Looking elsewhere on android.com
    Apparently for knowledge workers oem's only have to support the currently available phone plus one letter update with no time limit stipulation.

Rugged phones on the other hand have exactly the same condition but must also provide updates for 5 years
    3 years is specified.

https://www.android.com/intl/en_ca/e...e/recommended/
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    06-20-19 04:04 PM
    That clinches it. And BlackBerry mobile are on record as being very proud of the fact that they are Android Enterprise recommended for the key one and other devices
    06-20-19 04:15 PM
    That clinches it. And BlackBerry mobile are on record has been very proud of the fact that they are Android Enterprise recommended for the key one and other devices
    Clinches what? We knew that already.
    06-20-19 04:16 PM
    Clinches what? We knew that already.
    It means that they are obligated to provide support for key one to 3 years out from date of release
    06-20-19 04:18 PM
    It means that they are obligated to provide support for key one to 3 years out from date of release
    I'm only saying that BBMo's only possible obligation is to remain in the program. That's it. If they only provide 2 years of patches, and Google is fine with that, then there is no recourse.

But even then, it wouldn't be an easy case. Just because BBMo stated they were currently a participant in program X at the time of your purchase, does not mandate that they forever remain a participant in said program X for the duration of your ownership.
    Nothing of the sort. ^
    06-20-19 04:19 PM
    Nothing of the sort.
    Who it will be a really easy case with European law and currently British law
    06-20-19 04:21 PM
    Who it will be a really easy case with European law and currently British law
    There would be no case. Read my post again.
    06-20-19 04:21 PM
    There would be no case. Read my post again.
    I think we are digressing here anyway "they are honour bound for the three-year marker"
    06-20-19 04:23 PM
    Bottom line is that I got an impression that I'll get 3 years security patch when they joined the Enterprise program.
    06-20-19 05:21 PM
    I think we are digressing here anyway "they are honour bound for the three-year marker"
    If you're going to be a stickler, it's worth noting that the ONLY devices specified in the Android Enterprise Recommended program are unlocked ones. So no carrier-locked devices would be governed by the requirements. We'll see what happens, but I really don't expect there to be any consequences if BlackBerry doesn't update it's unlocked KEYone devices beyond two years.

As the happy owner of an AT&T-locked KEYone, I'd love a third year of updates, but am on record as saying that it would only happen if BBMo stays in the game. If they leave the market, there really won't be any recourse that would matter to me.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-20-19 05:24 PM
    I will add that ABY299 has just been certified for North American carriers (KEYᵒⁿᵉ).
    I am still on Feb. APB819 Is there hope that it will be updated?
    06-21-19 09:37 AM
    I am still on Feb. APB819 Is there hope that it will be updated?
    There is always hope. We'll find out soon enough.
    06-21-19 09:39 AM
    There is always hope. We'll find out soon enough.
    This is an unlocked silver edition NA KEYone. It went in for repair in March with Feb 5 update and is still on the Feb 5 update. It has made me wonder if something got stopped up during repair. (It was a screen repair on their warranty. A factory reset was done there. The screen would not turn on after I broke it.)
    06-21-19 09:46 AM
    This is an unlocked silver edition NA KEYone. It went in for repair in March with Feb 5 update and is stil on the Feb 5 update. It has made me winder if something got stopped up during repair. (Screen repair on their warranty.)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    06-21-19 09:48 AM
    Honor Bound... sure.

But as I said back when this program came out last year...

It's Android Enterprise Recommended not a commitment or contract.... in the FAQ it tells you that devices will simply be removed if the manufacture doesn't maintain the standards. There is no commitment with this program. It's simply a voluntary referral program, one that is mostly like meant to try and stem Samsung's dominance in the Android world.

FYI... you won't find any promises about updates in any BBMo licensing agreements or warranties either. Few marketing comments just like the one I posted about the Aurora.
    This is just business... you want honor you stick to premium manufactures with a proven track record.
    06-21-19 10:35 AM
    Good luck in court with that argument. I don't think it would meet any criteria I've ever seen for false advertising, as BBMo's only statements about updates for the KEYone clearly stated 2 years.
    If they clearly stated two years, it must have been in tiny print because everything I saw just said "monthly security updates". And they didn't even fulfill that for the first two years. I don't think any of the devices got a monthly update for all 24 months. The Verizon variant in particular went 3-4 months at a time without updates.
    06-22-19 12:21 PM
    If they clearly stated two years, it must have been in tiny print because everything I saw just said "monthly security updates". And they didn't even fulfill that for the first two years. I don't think any of the devices got a monthly update for all 24 months. The Verizon variant in particular went 3-4 months at a time without updates.
    They stated timely "monthly security patches", not timely "security patches monthly".

Bottom line was that they were very good - Verizon's laziness notwithstanding.
    06-22-19 12:49 PM
    Where do I find the prd on my phone? Will I receive anymore updates on my silver BBB100-1!
    Does the lates update fix the fingerprint scan issue?
    06-27-19 03:33 PM
    Where do I find the prd on my phone? Will I receive anymore updates on my silver BBB100-1!
    Does the lates update fix the fingerprint scan issue?
    Type *#837837# into the phone dialer.

I've never had an issue with the fingerprint scanner on any OS build, so I can't say if anything would help you.
    06-27-19 03:35 PM
    Type *#837837# into the phone dialer.

I've never had an issue with the fingerprint scanner on any OS build, so I can't say if anything would help you.
    Yeah most of those have been hardware issues... but generally they showed up soon after purchase, well within a return period.
    06-27-19 03:38 PM
    Both lights blink on the scanner. Sometimes the scan works right away as it should and other times it takes minutes.
    06-27-19 03:41 PM
421 ... 151617