I meant individual models - like A50, S10, Note 9, etc.

Likewise, I wouldn't expect a breakdown between the KEY², Evolve, etc.
    05-30-19 08:26 AM
    I meant individual models - like A50, S10, Note 9, etc.

Likewise, I wouldn't expect a breakdown between the KEY², Evolve, etc.
    Select Scope on the Samsung page and you get a listing which devices are listed for monthly updates.
    05-30-19 11:43 AM
    Select Scope on the Samsung page and you get a listing which devices are listed for monthly updates.
    Yes, but it doesn't say which device is getting which set of patches. This is what was raised.
    05-30-19 11:45 AM
    Yes, but it doesn't say which device is getting which set of patches. This is what was raised.
    The list would be too long.
    In the moment Samsung is using: Device model + SIM variant + country code + carrier code.
    The set is always the same and is based on the little Android string. Just compare the CVEs
    05-30-19 11:58 AM
    The list would be too long.
    In the moment Samsung is using: Device model + SIM variant + country code + carrier code.
    The set is always the same and is based on the little Android string. Just compare the CVEs
    I don't think you're following the conversation.
    05-30-19 12:01 PM
    The AT&T KeyOne got the May Security Patch. That being said, it's basically a 9 month old base OS with all the security patches slapped on top. I'll post an autoloader if anyone desperately wants to have the latest security patch.
    Does this mean that no other K1 variant will receive the May security patch? What is an "Old OS"? Are K1's and K2's not all configured the same as per variant? Curious. Thanks,
    05-30-19 12:23 PM
    Does this mean that no other K1 variant will receive the May security patch? What is an "Old OS"? Are K1's and K2's not all configured the same as per variant? Curious. Thanks,
    Except for AT&T and CDMA devices, all variants are up-to-date.

Said devices are just getting security patches slapped onto an old build.

Not that much has changed in the last 10 months anyway.
    05-30-19 12:25 PM
    No. All other devices have the current OS.
    So my AT&T KEYone is not the most recent Oreo update but is security update? My BE KEYone is the most recent Oreo update but not the most recent security update?

Got it. Clear as mud. LOL, I still love my devices and PKB is all that matters. Repeat 99x more to be true.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-30-19 12:34 PM
    Except for AT&T and CDMA devices, all variants are up-to-date.

Said devices are just getting security patches slapped onto an old build.

Not that much has changed in the last 10 months anyway.
    Ok, I think I get it. So AT&T is only now caught up with updates and on par (April update) with all other variants. Have I got it right?
    05-30-19 12:40 PM
    Ok, I think I get it. So AT&T is only now caught up with updates and on par (April update) with all other variants. Have I got it right?
    No I have AT&T May security update.
    05-30-19 12:49 PM
    No I have AT&T May security update.
    When was your previous update?
    05-30-19 12:50 PM
    No. AT&T has an OS update from last August with all of the patches applied up to May.

The others have an OS update and patch level of April of this year.
    Last edited by conite; 05-30-19 at 02:09 PM.
    05-30-19 01:15 PM
    April

Security updates on my carrier locked AT&T KEYone have been consistent like a monthly bill payment for my electric bill.
    05-30-19 01:16 PM
    April. Before that March, Feb, etc. I'm also on AT&T.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-30-19 01:17 PM
    Ah, ok. Very clear now. Thanks,
    05-30-19 01:17 PM
    According the to powers that be @thurask , last intern "set it and forget it" task from nine months ago before maternity leave .....
    05-30-19 01:20 PM
    Are you sure about that?

Some OEMs release Bulletins on what is included in each patch... Security, as well as Functional Patches. Sometimes those Functional Patches can also improve Privacy and Security.... never mind just improvements in general. But each OEM can have their own Security Patches that go beyond monthly Android patches - generally for their own specific hardware components. Does BBMo bother with these same types of patches? Are there BBMo patch bulletins?
    Not sure about anything when it comes to Android security. The attack surface is much too large for the benefits that the phone offers me. Many Enterprises agree, which is why they lock down mobile access to the point that it interferes with collaboration and productivity.

05-30-19 01:22 PM
    Many Enterprises agree, which is why they lock down mobile access to the point that it interferes with collaboration and productivity.

That's why so many hated BlackBerry in the corporate world...

Was just that there weren't apps, but that IT could prevent so much. Also why BYOD become so dominate...
    05-30-19 02:02 PM
    I will post the KeyOne May Security Patch Autoloader that can be used on most variants tonight (if you don't mind operating on a base OS of ABDsomethingorother).
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-30-19 02:58 PM
    As we are now well into June of 2019 and the last known update for the unlocked North American Silver edition was tagged as February (but only released in March), can we now officially say that TCL has defrauded NA silver Keyone owners of a legitimate update?
    Another question, why is TCL still officially advertising the Keyone???
    The whole blackberry key-X fiasco really stinks of a ponzi scheme where system updates seem to be financed by the sales of new units. When the sales stop....so do the updates.
    It would be really, really nice of blackberry to give end users the option of purchasing the updates so we don't have to rely on deadbeat mfg/carriers!
    06-18-19 03:24 AM
    As we are now well into June of 2019 and the last known update for the unlocked North American Silver edition was tagged as February (but only released in March), can we now officially say that TCL has defrauded NA silver Keyone owners of a legitimate update?
    Another question, why is TCL still officially advertising the Keyone???
    The whole blackberry key-X fiasco really stinks of a ponzi scheme where system updates seem to be financed by the sales of new units. When the sales stop....so do the updates.
    It would be really, really nice of blackberry to give end users the option of purchasing the updates so we don't have to rely on deadbeat mfg/carriers!
    You can always use the no-wipe autoloader to bring you to the end - the April patch.
    06-18-19 07:53 AM
    TCL **should** also do what they were paid to do.
    They **still** have the tagline on their website that the Keyone features "Latest Android Security Updates".
    I appreciate all that the Crackberry community does but why aren't the people getting PAID to do the job doing it ?!?!
    **the no-wipe autoloader worked like a charm....if only they could be made available for all variants**
    06-18-19 08:33 AM
    Where are the Verizon KeyOne patch? Should KeyOne owners wait for Key3 or get a 1 year old Key2LE?

Thanks for any feedback!
    06-18-19 03:13 PM
    Where are the Verizon KeyOne patch? Should KeyOne owners wait for Key3 or get a 1 year old Key2LE?

Thanks for any feedback!
    Average is keep your phone for three years and then upgrade... only you can determine if you need an upgrade sooner.

KEY3 is a ways off right now... my guess is if it comes they'll wait and launch it at MWC. I taught maybe they'd do it about Nov, but so far there isn't much beyond a designation that could be anything. With past BBMo devices we knew what they were six months or more before launch. I just don't see the point in a Dec - Jan launch.
    06-18-19 03:28 PM

Thanks for any feedback!
    Verizon chose not to play ball with BBMo regarding the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. It is what it is.

The KEY² LE is officially supported and SOLD by Verizon (business unit), so you KNOW it will be supported to the bitter end.
    06-18-19 03:29 PM
421 ... 1213141516 ...