. Would this account for differences in when we get patches and also EOL dates?
    That doesn't fully account for the fact that my US silver unlocked KEYone is still on APB819. Feb 5, 2019 update. Other TCL units have later updates.
    07-01-19 10:46 AM
    it's a political statement from two international entities, a virtual poke in the eye with a sharp stick... no wonder US government agencies are moving off BlackBerry devices of any kind...
    07-01-19 10:53 AM
    A couple of questions: the KEYones licensed to be made by more than one licensee for different regions. Would this account for differences in when we get patches and also EOL dates?
    That doesn't fully account for the fact that my US silver unlocked KEYone is still on APB819. Feb 5, 2019 update. Other TCL units have later updates.
    Both emails are from TCL (BlackBerry Mobile).
    07-01-19 11:18 AM
    BBMo makes the KEYone, and they sub-licences it to Optiemus who does assemble BBMo's components in country to qualify for the tax breaks. Part of the sub-licensing clearly accounts for those devices not getting updates - Optiemus isn't paying for the updates to be issued by BBMo.

Now other devices... who knows what regulator or financials reasons there are for a few variants being different? Clearly AT&T and Verizon have control over devices for their networks (even if they were unlocked devices).
    07-01-19 11:18 AM
    BlackBerry has drilled it into many that monthly patches are very important, so it shouldn't be surprising if some don't suddenly think they aren't important.
    That the stickler for me. If you look at my Motion's updates, in 20 months of ownership its only received 13 months worth essentially missing seven to-date. Pretty sure there's variants of the KEYone in the same boat. So in my books it's been a meh 2-years worth.

Yes heard "there was nothing to patch" yet when some models/variants are getting for a specific month why not others?
    07-01-19 11:20 AM
    It's a risk... one that grows every patch that you don't get. BlackBerry has drilled it into many that monthly patches are very important, so it shouldn't be surprising if some don't suddenly think they aren't important.
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    07-01-19 12:57 PM
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    Keyone is EOL, no future updates...-late1984.gif
    07-01-19 01:31 PM
    Quoting myself on this: Why no updates for this region. Unlocked used to get them first back in the Priv days. I know that this is now TCL but it is odd that US carrier KEYones would get the updates and not the unlocked version.
    07-01-19 05:47 PM
    Quoting myself on this: Why no updates for this region. Unlocked used to get them first back in the Priv days. I know that this is now TCL but it is odd that US carrier KEYones would get the updates and not the unlocked version.
    It's the Samsung USA business model, keep the carriers happy and don't undermine the carrier locked devices sales or support. Rollout the carrier locked updates before or at same time as factory unlocked?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-19 06:03 PM
    It's the Samsung USA business model, keep the carriers happy and don't undermine the carrier locked devices sales or support. Rollout the carrier locked updates before or at same time as factory unlocked?

Posted via CB10
    But still on February 5th?
    07-01-19 08:51 PM
    But still on February 5th?
    It's not perfect explanation but you'll have to cut me slack as I'm doing my CB postings on my Z3 and Q5 when I'm near some of that wifi like now...

I really need some Captain Morgan right now....
    Hey TT @TrumpetTiger where's the bottle at?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-19 09:11 PM
    It's not perfect explanation but you'll have to cut me slack as I'm doing my CB postings on my Z3 and Q5 when I'm near some of that wifi like now...

Posted via CB10
    *passes you the BB10 Kool-Aid, spiked with the Captain*

Here you go Chuckford...this will cure all your ills.

Sigewif, it might help you too.
    07-01-19 09:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey, not your fault.
    07-01-19 09:13 PM
27 12