So my wife was rushing around and placed her KEYone on the top of her car (exactly the same way CBK did in his video). The phone was placed back side down.

She started driving from our house on the side roads and was driving at slower speeds. It wasn't until she hit the main road and started to accelerate that she heard a bang. Thinking nothing of it she kept on her way. 10 minutes later after arriving to her destination she realized about her phone and the bang was the phone falling off the top of the car. Funny part is that it didn't fall off when she turned onto the main road, but when she accelerated.

She drove back to find her phone. She did end up finding it in the condition as shown on the pictures. It landed front side down and she did mention that she saw tire marks on the back side (which was facing up).

Funny part about this whole situation is that the screen did not pop off at all.

KEYone drop...similar to CBK's "Real World" Durability Test-img_20170830_1714540.jpgKEYone drop...similar to CBK's "Real World" Durability Test-img_20170830_1715174.jpgKEYone drop...similar to CBK's "Real World" Durability Test-img_20170830_1715437.jpg
    08-31-17 11:58 AM
    Sorry for your loss....
    diego.roscetti likes this.
    08-31-17 12:04 PM
    Wow ... I can't believe she was able to find it on a main road. Oh man... that is some serious damage to the phone. Great that the screen didn't pop off, but what use is that screen in its current state?

Does she have insurance for the phone? It is nice that you are able to laugh about it. I would be pissed at myself or my wife. In fact, I'm pissed off at your wife for such carelessness.
    thinkdan likes this.
    08-31-17 12:09 PM
    Wow ... I can't believe she was able to find it on a main road. Oh man... that is some serious damage to the phone. Great that the screen didn't pop off, but what use is that screen in its current state?

Does she have insurance for the phone? It is nice that you are able to laugh about it. I would be pissed at myself or my wife. In fact, I'm pissed off at your wife for such carelessness.
    True about the screen. With all the talk of the screen lifting stuff figured I would mention it. This was a purchase from day one of availability as well and not from the recent batch of "fixed" devices.

No insurance sadly. And I purchased the phone out right for her. She loves her keypad so I ended up giving her my phone and I am back on my DTEK60 now.
    08-31-17 12:17 PM
    Based on your story it sounds like it was not the drop that damaged the phone but the next car that drove over it. One tone of the next car did the trick.

Sorry about the phone. Hopefully BlackBerry can fix it at reasonable price
    08-31-17 12:20 PM
    Based on your story it sounds like it was not the drop that damaged the phone but the next car that drove over it. One tone of the next car did the trick.

Sorry about the phone. Hopefully BlackBerry can fix it at reasonable price
    That's what I am thinking as well. The car must have caused the damage.
    08-31-17 12:22 PM
    That's what I am thinking as well. The car must have caused the damage.
    Yes the car pushed the phone to the ground and little stones on pavement broke the screen. If your wife realized what happen right all the way the phone would be fine less some scuff and scratches here and there
    08-31-17 12:24 PM
    Yes the car pushed the phone to the ground and little stones on pavement broke the screen. If your wife realized what happen right all the way the phone would be fine less some scuff and scratches here and there
    I would think so. Unfortunate.
    08-31-17 12:42 PM
    Does it still work? I would consider buying t for parts.
    08-31-17 02:29 PM
    Does it still work? I would consider buying t for parts.
    Yes. I can see light coming through parts of the screen and the keypad still lights up.

Gonna see how much to fix it. If it is not worth it I will let you know.
    08-31-17 03:14 PM
    08-31-17 03:40 PM
    Wait, so a car ran it over? (She saw tire marks) and it didn't get crushed? Where is the guy that's been claiming this is made out of cheap materials? Hello?

Anyway, sucks about the phone, at least it still works meaning you can probably get stuff out of the phone if you plugged it into your computer...
    08-31-17 05:26 PM
    My heart!
    08-31-17 05:40 PM
    Wait, so a car ran it over? (She saw tire marks) and it didn't get crushed? Where is the guy that's been claiming this is made out of cheap materials? Hello?

Anyway, sucks about the phone, at least it still works meaning you can probably get stuff out of the phone if you plugged it into your computer...
    Yea very true. Obviously people who like to make false claims.

Yes phone still works. Light on the keypad and parts of the screen still come on.
    08-31-17 06:11 PM
    My heart!
    LOL. Exactly what I thought when I first saw it. Especially because we paid full price for it out of contract.
    08-31-17 06:12 PM
    time for a divorce
    thinkdan likes this.
    08-31-17 06:17 PM
    Yea very true. Obviously people who like to make false claims.

Yes phone still works. Light on the keypad and parts of the screen still come on.
    Day 1 adhesive issue aside, the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is built like a tank.

I suspect the upcoming Krypton will be the same.

Just another powerful differentiating feature of BlackBerry Mobile devices.
    08-31-17 06:17 PM
    Day 1 adhesive issue aside, the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is built like a tank.

I suspect the upcoming Krypton will be the same.

Just another powerful differentiating feature of BlackBerry Mobile devices.
    Agreed. Called a local place to see how much for a repair. Played stupid with the guy asking if he has gotten alot of KEYones.

With enthusiasm he said Yes. He said to me that they put no adhesive at all on the screen when they made the device. He got so many in to fix the screen because there was no adhesive.
    08-31-17 06:24 PM
    Agreed. Called a local place to see how much for a repair. Played stupid with the guy asking if he has gotten alot of KEYones.

With enthusiasm he said Yes. He said to me that they put no adhesive at all on the screen when they made the device. He got so many in to fix the screen because there was no adhesive.
    True. But that's such a cheap and easy fix - and free if you send it back under warranty (but I wouldn't bother).
    08-31-17 06:26 PM