Why should we be happy we never get what we want.
    It appears as if what you want is not economically feasible. High end specs, with high end build, PKB for a bargain basement price. It's not going to happen. You may as well move along now.
    02-26-17 11:11 AM
    Why should we be happy we never get what we want.
    You shouldn't, if you can find what you want elsewhere go get it. If you want a BlackBerry device with a pkb...this is it. It is what it is.
    02-26-17 11:13 AM
    Please, why are people comparing this phone to others. There's no comparison whatsoever. I'm a bit disappointed about the price because I'll have to wait a bit longer to buy the device, not because others are cheaper. The chipset alone doesn't make the price of the device. We've already seen that BlackBerry security is a 100+ pricetag (which I'm willing to pay) and now the keyboard adds another bump to the price. Plus, BlackBerry wants a fee as well. So yeah, it's probably priced about 150 more because of these aspects. Double plus, it's a one of a kind device. Stop the comparisons.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 11:16 AM
    @OP, Are you done designing your passport 2?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah

Posted via my Nokia 3310
    02-26-17 11:18 AM
    LOL Have you seen Nokia event?
    That is how you do it.
    Yup, exactly, just watched it, humanizing the brand.
    02-26-17 11:18 AM
    My two cents: yes, the launch presentation was a fail. I was so excited to watch the live stream from my place in California and the entire thing was...underwhelming. The feed cut off for minutes on end, and I had to go back to re-watch it on CrackberryKevin's YouTube channel. The crowd didn't seem to be into it at all, and the presenters weren't doing much to get the crowd into it either (maybe everyone was already anxious and annoyed at it starting late). BlackBerryMobile and TCL should take ques from other phone companies to see what they could improve on (and take a glance at some of the comments in these forums to get them going in the right direction).

Secondly, the April release date is terrible! Haven't they been working on this phone for a while now? It's been teased on Twitter and in interviews. Hell, parts of the alleged hardware and software specs have been leaked for some time now too. What is the hold up? Consumers want instant gratification..... if it's launching, it should be made available for purchase that day (like Apple). If there's even a little bit of hype to a new BlackBerry device, they should try to generate that excitement and energy into sales (and based on people's comments on Crackberry - me included- there IS excitement for this device). Why have the release date/date of available purchase further down the line and let that energy fizzle? I think this was a missed opportunity for BlackBerry Mobile and TCL. I don't even mind the price, just have it be made available earlier for Pete's sake. OK, rant over.

And yes, I realize there might be limitations that they have going into a launch and release that I am not aware of, but quite frankly, they should have gotten their **** together for this phone.

Posted with  BlackBerry Classic
    Last edited by PALoeza; 02-26-17 at 01:17 PM.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    02-26-17 11:25 AM
    As this thread has progressed, it's nice to see reason has taken over for the most part from the whiners.

KeyOne will be a success. Wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 11:32 AM
    I'm not complaining just making my point regarding the product
    No one has succeeded in making that point yet. Not in this thread or elsewhere. No one.
    02-26-17 11:37 AM
    It appears as if what you want is not economically feasible. High end specs, with high end build, PKB for a bargain basement price. It's not going to happen. You may as well move along now.
    Enter applause.
    Carjackd, Superfly_FR and SMocek like this.
    02-26-17 11:38 AM
    Ok I'm on the plane home from Barcelona! Got to see the KEYone live and in person. Played with it, saw the software, talked with TCL, BlackBerry AND CrackBerry Kevin about it. Besides what they all had to say I was impressed with the phone myself. TCL and by extension BlackBerry seem very committed to getting this out and getting it right. While it may not have THE best specs it has good specs, and it has what BlackBerry is know for, an iconic keyboard (that was excellent IMHO), great security with the DTEK software, and amazing productivity via fluid OS and amazing battery life (CBK finished a BUSY night with over 60% left on his!)

Ok the price? Yea it could have been 50 dollars cheaper in my opinion US AND I still think you Canadians and Euro(s) get screwed on pricing, BUT considering Priv pricing and what COULD have been 549 US is NOT all that bad! I know I'm getting one! To quote my friend Carjadckd "I'm all in!"

PS The name. At first I was a little confused and not really digging it, BUT it is growing on me! It's bringing out the Star Wars fan in me a little. AND it's much better than DTEK something, OR good LORD "Priv" The guy who came up with "Priv" ought to be fired! lol
    Congrats on that BTW. Ive been wondering something and I havent seen it in any reviews. How is the screen ratio with android apps? I know my passport looks fantastic running evernote in the zoomed out mode, but how would that work with the KO ratio? Also, do games get shrunk/letterboxed to fit the screen? I plan on doing some Pokemon Go or other games with some younger family members in the summer to go exploring in our city.

SIDENOTE: Ive heard this a few times... any word / rumour on Passport 2 running android? Id drop $1000 for that
    02-26-17 12:32 PM
    Enterprise enterprise enterprise, BlackBerry has keep on saying their Android devices are for enterprises not for consumer. Did Priv/Dtek50/60 sold well and replaced all the Corporate users iphone/samsung/bb10 ??

Aren't security important to them? Still they didn't replaced or buy BlackBerry android, why?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 12:33 PM
    Good comparison and nobody really needs more then that on their phone unless you're downloading massive media files all day long.

Posted via CB10
    Unless he is running a torrent website, gotta be mate. That's why he needs all that power.
    02-26-17 12:44 PM
    I was there. I played with it. I saw it used and discussed with owners.
    Let me sum up.

Device is 110% fluid.
    Screen is sharp and luminous.
    Keyboard is awesome (swipe blah ? ok, get accustomed with thumb swipe on the right, where there's 4 rows and no SW tool belt above).
    SnapDragon9988999 would be better ? Think battery life: this beast last forever (and that's not specs, that's IRL).
    You don't like the name ? Ah, big grief; taste and colors ...
    Too expensive ? What price would you compute if you think PKB (obviously), specific chassis, specific screen size ? $100 ? Recalculate, compare.

My advice : play with it for 15 minutes or watch ant reviewer's hands on [reminder : these are all pre-production units some fine tuning to be done].
    falbo, SMocek and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    02-26-17 12:58 PM
    Enterprise enterprise enterprise, BlackBerry has keep on saying their Android devices are for enterprises not for consumer. Did Priv/Dtek50/60 sold well and replaced all the Corporate users iphone/samsung/bb10 ??

Aren't security important to them? Still they didn't replaced or buy BlackBerry android, why?

Posted via CB10
    There are still orders of magnitude more Android devices in the enterprise space than BB10 or BBOS. So at least the market exists. If TCL can do better than Blackberry ever did to convince people that Blackberry Android is a viable alternative to Samsung Knox, there may be some hope. At least TCL thinks there is.
    02-26-17 12:59 PM

TCL only needs to replace a small fraction of the enterprise and government phones to be profitable. And whatever success they have will help to support BlackBerry's mobile device management and security software business.
    02-26-17 01:05 PM
    looks to be a very functional device with great specs, it will be great for business and crack heads like me who appreciate the physical keyboard. Who cares what the specs are as long as the devices works well!
    tnewton3 likes this.
    02-26-17 01:07 PM
    I'm happy about getting some info on price, availability and timeframe. Yeah price is a little high and the keynote wasn't the most exciting thing but I'm still excited about it. I'm hopeful for a decent marketing campaign so the masses will know it exists.
    02-26-17 01:52 PM
    It's all a matter of preference: 6 hours more of battery life or 6 seconds faster to open candy crush saga? Stop vomiting your silly words before considering the device's purpose and it's target public.

BlackBerry Z30
    02-26-17 02:19 PM
    For you guys talking about the marketing, it seems like KeyOne is coming to Brazil. I don't know about other countries, but just for the record, the last BlackBerry I've seen here on a carrier was a z10. It has to mean something.

BlackBerry Z30
    02-26-17 02:25 PM
    The KEYone is very good at its price in comparison to others which are much more expensive, almost double the price of the KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 02:39 PM
    Tastes are different, I like the new name: KEYone - sounds cool!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 02:41 PM
    To each their own.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 02:50 PM
    I was there. I played with it. I saw it used and discussed with owners.
    Let me sum up.

Device is 110% fluid.
    Screen is sharp and luminous.
    Keyboard is awesome (swipe blah ? ok, get accustomed with thumb swipe on the right, where there's 4 rows and no SW tool belt above).
    SnapDragon9988999 would be better ? Think battery life: this beast last forever (and that's not specs, that's IRL).
    You don't like the name ? Ah, big grief; taste and colors ...
    Too expensive ? What price would you compute if you think PKB (obviously), specific chassis, specific screen size ? $100 ? Recalculate, compare.

My advice : play with it for 15 minutes or watch ant reviewer's hands on [reminder : these are all pre-production units some fine tuning to be done].
    Can it block a phone # or txt?
    02-26-17 02:59 PM
    Can it block a phone # or txt?
    This is not a device specific function. I believe under Marshmallow as with IOS "blocked" calls are intercepted and sent to voice mail.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-26-17 03:08 PM
    I'm not complaining just making my point regarding the product
    Please enlighten us with more feedback regarding the product.

How long have you been using the blackberry keyone?
    For what purpose do you use your keyone?

For someone like you who uses a keyone I would like elaborate details regarding the new KBP.

You see? Exactly what kind of point your trying to make? Because I hoesntly fail to see it. Not EVERYONE likes slabs, not EVERYONE plays video games on their smartphones.

The cost of the phone is there simply because of the KB, security, quality build and because it IS a blackberry.

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    02-26-17 03:09 PM
446 ... 678910 ...